Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question regarding i-140 and i-485 filing

Hi

I am presently working with a different employer on my H1-B visa, however my GC application is being sponsored by my previous employer,i had a phone call with my previous employer today and something interesting came up in the conversation.

They mentioned that when i file my i-140 and i-485 , i should have atleast 6 months worth of pay stubs from the previous employer who is sponsoring my GC.since the officer at the time of interview might question that i was not with the employer atleast until the time of filing and that might create some problems.so i would like to know that is there anyone with such experience in the past.i am little bit confused about the timeline regarding when i should start working with my previous employer..my 6 years are coming up this september and my current employer has already started the process of extending my H1 for 7th year since my GC-Labor is delayed.

any thoughts are much appreciated

Backlog Reduction Centers

08/05/2004: Philadelphia/Dallas Backlog Reduction Centers Contractor Job Opportunities

The U.S. DOL reportedly awarded the contract to a private contractor in Lamham, Maryland, on June 30, 2004, named Exceed Corportion, to handle processing of the permanent labor certification applications at the Philadelphia and Dallas Backlog Reduction Processing Centers. The contract amount is $16,079,413.00. The Exceed Corporation is currently actively recruiting people to fill the positions including 60+ Analysts each to work at the Philadelphia and Dallas Centers. These jobs can open an opportunity for some of the current state labor certification staffs to get a job which they are familiar with.

From http://www.immigration-law.com/

Check if they are looking for H1B's so that we can have an INSIDER ;) ;) ;) ;)

oanacn said:
08/05/2004: Philadelphia/Dallas Backlog Reduction Centers Contractor Job Opportunities

The U.S. DOL reportedly awarded the contract to a private contractor in Lamham, Maryland, on June 30, 2004, named Exceed Corportion, to handle processing of the permanent labor certification applications at the Philadelphia and Dallas Backlog Reduction Processing Centers. The contract amount is $16,079,413.00. The Exceed Corporation is currently actively recruiting people to fill the positions including 60+ Analysts each to work at the Philadelphia and Dallas Centers. These jobs can open an opportunity for some of the current state labor certification staffs to get a job which they are familiar with.

From http://www.immigration-law.com/

labor approved!

I'm a silent watcher of thread. you've all been very helpful in this forum.

These are my husband's details. EB2, RIR, software engineer

north carolina sesa - nov 2001
atl reg. receipt - mar 10 2003
NOF on advt- may 11 2004
NOF replied - june 8 2004
labor certified - july 16 2004
labor certification receipt by employer- july 29 2004

We're currently working on getting all documents ready for concurrent I-140 and I-485 before his manager leaves on vacation, so that we can avoid more delays.

fyi, his employer is filing from vermont service center ( and not texas) since the HQ is in new york.

Thanks.

Thanks

Thanks a lot for all you guys for answering my questions about filing I-140, I-485 from differnt places. I guess I get my GC I will opt to be a layer ;)

Seannc,

Hardware Development engineer....dot code I don't know. As for your second part of the question, I would like to say prayers helped :)

If you are expecting an earthy explanation;There were two threads on this topic quite recently ( I can't remember the exact wording)

(1)ATL is processing latest NC approvals in NC SEAS since NC SEAS is current.

(2)ATL got their computer system fixed and processing the latest applications (2004) via computer. Applications received in 2003 was not in the "system" and has to wait for manual approval.

If I find the links, I will post it later. Keep your hopes up. I think ATL is moving at a faster pace than before.

Seannc said:
Hi Jaguar2004,

Can you pls let us know your dot code?
Also do you have any idea how your labor was applied in 2004 and approved so soon?
With some of your info we will get a better idea about what is going on with dol. Thanks.

Congrats and good luck!

Hi Jaguar2004,

Does it mean that if the case shows up in the AVM its in the system?
Can you please explain how we can know if its in the system or not?
Thanks in advance...

floridalc,

Sorry, I don't know. I am just restating what I read in this forum while ago. If I find the link I will post it.

floridalc said:
Hi Jaguar2004,

Does it mean that if the case shows up in the AVM its in the system?
Can you please explain how we can know if its in the system or not?
Thanks in advance...

Thanks Jaguar2004

This whole atlanta processing is very confusing and there is not a thing we can do about it. God only knows what is the method of their processing. But whatever method they are using is very very flawed.
Its so unfair to everyone who applied in 2003.

Jaguar2004 said:
Seannc,

Hardware Development engineer....dot code I don't know. As for your second part of the question, I would like to say prayers helped :)

If you are expecting an earthy explanation;There were two threads on this topic quite recently ( I can't remember the exact wording)

(1)ATL is processing latest NC approvals in NC SEAS since NC SEAS is current.

(2)ATL got their computer system fixed and processing the latest applications (2004) via computer. Applications received in 2003 was not in the "system" and has to wait for manual approval.

If I find the links, I will post it later. Keep your hopes up. I think ATL is moving at a faster pace than before.

congrats Rkg12345!!!

What happened? You were not even able to trace your case?

Pls let us know the details and also if u can, pls post your dot code and update the status list.

All's well that ends well !!

Good luck for gc.

Hi Jaguar2004,
when was your case forwarded from NC to the regional office? How long did it take the Atlanta office to send you a receive notice after the NC SESA told you that your case was forwarded?

Thanks so much. Good luck to you.

IN_LC said:
ALT DOL Office is currently working on cases recvd from state offices in the month of march 2004, so it will be while until they get to the cases sent in june and july. After that only you will get letter with your case number.

( as per ATL DOL Office)
Thank you very much.

lavendersummer,

Sorry;I don't have the details . But NC is current. So I guess mine was forwarded in Feb/march 2004 ( Applied in Feb). Once in ATL office you could check the status using Atlanta AVM. There are plenty of posts on this topic in this forum. ATL AVM number is (404)562-2131

lavendersummer said:
Hi Jaguar2004,
when was your case forwarded from NC to the regional office? How long did it take the Atlanta office to send you a receive notice after the NC SESA told you that your case was forwarded?

Thanks so much. Good luck to you.

Re: Backlog

Does anyone have clue as to how many total LC files ATL DOL have to work on for the year 2003?

Please post the link about ATL DOL is current on NC files and ATL DOL is working on faster Pace

Hello eveyone!

I checked out this thread from time to time and I have learned a lot from you guys! This is my first post here and I have a question to ask:

My husband filed his LC in May 2002 and his lawyer told him that his case was forwarded to Atlanta regional office in Apirl 2003. However, my husband just called AVM and couldn't find his case on federal or state system. His lawyer had told him that his case probably had not been put in the system yet and that's why they don't have the case number.

I see that everyone here got his/her case number without any problem by calling AVM. Could it be that my husband's case is lost somehow? Can someone shed some light on this?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.