Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker

I am fed up with all this nonsense, I am also seriously thinking of going back to my country.

dru said:
Hey Guys,
Update ... I mustered up the guts and called that phone number at ATL DOL and spoke to the lady. She said, ALL pending LC applications have been sent to the Backlog Center - Atlanta DOL no longer has any pending LCs with them.
- Dru

you can file I-140 with an option for CP or AOS.

its easier to file with CP option and then for some reason if you want to change over to I-485....you only need to make an amendment and file the 485 paperwork with the I-140 approval notice.

however,
if you mention 485 in your I-140 form and then decide to change over to CP....you'll need to file for I-824 and wait for its approval before you can proceed with CP processing.

but its possible to go both ways and then change if you want to...but its much easier to stick with one process.....

my lawyer said that many of her clients have gone CP recently and have had pleasant experiences...thats why i am going for CP.

i tried to wriggle out an estimated or worst case scenario GC date for me and she said "January 2006".
so lets see if i can make it that far....

dru said:
Hi Nishokie,
Awesome, my main question was:

"do you know if the reverse is true, i.e. if you opt for AOS and then change your mind after you get your 140 approved that you want to go for 485, is that possible?"

This is really good info, if you remember any other relevant detail from your conversation with the lawyer, do post it.

Congrats and good luck! :)
- Dru

Switching Employers

Guys, Any help/advice/inputs please?

"Was wondering if I can continue processing my GreenCard Application from "X" company while working with "Y" company. The reason I ask is my client may offer a fulltime position and I am not sure if I must take it or not. Please advice."

Thanks.

Yes. You can, provided company X is OK with your switch to company Y.

This really depends on your relations with company X.

zoar13 said:
Guys, Any help/advice/inputs please?

"Was wondering if I can continue processing my GreenCard Application from "X" company while working with "Y" company. The reason I ask is my client may offer a fulltime position and I am not sure if I must take it or not. Please advice."

Thanks.

Got response for my status check

Just let you guys know that my boss got the response for my case status check yesterday. My case number is T-05012-XXXXX, which means it was entered on Jan 12th, 2005. My PD is June 2004.

hi ,
which no did u call up to get the case no.
our case was trfd to atl dol in may 2004 .no case no till end of dec .

is this the case no u got from the philly brc or was it assigned before tfg to philly.

this is the new case number in BEC. Please check the previous posts about the email access that you can use to check status for the transferred case. My case was previously assigned a regional case number and I got that information by calling atl automated phone system in august.

mans22 said:
hi ,
which no did u call up to get the case no.
our case was trfd to atl dol in may 2004 .no case no till end of dec .

is this the case no u got from the philly brc or was it assigned before tfg to philly.

From the new case numbers posted by others who received 45 letters, it seems that 45 letters usually arrives about 6 weeks after the case is entered in BEC system. Could people in this thread that got the new case number specify your case entered date please? For example, mine is T-05012-XXXXX, then the date is Jan 12th, 2005.

lavendersummer said:
this is the new case number in BEC. Please check the previous posts about the email access that you can use to check status for the transferred case. My case was previously assigned a regional case number and I got that information by calling atl automated phone system in august.

Mine is P-05012-xxxxx, my PD is June 14, 2004.

lavendersummer said:
From the new case numbers posted by others who received 45 letters, it seems that 45 letters usually arrives about 6 weeks after the case is entered in BEC system. Could people in this thread that got the new case number specify your case entered date please? For example, mine is T-05012-XXXXX, then the date is Jan 12th, 2005.

dru said:
Hey Guys,
Update ... I mustered up the guts and called that phone number at ATL DOL and spoke to the lady. She said, ALL pending LC applications have been sent to the Backlog Center - Atlanta DOL no longer has any pending LCs with them.
- Dru

Ok, so do you mean to say that Atlanta DOL is not processing any cases at all, so all the cases have been forwarded to BRC??
So what are these perocessing dates mean in the immigration portal?
I am totally lost, as some say all cases after sep'23'03 have been forwarded to BRC and some say from Sep'1'03, but does anybody has any actual insider news as to whats happening at Atl DOL??

Any recent approvals, this way we know actually that something is happening at Atl DOL...

Hi mvnm,

My understanding is that - yes, all remaining LC cases have been forwarded to BRC. Those approved until approx mid-June 2003 are the lucky ones. Remaining all cases are sent to BRC.

I would be more than happy if this were not true :) But the DOL lady told me this and my lawyer also said that they are awaiting a 45-day letter for me - my Atlanta received date is July 2003. Sounds like they may have decided on Sept 03, but changed their mind since PERM is close, who knows!

I don't think the immigration portal page is updated correctly. If anyone has any further information, it would help. I have come to terms with the fact that it will be a while before I hear anything :(

- Dru

mvnm00 said:
Ok, so do you mean to say that Atlanta DOL is not processing any cases at all, so all the cases have been forwarded to BRC??
So what are these perocessing dates mean in the immigration portal?
I am totally lost, as some say all cases after sep'23'03 have been forwarded to BRC and some say from Sep'1'03, but does anybody has any actual insider news as to whats happening at Atl DOL??

Any recent approvals, this way we know actually that something is happening at Atl DOL...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status check email to BRC

Hi guys,
This already posted in philly thread. Would like to get opinion from ppl here in this thread as well. Please do respond.

What is required for Dallas or Philly to send me status on my case. I have the case number but the problem is when we applied, we had 5 ppl and I dont know out of the 5 case numbers which one is mine?
How do you propose I get around this problem?
Thanks much for your help and suggestions.
-frog

I believe all our cases has been fwded to Philly BRC, unless somebody can post any recent approvals. Anybody with Jun, Jul, Aug 2003 ATL Recd date should check with their attorney or call ATL DOL and find out what happend to those cases. I checked with my attorney/HR , they just have the following words to reply me. "BE PATIENT". Im planning to call ATL DOL to find out what is happening with my cases...if anybody has any updates... please post the forum.

Ph # to call ATL DOL : 404 893 0101

Thnxs
SG :confused:

Hi jifjef,

I called the same number others (kasid, GC_Ven etc) here have called: 4048930101. I believe this is a specific lady's desk, below are my conversation details:

Me: Hello, I am calling to check the status of an LC application
ATL DOL Lady: We don't have any LC applications anymore, here is the number you should use(and gave me the Philly BRC voicemail number)

Me: Oh, the case I'm calling about was actually transferred to Atlanta on July 7, 2003 - has that been moved too
ATL DOL Lady: All pending cases have been moved to the BRC

Me: Hmm, last on your website you were at Jun 2003, is it possible that the July 03 case is still there
ATL DOL Lady: We are not processing any LC applications anymore

Me: Ok, I see - Thank you
- Dru

jifjef said:
Dru,

what's the phone number you used? I would like to call and confirm what you heard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately my case is moved to BRC. Here is the email from ATL DOL. I think, I have to wait 2 more years for my labor.

"At this time we are no longer processing any new cases. We are boxing all of our unprocessed cases at this time and we expect them to be shipped this week. We are attempting to finish all outstanding cases (NOFs and Remands) in the next couple of weeks - any of these cases not closed by February 28th will be shipped to the backlog center as well."

Thanks

helen999 said:
Mine is P-05012-xxxxx, my PD is June 14, 2004.
helen999
how did u get the case no ? did u get the 45 day letter or did u get it via phone /email.
also did u get a case no from atl dol before it was trfd to brc.
My case was trfd to atl in may 2004 but was unable to get the case no via the automated system until nov/dec 2004 .

so stopped pursuing it .and waiting for the new case no.