Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

The remand was received on May 8th by my attorney and they said it is related to Ads.My wife's employer sent all the ads that were published( like notice board etc) and attorney reviewed the information and sent back.
The atlanta regional received on 28th of may ( as per AVM) and it got certified on June 10th.

NO more information for the exact details of ADs.

Thanks

I agree with Hotlanta and Sean,

something needs to be done. This abusive and causes losses. People are putting their lives on hold (byuing houses, visiting home, cars, moving) putting their carreers on hold (promotions, new jobs) not to mention the mental anguish.

While other are being processed in two weeks. (check the flc data center log)

Why are others given priority? Something needs to be done. A lawsuit is excessive but some sort of a letter or some sort of coordination (maybe to all call DOL on the same day or something) would maybe help.

Immigration.com has updated its website for processing time and it says ATL DOL is porcessing cases as of 03/2003

gc_sc said:
Immigration.com has updated its website for processing time and it says ATL DOL is porcessing cases as of 03/2003
But DOL site shows Feb 2003. Why is it so ? May be Khanna gets some inside information ?

letter to DOL

Hi guys

I wrote to Mr Khanna yesterday about the situation of irregular processing times. His response was to send a letter as the following attachment from all of us.
What do you all think?

I agree too and I am not against a lawsuit. This is about human rights; a right should be given humanely or not given at all, a green card in this case. They should either issue the green card in a timely manner or not give it all to anybody; it is against human rights to hold people's lives hostage for years and years and years.

jifjef said:
I agree with Hotlanta and Sean,

something needs to be done. This abusive and causes losses. People are putting their lives on hold (byuing houses, visiting home, cars, moving) putting their carreers on hold (promotions, new jobs) not to mention the mental anguish.

While other are being processed in two weeks. (check the flc data center log)

Why are others given priority? Something needs to be done. A lawsuit is excessive but some sort of a letter or some sort of coordination (maybe to all call DOL on the same day or something) would maybe help.

Lets start the movement..

It is really encouraging to see some support from you folks regarding this issue. Seannc, jifjef, ttoker - thanks for your time and comments. So, its 4 of us right now and i can assure you we will get another 100 supporters in no time. Now, someone has to take the lead in this matter. Seannc - looks like you are ahead of the game since you already got the letter from Mr.Khanna etc. Whenever you get a chance, can you please come up with a draft/proposal/petition to file this complaint? I am willing to extend any help you might need. Just ask! But i am in this 100%.. just let me know what you think is the best approach from here. Thanks man!

ttoker said:
I agree too and I am not against a lawsuit. This is about human rights; a right should be given humanely or not given at all, a green card in this case. They should either issue the green card in a timely manner or not give it all to anybody; it is against human rights to hold people's lives hostage for years and years and years.

actually we can send this particular letter to dol via immigration portal email Id. Meanwhile.........hotlantaGuy...can you make right changes in the document and repost it please.

HotlantaGuy said:
It is really encouraging to see some support from you folks regarding this issue. Seannc, jifjef, ttoker - thanks for your time and comments. So, its 4 of us right now and i can assure you we will get another 100 supporters in no time. Now, someone has to take the lead in this matter. Seannc - looks like you are ahead of the game since you already got the letter from Mr.Khanna etc. Whenever you get a chance, can you please come up with a draft/proposal/petition to file this complaint? I am willing to extend any help you might need. Just ask! But i am in this 100%.. just let me know what you think is the best approach from here. Thanks man!

Letter to DOL...

Alright.. so i have updated the DOL-petition with the main-issues i could come up with. This is just the first-draft and should serve as a good starting point i hope. Can someone with more articulate skills kindly contribute and make this a little more formal and nicer? We really need to wrap this up soon and send it across. If someone puts in just 10 mins of their idle-browsing-time into this.. a big impact can be made :) SO, please contribute some efforts. Seannc - what do u think abt this draft ?

Seannc said:
actually we can send this particular letter to dol via immigration portal email Id. Meanwhile.........hotlantaGuy...can you make right changes in the document and repost it please.

HotlantaGuy.........yeah, we do need to make this a little formal. I did make some changes. But I am not including 2 issues......one being NOF,RFE etc and other being the wage rate.

As our mail goal is to stress on irregularities in processing times I think we should mainly concertrate on that. My mentioning NOF, RFE etc we are questioning their competitiveness. I think that might work against us. So for now lets exclude those topics.

But yes we do have a right to know about the processing timing. So lets go for it.

But if you feel otherwise.....you can include that too.

I am leaving town and wont be back till saturday. Good luck!!

HotlantaGuy....can u take over pls. :) Just go thru all the changes once again and see if anything needs to be added

HotlantaGuy said:
Alright.. so i have updated the DOL-petition with the main-issues i could come up with. This is just the first-draft and should serve as a good starting point i hope. Can someone with more articulate skills kindly contribute and make this a little more formal and nicer? We really need to wrap this up soon and send it across. If someone puts in just 10 mins of their idle-browsing-time into this.. a big impact can be made :) SO, please contribute some efforts. Seannc - what do u think abt this draft ?

Two things I found not appear right to me in the petition letter:
1) We don't have 2002 filers waiting, do we? I think we're on Feb 03 and Mar 03.
2) AVM has been updated quite frequently in nowadays. In fact, I think it's updated daily if you follow up recent posts in this thread. FLCDataCenter is definitely not updated often, maybe once a year. So maybe we can leave it there.

Just my 2 cents.

yeah..you're right. So what do we do?
Can you make necessary changes and repost it?

wlj_wzz said:
Two things I found not appear right to me in the petition letter:
1) We don't have 2002 filers waiting, do we? I think we're on Feb 03 and Mar 03.
2) AVM has been updated quite frequently in nowadays. In fact, I think it's updated daily if you follow up recent posts in this thread. FLCDataCenter is definitely not updated often, maybe once a year. So maybe we can leave it there.

Just my 2 cents.

NCstate said:
Could you tell us What was related to ? I mean any specific query ?

Did your employer receive the mail immeidately ?

Thanks for your help !

NCstate, did you hear anything from your attorney or employer about ur case, i am waiting for my attorney's reply, I will let you know once I hear any news.

Giving a second thought, I think we'd better remove the FLCDatacenter part because that data center is maintained by US Department of Labor, not Atlanta DOL. Writing to this Mr. Goodman won't solve anything. As far as AVM is working, we should be fine. However, I recover the prevailing wages part. Making wrong RFE means a further delay not only to those RFE cases, but also to all the others. DOL has so limited workhands, we don't want any of them wasted on processing wrong RFEs. This is just my thought. I don't mind any modifications or suggestions. Actually that would be very welcomed since my English is kind of poor. :) Thanks.
Seannc said:
yeah..you're right. So what do we do?
Can you make necessary changes and repost it?

Hey all,
I revised the document with the latest updates and tried to soften/enhance the language a little bit.

Posting my latest version.

Thank you for your contributions.

wlj_wzz said:
Giving a second thought, I think we'd better remove the FLCDatacenter part because that data center is maintained by US Department of Labor, not Atlanta DOL. Writing to this Mr. Goodman won't solve anything. As far as AVM is working, we should be fine. However, I recover the prevailing wages part. Making wrong RFE means a further delay not only to those RFE cases, but also to all the others. DOL has so limited workhands, we don't want any of them wasted on processing wrong RFEs. This is just my thought. I don't mind any modifications or suggestions. Actually that would be very welcomed since my English is kind of poor. :) Thanks.

What about the excessive "Remands" issued?

Guys - what about the issue i raised about these frequent Remands we are seeing these days? TWO remands were sent back in my company in the last month alone - about ads mainly. If they want more ads or whatever - why not clearly ask for it upfront, in the procedures? Instead of issuing these remands and then certifying it after a month. One fellow-poster here (was it TAMIL_GC ?) said that he had learnt from reliable sources that .. there is/are certain officer(s) who .. as-a-rule issue remands/rfe-s/nof to a certain % of applications reaching their desk! Although that sounds like a bit of exaggeration .. but still.. i was wondering .. what so many remands?! Is that worth mentioning ?

Regarding prevailing wages - will be nice to give atleast 2 solid examples to prove our point. And maybe we can tone down the language in the letter to remove words like "unacceptable" .. etc.. and make it all sound polite? Thoughts ?

wlj_wzz said:

TToker - This latest version you posted looks MUCH better! Some quick feedback/thoughts -

1) for the delays section - should we also mention the fact that .. the ENTIRE LC process (state + regional) .. is taking 3+ yrs.. and that some guys have been waiting since 2001.. (whereas others have got their state + regional cleared in less than 4 months combined recently). I know that this Goodman fellow has got nothing to do with state delays.. but still.. will it make it sound more .. pitiful ? Maybe not ?

2) for irregular processing - i would say lets mention more specific details. Smthg like - for example, several mid-April-2004 cases were certified by early-May-2004! And also use smthg like - "and ensure that applications are processed in a rational and not random manner.. strictly on a first-come-first-serve basis as far as possible" ?

3) prevailing wages - i think there r a few grammatical errors here and i feel that the paragraph is dragging a lil longer than it should. We should rather give specific examples - with the DOT code and the extremely high salaries mentioned in the online wage library which DOL uses. And not say things like - "although the RFE can be eventually handled.. " .. just say that it causes unnecessary delays.

what do u guys think ?

ttoker said:
Hey all,
I revised the document with the latest updates and tried to soften/enhance the language a little bit.

Posting my latest version.

Thank you for your contributions.

AVM Message - is that correct?

Hi,
I am confused about the AVM Message. My case number XXXXXXXX received to Regional office on June 14th, 2003. It says, case is certified on march 13, 2004.

But till now, attorney or employer did not get the certified papers.

Is there a possibility that, the AVM is incorrect?

:confused:

Letter

Guys,

This my opinion you can take it or leave it.

This letter should only be about the irregular processing at Atlanta DOL. IF you make it about backlogs in general and about the long time it takes to process the whole application it won’t have an impact because in their minds THEY ARE doing something about it with PERM and Backlog Reduction centers. The only leg we have to stand is the fact that in Atlanta WE KNOW FOR A FACT that some folks are getting preferential treatment which means there might be some favoritism going on and that is something that needs and can be dealt with.

And why are we talking about the Philadelphia processing center and not Atlanta’s?

Status
Not open for further replies.