Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
rajrw said:
Hi hyaqoob,
I was talking with my lawyer about this scenario and he said we cannot do that. Labor is tied with I-140. In my scenario, our company got closed in California, we had some approved labors in CA, and we got relocated to east coast. He told me that he cannor reuse the labor. Can you please show me any document stating that i can apply for I-140 at some other location.
Regards,
Raj

Rajrw,

Labour certification process is a first step for green card because US Labour department wants to make sure that there is no US Citizen or PR available in locality where you work who has your equivalent qualification and who can perform the same job as yours. Only based in this condition you file PR petition with INS. If you leave that locality, technicaly the certification becomes invalid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guys Help me

Since My lawyer (From very Big company) is not reachable I don't have any information about my Labour Application. Only a few things I knew.Filled @ Atlanta, on July 2003, in Non-RIR(Not sure).

How/where can I get full details about my case and to whom I need to call to know where application sitting? Please help me. I have just 6 months left in my 6 years, I need to take a drastic measure if its gonna be delayed/denied...

Please help me, Thanks -Muni

munidinesh said:
Since My lawyer (From very Big company) is not reachable I don't have any information about my Labour Application. Only a few things I knew.Filled @ Atlanta, on July 2003, in Non-RIR(Not sure).

How/where can I get full details about my case and to whom I need to call to know where application sitting? Please help me. I have just 6 months left in my 6 years, I need to take a drastic measure if its gonna be delayed/denied...

Please help me, Thanks -Muni

call this AVM 404-562-2131
follow the instruction, then go by your employer Phone # input, the 10 digit
phone # of your employer, if your's is the only case applied by your employer then you will get only one case #, dot #, date received by DOL, if there are multiple case applied by your employer, you can scan through all of them,
enjoy and good luck.

congrats

Congrats Z2 and Good luck for ur I-140&485
Can you add ur state and RFE details in the status list.

sorted list based on approval date

Is this ok with you guys.

Folks,

I checked the AVM this morning and there is a NOF issued on my application. My attorney is yet to receive the notice.

Hi ATL03........atleast you heard something. Dont worry, your case will be cleared shortly. Its just a matter of time.

ATL03 said:
Folks,

I checked the AVM this morning and there is a NOF issued on my application. My attorney is yet to receive the notice.

rajrw, noshs

I think you can apply I-140 and I-485 from a different service center than from where your labor was approved. The condition is that you are still working in same location where labor was approved and you have an office in a location that falls under a different service center. Let me know if this makes sense. You have to tell INS (USCIS) that you are still residing or working from the same location where your labor was approved.

hyaqoob,
that makes perfect sense. I remember my lawyer telling about it, he was agreeing before, since the work location is same. Now he is not agreeing since i moved to different area. He wasnt clear, and we were confused why he changed his stance.

we havent heard from sai1234 for long time.
Sai, is their any update on your side.

seannc, looks like u r the next to go. Good luck

Can you post any link or document that can support what you are saying ?
Normal theory is to file I140/485 on same service center

hyaqoob said:
I think you can apply I-140 and I-485 from a different service center than from where your labor was approved. The condition is that you are still working in same location where labor was approved and you have an office in a location that falls under a different service center. Let me know if this makes sense. You have to tell INS (USCIS) that you are still residing or working from the same location where your labor was approved.

Seannc said:
Hi ATL03........atleast you heard something. Dont worry, your case will be cleared shortly. Its just a matter of time.

Thanks Seannc for the nice words of encouragement!!! It is the support of this group that I draw the strength from to endure this ordeal. Hope things happen fast.

Good luck to everyone in this forum.

Finding Regional Case # against SWA Case #

NEW TO THE FORUM:

My LC petition is now in ATL DOL. I have the GA SWA case # but donot have the corresponding ATL DOL case #. Where can I call to get the ATL DOL case #?

- The AVM lists many cases that were filed in the same timeframe by my employer.
- My lawyer doesnt know the case # himself and says that it will take time to retrieve it.
- FLC Data Center doesnt even list my case in the report.
- I called 404-562-2115 but they say that they cannot help me since it is as good as retrieving the status of the case. Nor were they able to redirect me elsewhere.

Please suggest where I should look up/call to find the Case #. Thanks for your responses.

Some_Greencard

I don't have any documentation that proves this and i can bet you won't find any documentation that states that you can do this. This is one of those things that the firms or the law firms have found a loophole in the system through which they can do these things. The reason I am so sure about this is because my previous employer did this with my application. My labor was approved from Atlanta, GA and my I-140 was filed and approved from Vermont Service Center since our HQ was in NY.

If you are in this kind of situation, you should tell your lawyer that this can be done and not request him/her to do this but in most cases, you don't have the leverage to talk to the company's lawyers like this :(

Hyaqoob
Very informative & thanks for sharing your own experience.

hyaqoob said:
I don't have any documentation that proves this and i can bet you won't find any documentation that states that you can do this. This is one of those things that the firms or the law firms have found a loophole in the system through which they can do these things. The reason I am so sure about this is because my previous employer did this with my application. My labor was approved from Atlanta, GA and my I-140 was filed and approved from Vermont Service Center since our HQ was in NY.

If you are in this kind of situation, you should tell your lawyer that this can be done and not request him/her to do this but in most cases, you don't have the leverage to talk to the company's lawyers like this :(

when did SESA approve the case and move it to GADOL?

If it is new it may take sometime to enter.

rkg12345 said:
NEW TO THE FORUM:

My LC petition is now in ATL DOL. I have the GA SWA case # but donot have the corresponding ATL DOL case #. Where can I call to get the ATL DOL case #?

- The AVM lists many cases that were filed in the same timeframe by my employer.
- My lawyer doesnt know the case # himself and says that it will take time to retrieve it.
- FLC Data Center doesnt even list my case in the report.
- I called 404-562-2115 but they say that they cannot help me since it is as good as retrieving the status of the case. Nor were they able to redirect me elsewhere.

Please suggest where I should look up/call to find the Case #. Thanks for your responses.

SESA approved it in July 2003. However, I cant track it anywhere. AVM gives so many case #s registered by my employer in July that it is impossible to guess my case. Can I not call somewhere to get the case # registered against the SESA case #?

rkg12345,

When was your Georgia SESA receipt day and when was it forwarded to Atlanta regional? My LC is still in Georgia SESA, anxiously waiting...

Status
Not open for further replies.