Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker

We just had a meeting with the attorney, He said all the case received prior to Sep 23 2003 will be processed at ATL DOL I dont know how current is his information. :confused:

When we spoke with the Lady this morning we were told that my case received Jun 30 2003 was identified as a potential case :eek: for shipping it to Philly.

I am really pissed off :mad: :mad: :mad: with the mixed responses we r getting to hear. Different people are answering in a different way and I am not sure who is right. GOD only knows who's right or who's wrong :rolleyes:

kasid said:
Hey guys,
I called today atlanta dol at 4048930101. She directrly told me the cases has been moved to philly, she did not even ask my case number or whether iam an employer or no.
When my lawyer called last time they told my case is stil in atlanta.
Now this lady tells its in philly.
my case moved to regional on Aug 7th.
I really dont know what to do now.

kasid

At this point, we can do nothing but wait and HOPE that cases recd before Sep 23, 2003 is being and will be processed in ATL DOL.

Finally i got some stupid info!!

This morning i got fed up with this lady after calling, I thought as soon as they hear our voice they might tell the same thing, i asked one of my colleage she is an american lady to help me, she called direct person her name is beth in DOL and got this information that they have moved all the cases to philly brc. only they have few cases of june at there desk which they are going to clear in a week or so. but all the cases of july, aug, sep has been sent to philly itseems. and she gave phone number of pilly and email id also.
DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMN stupid guys i really dont know when are they going to open our files and send us 45 day letter in philla are they going to work on date wise or just first in first out or i dont know, we asked that lady how are they going to work she dont have any idea itseems.
so lets sail in this boat and wait when it will be cleared and when are they going to work on this cases.

Last edited by a moderator:
kasid: this is very bad news. we will be in the same boat with all other states where in some there is huge backlog. Per my attorney, BRC will start from eastern states where there is bigger accumulation.

Hey guys

I got this phone numbers and email id, i have mailed status report for two emails.
4842701500(Philly)
email id- status@phi.dflc.us
email id2- status@dal.dflc.us

I have mailed my status enquiry to both email id's i will see what will be the response.

I have given my name, category, case number, client , phone number and received date.
I wil wait and see what will be the respnse.
i hope they will give me some info

got fed up......................

finally we know our fates. Waiting 45 day letter.....
I have already got my 45 day letter for my caes in Dollas. Right now I wait to get my 45 day letters form phily for my case in Atlanta.

logic is behind the case number...
GC friend case number is 04404xxx

GC_ven case number is 044055xx

I believe this made the difference eventhough GC_ven dates are ahead. This is sad ending ...... :eek: :(

allaboutgc said:
GC_Ven,

Your case is not reasonable.
June 30 case approved and June 13 case sent to Philly?????
What is the logic?

Just My opinion

I dont know what stupid logic has been applied. :rolleyes: I am just sick of the whole process/system :mad: . After waiting for 22 months I come to know that I may have to wait for another 24 - 30 months before I can get my labour approved and then again 12-24 months for the green card :eek: (which is 4-5 years of my career and the attorney says its better if we stick to the same position I am in now). I think its time that some one takes some action in the congress to correct this messed up processing/system. :eek:

Kasid was right :cool: may be we all(atleast me) got to go back to home land and settle down with all the loved ones :) , with equally paid and equally comfortable lives.

Some_GreenCard said:
logic is behind the case number...
GC friend case number is 04404xxx

GC_ven case number is 044055xx

I believe this made the difference eventhough GC_ven dates are ahead. This is sad ending ...... :eek: :(

Hey Guys,

Had a question that some of you may have looked into. If we switch employers, and try to refile under PERM / EB2, any idea how long it typically takes to do the formalities and file under PERM (if the employer is immediately willing to proceed).

Asking since one has to file LC before 365 days of H1 expiry to be able to get 7th year extension. Trying to explore the options

- Dru

I got stupid Answer???????

I got respnse to my email i sent yesterday for both email ids which i have listed above.
"At this time, we are unable to provide any status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. Please contact your employer or attorney for further information."

What the hell our employer and attorney will do? if i ask my attorney he always say that we did not receive any approvals from 7-8 months still waiting and my employer just ohhhhhhhh forget it..........

So finally my decision is "Lets goooooo back to our motherland, all the doors are opened for us(career, jobs, friends, families, opportunities)I tried to apply for a job, I got 25 responses and good salary offers which iam not making here and probably i will never make in my future also even i make i will never be able to save anything over here because i have baby and my wife is studying, this guys have taken all my hard earned money, our motherland will welcome us with love and affection, if we delay i think they might think a second thought to welcome us back because our juniors are growing and building their careers better than us. Even our parents might kick our butttts by asking why did u waste 4-5 years in usa and what did u make so far...."

Sorry guys to bother you all, its a real fact u know every one are facing over here, its really pain over here. Frankly speaking for all this 5 years of my service in usa i have not saved anything, its really hard to go back to our country with empty hands, but we should go otherwise we will go nuts.....
probably if we wont take any decision now, it will be tough in near future to go back also, because our country has sooooooooooooooooooo much improved itseems one of my friend told me "hey man lets go back, when our firends making 10-20 lakhs per annum over there with 90% saving, we are making 7-8 lakhs saving and in that we are paying 2 lakhs for baby food and products and remaing for this guys taxes and interest, school feez etc.. and finally no saving by the end of year...........

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh iam going mad guys

This is all true life story of mine and so many others...............

The following is the information I got from our lawyers.

PERM Recruitment

1.Place Sunday ad in the newspaper of general circulation

2.place job order with the SWA for a period of 30 days.

3. Run Second Sunday newspaper ad OR if position requires an advanced degree plus experience(e.g, master's plus one) ad may place ad in an appropriate professional journal.

4. Three additional recruitment steps(for the occupation, not specific vacancy!) Two steps must have occured more than 30 days prior to filing. All steps occured within past 180 days
JobFairs
Employers Website
Job Search Website
On-Campus recruiting
Trade or professional organization
Private employment firm
Employee referral program
Local and ethinic news papers
Campus placement office
Radio and television ads

dru said:
Hey Guys,

Had a question that some of you may have looked into. If we switch employers, and try to refile under PERM / EB2, any idea how long it typically takes to do the formalities and file under PERM (if the employer is immediately willing to proceed).

Asking since one has to file LC before 365 days of H1 expiry to be able to get 7th year extension. Trying to explore the options

- Dru

Dru

I just had a meeting with my lawyers...finally !!!

i asked all the possible questions I could and I know you had some questions.....FIRE AWAY...lets see if i know the answer.

kasid

kasid,
i was in your shoes last year...i too had gotten frustrated with the hwole process that i gave up completely. there were days when i actually waited for my lawyers email to come thru......
i quit doing that and made plans, in worst case scenario, to go back to bombay. i also started to pursue an MBA and that kept me busy and i forgot about the whole green card thing and then all of a sudden i got a call 2 weeks back that my LC was approved. so hang in there and hopefully you'll see the light at the end of the tunnel.
my lawyer is filing for 140 with CP next week and i am all set.
good luck to you...

kasid said:
I got respnse to my email i sent yesterday for both email ids which i have listed above.
"At this time, we are unable to provide any status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. Please contact your employer or attorney for further information."

What the hell our employer and attorney will do? if i ask my attorney he always say that we did not receive any approvals from 7-8 months still waiting and my employer just ohhhhhhhh forget it..........

So finally my decision is "Lets goooooo back to our motherland, all the doors are opened for us(career, jobs, friends, families, opportunities)I tried to apply for a job, I got 25 responses and good salary offers which iam not making here and probably i will never make in my future also even i make i will never be able to save anything over here because i have baby and my wife is studying, this guys have taken all my hard earned money, our motherland will welcome us with love and affection, if we delay i think they might think a second thought to welcome us back because our juniors are growing and building their careers better than us. Even our parents might kick our butttts by asking why did u waste 4-5 years in usa and what did u make so far...."

Sorry guys to bother you all, its a real fact u know every one are facing over here, its really pain over here. Frankly speaking for all this 5 years of my service in usa i have not saved anything, its really hard to go back to our country with empty hands, but we should go otherwise we will go nuts.....
probably if we wont take any decision now, it will be tough in near future to go back also, because our country has sooooooooooooooooooo much improved itseems one of my friend told me "hey man lets go back, when our firends making 10-20 lakhs per annum over there with 90% saving, we are making 7-8 lakhs saving and in that we are paying 2 lakhs for baby food and products and remaing for this guys taxes and interest, school feez etc.. and finally no saving by the end of year...........

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh iam going mad guys

This is all true life story of mine and so many others...............

Thank you!

Thank you so much Nishokie,Yes thats what iam going to do now, I will just forget about greencard and continue to work.
I have one more question, I am also trying my last option which is a good option i believe,My wife is going to complete her MS in couple of months, iam planning to get her H1 visa(one of my friend employer agreed), she will be under EB2, Shall i file GC through her visa under PERM or just regular, because iam under EB3 i know its going to take ever.
Can you guys suggest a solution, She is almost in completion(final semester) can i file her H1 under new quota(for masters from March)
and after that shall i ask the employer to file her GC immediately on RIR or just wait for PERM.

suggestions will help ..................just trying other options...........we will see

i think PERM is the way to go.....specially with the short processing dates that DOL is touting....also it would be advantageous to file for your GC thru your wife as well....

but here's the thing...after i spoke to my lawyers today, she said that with time, retrogression will hit EB2 category(assuming you're from india, china or pillip) as well and its going to get a little worse so i dont know how much you'll benefit becoz of your wife's filng.

my lawyer expects the PD date movement again in the summer....she thinks Eb2 will get affected but by the end of the year there will be some unused visas from other country quotas that will be available for distribution to other countries....so we all may see relief around the end of the year and the PD dates will move to sometime in 2003.

for this reason...my lawyer has suggested filing for consular processing as opposed to I-485.

good luck to you.

kasid said:
Thank you so much Nishokie,Yes thats what iam going to do now, I will just forget about greencard and continue to work.
I have one more question, I am also trying my last option which is a good option i believe,My wife is going to complete her MS in couple of months, iam planning to get her H1 visa(one of my friend employer agreed), she will be under EB2, Shall i file GC through her visa under PERM or just regular, because iam under EB3 i know its going to take ever.
Can you guys suggest a solution, She is almost in completion(final semester) can i file her H1 under new quota(for masters from March)
and after that shall i ask the employer to file her GC immediately on RIR or just wait for PERM.

suggestions will help ..................just trying other options...........we will see

Hi Nishokie,
Awesome, my main question was:

"do you know if the reverse is true, i.e. if you opt for AOS and then change your mind after you get your 140 approved that you want to go for 485, is that possible?"

This is really good info, if you remember any other relevant detail from your conversation with the lawyer, do post it.

Congrats and good luck! :)
- Dru

nishokie said:
I just had a meeting with my lawyers...finally !!!

i asked all the possible questions I could and I know you had some questions.....FIRE AWAY...lets see if i know the answer.

Thanks GC_Ven,
So sounds like minimum 30 days, max 180 days of recruitment efforts to be shown on PERM application.

Sounds like, you need min 2-6 months time with the employer before actual PERM can be filed. That too, hoping that the employer agrees to file immediately!
- Dru

GC_Ven said:
The following is the information I got from our lawyers.
PERM Recruitment

I emailed on the address for philly and this is what i got in return

Please refer to your Email requesting status of your case.

At this time, we are unable to provide any telephone status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. All Philadelphia Processing Center files are being transferred to a new system. Once the data entry process is completed, 45-day letters will be issued on all applications providing a new case ID # as well as requesting additional information from the employer.

Please do not request any additional status information for at least 90 days after responding to the 45-day letter.

To obtain general information regarding processing times, please visit the following internet website:

www.workforcesecurity.doleta.gov

To obtain general information regarding PERM System, please visit the following internet website:

www.perm.dflc@dol.gov

Hey Guys,
Update ... I mustered up the guts and called that phone number at ATL DOL and spoke to the lady. She said, ALL pending LC applications have been sent to the Backlog Center - Atlanta DOL no longer has any pending LCs with them.
- Dru