Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker

Guys,

Do you understand this whole BEC deal? So if our cases are not processed by Atlanta before end of 2004 they will be sent to these centers and then we would have to wait another 2 years in the queue?

That really screws us; AS USUAL!!!

jifjef said:
Guys,

Do you understand this whole BEC deal? So if our cases are not processed by Atlanta before end of 2004 they will be sent to these centers and then we would have to wait another 2 years in the queue?

That really screws us; AS USUAL!!!
I asked my lawyer about the BEC/NPC stuff and here's his response:
"This is all part of the transition to PERM. The cases at the Federal level will eventually be transferred to two offices. I can tell you that the cases from Florida/Atlanta will be among the last to go anywhere because we are not in a Region that is considered to be backlogged. We were told that by a DOL representative at a conference I attended last Friday."

Comments in blue. Thank you.

chimi said:
"This is all part of the transition to PERM. The cases at the Federal level will eventually be transferred to two offices. I can tell you that the cases from

You mean two BEC offices?

Florida/Atlanta will be among the last to go anywhere because we are not in a Region that is considered to be backlogged. We were told that by a DOL

So our cases stay in the ATL regional office till they are get called to be sent to BEC? Will ATL regional office still be functioning when NPC is set up? Or will our cases go to NPC? Can you ask your attorney about that? My attorney wouldn't give a darn straight answer to my question.

representative at a conference I attended last Friday."

lavendersummer said:
Comments in blue. Thank you.
lavendersummer, I have forwarded your questions and a couple more to my lawyer - will post it as soon as I hear from him..

If Perm will not start, ATL DOL will server as BRC and might only work on cases in ATL DOL.
so hope perm cannot be approved.
aslo, perm will be harder...

chimi said:
"This is all part of the transition to PERM. The cases at the Federal level will eventually be transferred to two offices. I can tell you that the cases from Florida/Atlanta will be among the last to go anywhere because we are not in a Region that is considered to be backlogged. We were told that by a DOL representative at a conference I attended last Friday."

Here's the reply from my lawyer:

"The indications are that Atlanta’s cases will be among the last sent away because we are not experiencing the most severe backlogs. So yes, the answer is that Atlanta will continue processing applications. Until when? We do not know."

this means our cases will be handled at ATL DOL.
just move from old building to new building.
hope no big changes
no perm

chimi said:

"The indications are that Atlanta’s cases will be among the last sent away because we are not experiencing the most severe backlogs. So yes, the answer is that Atlanta will continue processing applications. Until when? We do not know."

Chimi thanks for updating everyone.

But it seemed like they were not going to do this by stages. The end of 2004 was the cutoff. All cases remaining after that date would be forwarded for sure from the SWAs, I was wondering about the regional offices.

But I guess I'll believe what your attorney said. My attorney did not have a clue.

have u read the message several days ago, that ATL DOL will server as a BRC if PERM is not approved?

jifjef said:
Chimi thanks for updating everyone.

But it seemed like they were not going to do this by stages. The end of 2004 was the cutoff. All cases remaining after that date would be forwarded for sure from the SWAs, I was wondering about the regional offices.

But I guess I'll believe what your attorney said. My attorney did not have a clue.

Like it always has been.............

We don't know
They don't know
Nobody knows....
Just wait and pray.....

I agree to bucgator, if the perm is not implemented then the ATL DOL will work as a BRC but clearing the backlog of ATL region. also atlanta region is considered to be third in the backlogs

Dallas is on Jan 2003
SFO is on Mar 2003
Atl is on Apr 2003

So one thing is for sure that we are not in that deep shXX as some other Regions and lets prey as Chimi says

bucgator said:
If Perm will not start, ATL DOL will server as BRC and might only work on cases in ATL DOL.
so hope perm cannot be approved.
aslo, perm will be harder...

It was said/guessed that if Bush lost the election, he would sign some documents, including perm, before he left the white house. That is why everyone is waiting till the end of this year.

But he wins now, maybe he will ask DOL to re-review PERM

saurabh_tulika said:
I agree to bucgator, if the perm is not implemented then the ATL DOL will work as a BRC but clearing the backlog of ATL region. also atlanta region is considered to be third in the backlogs

Dallas is on Jan 2003
SFO is on Mar 2003
Atl is on Apr 2003

So one thing is for sure that we are not in that deep shXX as some other Regions and lets prey as Chimi says

Does any one have an information if any cases were approved in 2004 :confused: for DOT Code 030.167-014(Systems Analyst). :rolleyes:

I have tried to query for TN, GA, NC & FL and found No cases that were approved in 2004. :mad:

Thanks in advance for any information. :)

When I browse thru the posting I come accross a lot of abbrevations which are big bouncers for me. :eek:

Could some one tell me what PERM, BEC, BRC/NPC & SWA's stand for :confused:

Thanks once again :)

Question for recently certified people..

Tim_h , ttoker , bOmbay,
can you guys post information on when you got your labor certificate after hearing the AVM update ? i.e. how long it took your lawyer to get the physical certificate after the AVM "certified" message..
txs

i dont think bush is completely anti-immigration....at least he has a plan to reduce immigration processing times to 6 months by 2006. i highly doubt if that will happen but still....

bucgator said:
It was said/guessed that if Bush lost the election, he would sign some documents, including perm, before he left the white house. That is why everyone is waiting till the end of this year.

But he wins now, maybe he will ask DOL to re-review PERM

To me it looks like it would happen, the reason I say this is because I was looking at the 140 forum and saw there tracking spreadsheet, people are getting 140/485 approved in less than a year now (for Concurrent filing), it is definetely an achievement . I also have a freind here, he sent his 140/485 in september 2003 and yesterday he got his approval. There is light at the end of the tunnel guys.
nishokie said:
i dont think bush is completely anti-immigration....at least he has a plan to reduce immigration processing times to 6 months by 2006. i highly doubt if that will happen but still....

thanks for updaing us.
Cheer up. At least you've got a better lawyer than me.

chimi said: