Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Labor and Layoffs

I have a question regarding Labor and Layoffs.
Basically, can some one address the following and let us know if it will apply to a labor applicant?

1. Applicant Labor is RIR category. After layoffs, will this be rejected or requested by the DOL to moved to Non-RIR queue?

2. Will there be additional delay in processing and approving the Labor in RIR
after the company announces layoffs?

3. Will there be NOF or other notices regarding the layoffs during the labor process?

4. Bottom line - Is it even worth to hangaround in the company, survive layoffs and expect will the labor will ever get approved???

Any tips, advice or suggestions or experience, please share and help us

Thanks

Hi BornFree,

Is layoff happend in your company and particularly on your Title that you had applied for labor. If layoff happend similar to your title , then there is problem either in Labor approval or chances you might get query in I 140 if you pass through labor. Any other insights.

Some_greencard

unpredictable processing

DOL has a priority list for the profession in demand. Profession like "Cook, Specialty, Foreign Food" or "Bookkeeper" is higher in list and IT related ("Programmer Analyst") are last. So if your profession is higher in demand you are likely to get approval in 2-3 months after submission. All low priority professions are certified at DOL date (hopefully April 2003 this month).

lcwaiting said:
Now I believe that Atlanta dol is very unpredictable in processing lc.

Jaiatl said:
DOL has a priority list for the profession in demand. Profession like "Cook, Specialty, Foreign Food" or "Bookkeeper" is higher in list and IT related ("Programmer Analyst") are last. So if your profession is higher in demand you are likely to get approval in 2-3 months after submission. All low priority professions are certified at DOL date (hopefully April 2003 this month).
hi, Jaiatl,

Why are you so sure about priority? My friend with the same title as me got certified in 3 days last year, but I have been waiting for over 7 months. Some of the approved cases submitted in april 2004 have programmers. I am in a torture. I need EAD badly for my spouse.
Anybody know which thead is good to check EAD related stuff?

Hello, I am a new memeber in this forum and in the same boat as you all.
R_Ro (Atlanta): 22nd Oct. 2003
Case: 044099**
DOT Code: 007.061-014

AVM says same old message. Is there anybody in here with same DOT code as mine?
Yes/No. Certified/Waiting. Anything.
Does anybody has the phone number to talk to someone at Atlanta office to check on the status. I can have my HR department call them and check on the status.

Thanks in advance.

Call 404-562-2115, Find out if your case was assigned to anyone yet?
Please post here after your HR talks to DOL

LC Florida said:

Does anybody has the phone number to talk to someone at Atlanta office to check on the status. I can have my HR department call them and check on the status.

Thanks in advance.

LC_Florida

u can try either of the numbers
404-562-2131/ 404-562-2115

LC Florida said:

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am with you buddy. Some cases were certified in 2 weeks, 2 months etc.
I have been waiting for more than 16 months. (Regional Office - May 2003)

I hope somebody files a lawsuit against the Atlanta DOL.

lcwaiting said:
hi, Jaiatl,

Why are you so sure about priority? My friend with the same title as me got certified in 3 days last year, but I have been waiting for over 7 months. Some of the approved cases submitted in april 2004 have programmers. I am in a torture. I need EAD badly for my spouse.

Has anyone received NOF/Remand's issued last week and what are they for ?

I am trying to guess what these are for especially when issued in large numbers (21 of them in two weeks).

gcsucks said:
Wooo....ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I finally heard from attorney that my labor have been approved :) :) :)
congratulations, it is a nice feeling. but can u tell us when atlanta received ur labor from SWA? in this way we can have an idea which dates DOL is processing nowadays.

regards,

Hello to all of U.

If any of you have any Tax Question. You can post here. Our accounting firm has vast experience in dealing with Immigration related Tax Questions/Problems.

Even if you want to talk to us you can call me on my cell

We file All types of taxes for all 50 States

You can also ask question about New Corporation , Individual tax , Payroll , Pay stubs , Sales Tax , Partnership Tax, Corporation Tax

This is absolutely free service.

Tanveer Ahmad
Cell:718-974-2813

Hello to all of U.

If any of you have any Tax Question. You can post here. Our accounting firm has vast experience in dealing with Immigration related Tax Questions/Problems.

Even if you want to talk to us you can call me on my cell

We file All types of taxes for all 50 States

You can also ask question about New Corporation , Individual tax , Payroll , Pay stubs , Sales Tax , Partnership Tax, Corporation Tax

This is absolutely free service.

Tanveer Ahmad
Cell:718-974-2813

I heard there was some pilot project during mid August 03. All receipt (no 44063xx ....44064xx) during that time were approved in few days (less than a week) and rest are in queue.

lcwaiting said:
hi, Jaiatl,

I have no idea what my case # is. I tried calling DOL once but they said they could not locate my name in the case list for my company. There is no case for my company matching the date my file was transferred to DOL. I forgot about labor since then, but I got the news today that it has been certified.

Certified!!!

Hi Folks,

My Labor petition is certified as per the AVM. So, the first part of the long drawn process is over. The NOF was for salary reasons, my employer replied last week and the petition was certified 3 days from when the reply was received.

This group has been a great resource. Thank you all for the sharing information and making this group great! Hang in there....it will happen. Good luck.

Would any of you guys know the address of the I140, 485 forums?

Thanks
ATL03

That is not true Jaiatl. Other people with the same DOT code as mine, with the same job description as mine got approved in a matter of weeks. It is not about specialty jobs; I thought that a while ago but if you search for cases you can't tell that that has nothing to do with it. It is totally random and if I had to guess it is about connections and pressure. Some companies can lobby with the DOL some others cannot. It is completely unfair in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.