Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker

When does the AVM update ?

I have asked this before but never got an answer. ... so here I go again ... My lawyer got an mail from Alabama DOL saying they forwarded the case on April 22nd 2004. Now when I go to the AVM and enter my employer phone number (he applied for quite a few ) I do not hear of any case in 'Received' status around or after April 22nd 2004.
Is this normal to not appear in AVM even after 4 and half months ? Or do you think this could be in the parking 'LOT' (lost in transit) ? What do you guys think ?

menonsatishb said:
I have asked this before but never got an answer. ... so here I go again ... My lawyer got an mail from Alabama DOL saying they forwarded the case on April 22nd 2004. Now when I go to the AVM and enter my employer phone number (he applied for quite a few ) I do not hear of any case in 'Received' status around or after April 22nd 2004.
Is this normal to not appear in AVM even after 4 and half months ? Or do you think this could be in the parking 'LOT' (lost in transit) ? What do you guys think ?
Nothing to worry,I heard people getting certified without even showing up on AVM.Sometimes it takes time for them to data enter for showing up on AVM.

bomBay,

I'm in a similar situation and so is laborUknown. Chags was able to successfully comeout of this situation - so there is some hope!!.

keep hope alive!

It's a tricky one. Sufficient recruitment effort is must in all LC petition to show unavailability of qualified and willing candidate(s). Don't let employer/attorney take this lightly by assuming it’s a simple.

Employer may end-up doing the recruitment process again for the stated job. It all depends upon how well documented paperwork attorney/employer are submitting as a rebuttal.

b0mbay said:
:mad: DOL has asked for "Recruitment report" ...All the Resumes that were received for the post and the date details ... Could anyone throw more light whether this is generic and mild or is it something to worry?... :confused:

b0mbay said:
:mad: DOL has asked for "Recruitment report" ...All the Resumes that were received for the post and the date details ... Could anyone throw more light whether this is generic and mild or is it something to worry?... :confused:
This is a norm. I dont know if your case is handled through your employer or by a professional Immigration Lawyer. In my case my lawyer attached not only the resume we received but also reson for refusal, copy of refusal letter sent to all those applicant explaining the reason ( all the letters were sent through a certified mail so my lawyer included return receipt with refusal letters as a reciept proof ). So it is a very important step....

hello,
couple of 044039xx cases at my work have been certified..anyone within that same range should probably check the avm.

hi IN_LC

I have the same NOF, regarding advertisements when they filed labor they sent the report as "no qualified persons were found", DOL asked for clarification. Now my lawyer is sending a letter saying Zero(0) candidates have responded. Will it be ok??

There was one more issue about the prevailing wage I guess thats a fixable issue. Bcoz the prevailing wages were high back in 2002 but now the DOL site has different prevailing wage. The prevailing wage is less than the offer wage, So i Guess I am ok with this issue.

IN_LC said:
This is a norm. I dont know if your case is handled through your employer or by a professional Immigration Lawyer. In my case my lawyer attached not only the resume we received but also reson for refusal, copy of refusal letter sent to all those applicant explaining the reason ( all the letters were sent through a certified mail so my lawyer included return receipt with refusal letters as a reciept proof ). So it is a very important step....

new to the thread

hi all,
i m new to the forum but been there for a long time as a reader,its really great to be the part of such a informative forum,please add me in the list.
dot code:030-162-014
atl rec date:jun 6 2003
case nos:044046** and 04406*** i dont know which one is mine as we have two people from my comapany on the same date.i m just waiting :(
thanks
jun03

Welcome Jun03

Updated Status List ..
jun03 said:
hi all,
i m new to the forum but been there for a long time as a reader,its really great to be the part of such a informative forum,please add me in the list.
dot code:030-162-014
atl rec date:jun 6 2003
case nos:044046** and 04406*** i dont know which one is mine as we have two people from my comapany on the same date.i m just waiting :(
thanks
jun03

Hi gceeker05,

I had posted my question on this Forum a couple of days back, but never got a reply from anyone. My case was forwarded to Federal Atlanta on 3rd August 2004 from NC state. I dont have a Case # or a Receipt number yet. The attorney said Atlanta assigns a case # when It is approved. Can you help me with this?

Thanks

My undersanding is that there is no point in assigning a case # when/after it is approved at regional level. Your attorney/employer should give you state case # which can help you in finding ATL regional case #.

Let me know if this helps..

GPra said:
Hi gceeker05,

I had posted my question on this Forum a couple of days back, but never got a reply from anyone. My case was forwarded to Federal Atlanta on 3rd August 2004 from NC state. I dont have a Case # or a Receipt number yet. The attorney said Atlanta assigns a case # when It is approved. Can you help me with this?

Thanks

Thanks for the prompt reply gceeker05. I do have the State Case # with me. How do I find the ATL regional case #?

Thanks

GPra said:
Thanks for the prompt reply gceeker05. I do have the State Case # with me. How do I find the ATL regional case #?
USING AVM

Dial 404-562-2131 , & follow the instruction(s). When system prompts you to enter case #, enter “Case Number”.

If you don’t have case number, you can also use Employer Tax-ID OR Phone number (Number listed on PART-A of LC application). If you use this option, you will hear status of all the cases applied by your employer; those are preceded by DOT code. If your company had filled multiple LC application, then you might need to do some guessing based on dates and DOT code.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
After Labor

Guys,
I have just submitted my application for 140/485 after getting labor certified from ATL. Since this group has been a big help for me wanted to add my 2 cents for all the ones who are on the verge of getting certified.
1. U will need 8 passport size photos for 485/EAD/AP. I found CVS to be the cheapest option as they did 8 for me and 8 for my wife in $8.
2. Get ur medicals done as it is valid for 1 year. It costs between $100-150 and don’t be surprised if you have to drop your pants.
3. If you don’t have any vaccination records and are required to get them, go to you county state health department as they will charge you much less.
3. Get English translations of you birth certificate and your marriage certificate.
I am sure your attorneys will be your best guide along the way.
All the best and spread the peace.

gc_sc

Hey can you tell me what kind of medical records are required?

gc_sc said:
Guys,
I have just submitted my application for 140/485 after getting labor certified from ATL. Since this group has been a big help for me wanted to add my 2 cents for all the ones who are on the verge of getting certified.
1. U will need 8 passport size photos for 485/EAD/AP. I found CVS to be the cheapest option as they did 8 for me and 8 for my wife in $8.
2. Get ur medicals done as it is valid for 1 year. It costs between $100-150 and don’t be surprised if you have to drop your pants.
3. If you don’t have any vaccination records and are required to get them, go to you county state health department as they will charge you much less.
3. Get English translations of you birth certificate and your marriage certificate.

Can somebody help me

I cleared my state in Feb 2004, The application went to regional in Apr 2004.
Couple of months back I called the Atlanta office and came to know that they have not entered the applications from Aprl to there system.

My understanding was that the casenumber will be assigned at regional level and you cannot get one unless the clerk entered your application to the system at regional office. Correct me if I am wrong

Thanks in Advance

Correction. See Inline

gc_sc said:
Guys,
... You will need 6 (not 8). Two for each application. Also check new photo format memo issued by USCIS:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/handbook/PhotoRmnd082504.pdf

... Due to the continuing backlog of some adjustment of status applications, validity of the civil surgeon’s endorsement on Form I-693, when filed concurrently with Form I-485, is extended until the adjustment application is adjudicated, if no Class A/Class B medical condition is certified. This policy is in effect until January 1, 2005.
http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/handbook/I693ExtMem10804.pdf

Last edited by a moderator: