Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker

Updated list

Back from vacation! How is everybody!
Updated the list
Got certified within 3 days of sending the NOF response! :D

Welcome back Sanan, That is a good news that they certified the case in three days, I am sending mine back on 10th (After 10 days of Job Posting), did you or your lawyer receive the LC hard copy also, please keep posted when you receive it.

Congratulations :)
Sanan said:
Back from vacation! How is everybody!
Updated the list
Got certified within 3 days of sending the NOF response! :D

Good Luck

Thanks Saurabh!.
Yes they did receive the hard copy.
Good luck to you.

saurabh_tulika said:
Welcome back Sanan, That is a good news that they certified the case in three days, I am sending mine back on 10th (After 10 days of Job Posting), did you or your lawyer receive the LC hard copy also, please keep posted when you receive it.

Congratulations :)

Some info on Priority Dates

Congratulations Sanan and best of luck Saurabh for your NOF response.

Found some info on "Priority Dates" which may be of use to people who wont be able to file their I-485s before the dates retrogress (expected in jan 2005). The link is http://www.murthy.com/news/UDpdhdtw.html

Guess there is relief for people who have been waiting for the DOL approval for a long time. :)

How did U figure there is relief for ppl who have been waiting for a long time. All that the article articualted was what prority dates are how they work.
Please explain
thanks
frog

eefrog said:
How did U figure there is relief for ppl who have been waiting for a long time. All that the article articualted was what prority dates are how they work.
Please explain
thanks
frog

Priority date is the date a person has applied to the SESA and not to DOL / for I-140 etc.

Some of the people who have been getting their LC approvals lately must have applied for LC in 2002 at the respective SESAs. Some of the people who will get their LC approvals by just after Dec 31, 2004 would also have priority dates around the same time.

While an I-140 can be filed immediately after the LC approval, I-485 can only be applied if the dates are current or the persons Priority date is before the cut off date.

Compare this with people from other DOLs who are getting their approvals in 3-6 months or are almost current. If the dates retrogress - people from ATL DOL would be at an advantage for filing for I-1485 (even concurrent filing of I-140 and I-485) and therefore getting EADs and APs. People from other areas would have to wait. The cases approved at ATL DOL (or ATL NPC or BECs :confused: ) after Jan 2005 (if dates retrogress) would enjoy an earlier priority date as compared to people from other areas.

Add the concurrent benefits of an I-1485 pending to those - u can shift jobs if ur I-485 has been pending for a period of more than 180 days etc.

If the dates dont retrogress that is good news in itself :D

Last edited by a moderator:
A few questions then for all of you to comment on

- Any idea what the cut off date would be set to?
- Would it be for everyone (all the countries)?
- From prior experiences, does anyone know how fast do these dates move forward in the employment category?

thanks,
frog

See inline
eefrog said:

--- Nobody knows as of now, wait for 9 more days as the DOS site will be updated on 15th- Would it be for everyone (all the countries)?
--- People from India and mainland China probably would be worst hit (Specially EB-3)
- From prior experiences, does anyone know how fast do these dates move forward in the employment category?
---I need answer for this too, Please provide if someone knows

thanks,
frog

eefrog said:

Expected to be Early to Mid 2002.

- Would it be for everyone (all the countries)?

As others have said, the countries most likely to be effected are India, China, Phillipines and Mexico. Apart from the overall quota for GCs in a year, every country has fixed and equal quota limit, inspite of the population of the country and the no. of applications from the respective citizens. Unutilized quota of another country is not merged into available pool. :(

The movement of dates for visa numbers of course depends on the number of people pending for I-485 and GC and their LC clearances. Given the high numbers of LC applications during 2001 and 2002, the movement may be very slow initially. Some of the SESAs are processing 2001 applications (Connecticut is doing 2000 cases) and these may adversely impact the cut off date as and when the LC applications are approved. Sorry for the bad news but that is how it looks.

thanks,
frog

BTW, eefrog can you update the status list with your application details !!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
NewBie. Need Advice .

Filed from Florida on 12/20/2003, my state got cleared on 4/27/2004. When can I expect Regional(Atlanta) clearance of this case.

There is an employer who is willing to give me pre-approved labor. This one was approved Jan 2003 from DE state. He said it fits my skillset. Since 140/485 dates for Texas are very late compared to Vermont, I am struggling to decide.

Any help appreciated.

This new employer is a small-sized company. Should that matter for 140 approval

See inline...
rvepra said:
Filed from Florida on 12/20/2003, my state got cleared on 4/27/2004. When can I expect Regional(Atlanta) clearance of this case.

Currently processing May/June 2003 cases, you can estimate if its moves on montly basis

There is an employer who is willing to give me pre-approved labor. This one was approved Jan 2003 from DE state. He said it fits my skillset. Since 140/485 dates for Texas are very late compared to Vermont, I am struggling to decide.

Any help appreciated.

Make sure they have any I140/485 approval sucessfully recently. Verify their finiancial ability to pay you etc.

Following discussion might help someone in here as well.

joegr9 said:
Hi TampaBelle,
I read ur wonderful description abt the priority date in the forum. I have a personal question. My case was filed in Florida as Regular LC on August 22nd 2003, so I understand that my priority date is Aug 22' 2003. And it was sent to Atlanta on Nov 8th 2004. Based upon what we are hearing these days about back log reduction center, do u think my case will be sent to one of those, if yes then what are the consequences or if not, then what are the consequences. I know it is an ellaborate question, but I would really appreciate a reply.

Thanks,
-RC

TampaBelle said:
Hi Joegr9

I am almost in the same boat as you. Applied to SESA in May 2002 (can u believe that :mad: ) Regular and sent to ATL in Sep 2004 :mad: :mad: . Not sure what is the likelyhood of cases being transferred to NPC / BECs.

My reading of the situation is that the cases from ATL DOL are not likely to move to BECs at Dallas or Philly. These centres are likely to handle the applications at SESAs which are heavily backlogged. Since you have already cleared that stage. U may not be effected by it.

Regarding the setting up of National processing Centres at Chicago and Atlanta, I am not totally sure about their work but they may handle the now called Federal / regional DOL cases. a few of the regional DOLs like New York etc would assist them initially and maybe later on be merged with the NPCs.

Will your (and my) case go to NPC or remain at DOL ?? That is a million dollar question.

Wouldnt mind if you post this on the regular board for brain picking of others. :D

rvepra said:

You can probably expect your case to be decided in about 9-10 months, if everything goes as per the current schedules. However there are a lot of uncertainities with some major changes in the offing in the way applications are processed (with the setting up of BECs, NPCs , passing of PERM regulation etc.)

USCIS Texas Centre is processing Jan 7, 2004 I-140 cases and July 11, 2002 I-485 cases as on December 6. USCIS Vermont Centre is processing Sep 29, 2004 (EB3) and Dec 8, 2003 (EB2) I-140 cases and June 19, 2003 I-485 cases.

So my reading is that a case filed now would be processed earlier at Vermont than at Texas, again if there are no changes in the procedures.

However be sure that the "small company" is good enough to last long enough to complete the process for GC for you and not have any financial / other problems. I believe the authorities have some criteria about how small company can be in terms of no. of employees / financial strength etc. Best would be to consult ur existing attorney and seek their advice on the issue.

And last but not least, verify that they have an LC approval in place and are willing to sponsor you.

Any help appreciated.

My case was sent from FL to ATL Regional office on April 21st (dont know how long it takes for them to receive it in the mail). I have not received a Case Number yet, and when I call AVM with the Employer Phone Num, it doesnt list my Case. Has anyone who filed around or after this date gotten their case Numbers from the DOL yet?

Thanks,
Kris