Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
approved

Hi Guys,

I wanted to share my details of my case..

RECEIVED DATE AT ATLANTA 10/21/02

DOT CODE : 030.162-014

APPROVED ON 08/18/03

My State clearance is obtained from South Carolina .

Best of luck to all..

Raj

Remanded To Employer

Hi Everybody,
I am an Occupational Therapist working in an underserved area where it is hard to find healthcare workers like me. My case was received by the DOL on 10/21/2002 & was remanded to employer on 07/19/03 .The basis for remand is probably insufficient advertisement. It is a RIR case. My company had 4 months of print ad in the local newspaper & 2-3 months of the internet ad .
Now DOL is asking for advertisement in the American Job Bank & Professional Journal for 21 days . Only thing we lack in the advertisement is that none of the advertisements were national.

I would like to know what is the exact requirement for the advertisement ,has everybody been doing the advertisement like they have required in my case or it is just my luck that my case has been handled by some bonehead analyst.
How many advertisements your company has done?
I just saw that there was one approval for RD of 10/21/02 same as mine & it belongs to IT. What I have seen so far they dont necessarily delays IT people,They just dont have any system,some times first come first serve rule does not make any sense either (like doing the cases of June 03 while Aug- Oct 02 are still pending)

I am frustrated I dont know when its gonna be over .

I would truly appreciate everybody's input about the number & media of advertisements

Thanks

Raj

Last edited by a moderator:
posting ads

As far as I know, one of my job advertisements was placed in a professional journal with national circulation. My job belongs to management category.

Raj,

Many thanks for co-operation and sharing wonderfull news with us. Please let us know how did your hear this news, I mean from ur attorney or through AVM. Does AVM also shows your case approved. If so we can assume that AVM is being updated.

Also let us know are you going for Concurrent/ non-concurrent/CP?

Will wait for ur response.

Thanx again and good luck for next step.

Hi Gurus,

How does the atl dol assign the case number. My case was received on May 8th 2003 and when I try giving the next case number of mine it says case was received on May 21st... Does it mean that there were no approvals from any of the state duing that large time????

This is how I checked... My case no is 1 --- Automated message says received on may 8th

Checked on case 2 ... says received on May 21st
checked on case 3 says a difft date...

DOn;t they assign the case number incrementally as and when they are submitted?? or do they group all of the IT together into ONE and give case nos... Iam confused

APPROVED -- AVM UPDATE

Hi Guys,

I found out this from AVM yesterday..It says my case was approved on 18th august.

But, one thing i am seeing most of time...just a wild guess...

If you see previous months say july ,june,may and so on...

We have seen approvals for first week and last week most of the times...which doesnt make sense...and after some gap we see
the approvals for the middle dates...

Now my guess is i think each month is split by various analysts and some work from the end and some from the beginning...

Mehna's is also 21 Oct and so is mine...now my gues seems to be
almost right by the way they are working and on the top of that
we have people whose dates are in between and waiting...

AM I MAKING SENSE??

what happened to those cases?Actually i was not expecting my
case to be approved till Oct end considering the way it is moving..but as you know well the way these guys work by now .. i got through...may be they will change their mode of approach to work sensibly soon. Atlanta is only state where
the RIR and NON-RIR cases has no meaning..whats the point in spending lots of time by giving adds and stuff ?

By the way mehna all i know is my lawyer gave the ad. in some
national IT magazine.

Best of luck to all

Raj

Hi Raj

Raj,
A quick question, are you talking about Federal or State

Because my file moved to regional in this month, I filed in May,I was wondering if they are even processing Federal for may, june, july, and august.
What i mean are they processing even federal like state.

Thank you,
kasid

My lawyer replied to my inquiry about ignorance of RIR cases. I got this reply:

"The DOL does consider RIR or Regular, but now the cases in their office are the same "age", although Regular cases have been pending at the State office for sometimes 2 years longer than RIR, they are the same "age" at Regional, because Regional has had them the same amount of time. "

I don't have much background about so called "2 years longer" for Regular. I can't figure out the why they should have "same age" now.

Does it mean that Atlanta reginal office works harder on Regular cases to bring them forward? This sounds ever more discouraging for me with RIR case. Since if this stays on, then we will see Regular cases get processed earlier then RIR in next two or three months.

Am I correct or wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
RE: Remanded to Employer

Hi
Does anybody have any opinions about my previous post ?

Following is my previous post :

Remanded To Employer
Hi Everybody,
I am an Occupational Therapist working in an underserved area where it is hard to find healthcare workers like me. My case was received by the DOL on 10/21/2002 & was remanded to employer on 07/19/03 .The basis for remand is probably insufficient advertisement. It is a RIR case. My company had 4 months of print ad in the local newspaper & 2-3 months of the internet ad .
Now DOL is asking for advertisement in the American Job Bank & Professional Journal for 21 days . Only thing we lack in the advertisement is that none of the advertisements were national.

I would like to know what is the exact requirement for the advertisement ,has everybody been doing the advertisement like they have required in my case or it is just my luck that my case has been handled by some bonehead analyst.
How many advertisements your company has done?
I just saw that there was one approval for RD of 10/21/02 same as mine & it belongs to IT. What I have seen so far they dont necessarily delays IT people,They just dont have any system,some times first come first serve rule does not make any sense either (like doing the cases of June 03 while Aug- Oct 02 are still pending)

I am frustrated I dont know when its gonna be over .

I would truly appreciate everybody's input about the number & media of advertisements

Thanks

Rmehna

Unable to track State Labor Application.

Hi folks!

Here is an *interesting* scenario, or should I say sad, since this actually is the state of my labor cert:

A collegue and I (from the same company) filed for FL state labor sometime in Mid January, 2003. We did not receive any receipts from the FL labor office or Atlanta DOL since then. So, we finally managed to get the company HR call FL state labor department to check on the case.

To our amazement, FL labor says they did not receive the applications. Lawyer says that they were certainly filed sometime in mid January, 2003.

After about a year since the start of the advertisement process, we realize we are in a "hilariously" sad situation. Sort of back to square 1. Not sure what to do next.

Has anyone else been through this situation? Any feed back will be helpful. Thanks.

FL sends an acknowledgement immediately

along with a case number and you can even track it on the web. Sorry to hear about your case ... but your attorney should 've known this and followed up immtly; when he didn't receive a acknowledgement immtly.

I don't know if it helps, but do you/attorney have any mail receipt etc. to prove that they actually sent it....

Unable to track labor.

Thanks, Pradk. I did not realize that FL sent an acknowledgement immediately.

I have been trying to get the mail receipts from my attorney. I am hoping I will have it by monday. Well... I dont know. I guess one has to get the correct attorney to get the job done.

kobra33611,
You can check your state LC status using the link below. You should have your employers ID and case no.

http://www.floridajobs.org/WPS_ALC/case_status.html

I am checking my status since April,03. My case was sent to ATL DOL recently.

Another thing is does anybody have some idea about ATL status for DOT code 003.xxxxx [Electrical Design Engineer]. I saw most of the people in this group are IT related, and I came up with the conclusion that IT cases approval are slow compared to other Engineering LC [though that is unfortunate].
If anyone of you are in ATL other then IT category please let us know the status and specify DOT code.

Thanks,
rim

rim

What is your PD...and when did your application move to ATL..?

We are waiting with PD Apr. 30.

Thanks,

How long does it takes to register into AVM system

After notified by my lawyer that my case is transferred to Regional office, how long doese it takes to register my case into AVM system, and be assigned a case number?

Any response will be appreciate.

Thanks a lot:)

THis will take anywhare from 2 days to 3 weeks. Mine was sent on May 6th and AVM got updated on may 8th , I have one of my friend whose case was transferred on the same date and his was shown on JUne 6th.... so... take a rough guess of 3 weeks max.

Status
Not open for further replies.