Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Akira,

How sure you are that TEXAS is giving EAD without approval
of I-140? I heard that they don't give EAD untill your I1-40 is approved in case of Concurrent filing.

To All fellows discussing matters regarding I-140, Please post
your queries in Texas I-140 Section..

Here in this thread we are more concerned about out Labor...

Thanks for understanding..

Mysterious_GC

I have not seen any case (in my friend circle), applying I-140 and I-485 concurrently, and receiving EAD prior to I-140 approval. But my attorney was suggesting me that once I get my labor approved, I should go for concurrent filing. The two advantages of the concurrent filing that she said, are:

1. You get EAD before even before I-140 is approved and
2. Your spouse can also start working if he/she wishes after receiving EAD.

I will check with my attorney once again. My Fed Labor is pending since Mar 2003. And I have been debating on this whether I should go for CP or not.

mhsoor

It been a while since anyone has got approvals. It would be nice to hear on what months case DOL is working on.

Please keep the website updated...

Thanks.

Any recent approvals from ATL DOL? Anybody has any idea, what date(s) ATL DOL is processing currently?

New Updates

Hello Friends,

May i know the current Federal DOL times.I dont know when this guys will update, is there any way to check current updates and dates of DOL.
Immigration.com will regularly will update on 16th but i dont know this time its not yet been updated.
For Oh we have a website for checking, for example
http://www.state.oh.us/scripts/odjfs/owd/flc/processtimes.asp

do we have any site for atlanta for regular checking

Thank you,
kasid

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.ows.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

This site gives the dates for processing labor certification applications for both regional offices and State Workforce Agencies (SWAs).

Note that for ATL region, the dates for RIR and Non-RIR is same i.e. September 2002. This means, it doesn't matter whether your case falls into RIR category or not, ATL DOL will process the case on FCFS (first come first serve) basis.

This is what is causing so much of delay. My case is RIR, but I have been waiting for about 2 years now on my LCA. It is really frustrating.

mhsoor

Hello All who constantly update this site:

Small request... If you have any update like approvals or denials let spost those.. becuase when we get a email of the Updates.. we are curious to know of whats happenning... but when we open up this page and see Phrases like "Frustrating.... Why are atlanta slow... etc... " gets even more frustrated....

I know everyone is frustrated at the way Atlanta is progressing... and is a known fact.... I think expressing this on the thread doens't suit the purpose...

Hope eveyone understand of where ima comming from....

Thanks

Yesterday, my attorney told me that she has received approval on an IT related case from ATL DOL on 08/15/03. The case was received by ATL DOL on 10/01/02.

It seems like ATL DOL is processing late Sept, early Oct '02 cases. But she hasn't received any official word from ATL DOL, whether they (ATL DOL) have started processing Oct '02 cases or not yet.

All those, whose case went to ATL DOL in Sept '02 (or earlier) and hasn't not been approved yet, please update this thread. This will help others, immensely.

Thnx.

My case (Aug 26, 2002) is still pending. I am wondering why August 2002 cases are waiting for decision while October 2002 cases are getting approved.

:(

pktyagi, make sure you have your case number.

pktyagi, it is strange that your labor cert is still not cleared.

If you still did not get your case number from your attorney, please insist that you know get it.
I have seen postings in the this or other forums about some applications getting lost in the Fedaral DOL.
There are cases when they get lost while getting trasmitted from state to fedaral DOL.

GC2ME,

I know everything , my case number, date when it was sent to Atlanta regional DOL, Date of Receipt in Atlanta regional DOL. The only thing my lawyer and I don't know is the date of decision. AVM says the same status as it has been telling since it was received in regional office. Lawyer had called Atlanta regional DOL some 3-4 weeks ago and was told that they are processing August last week and early September cases and my case file is about to get the hands touch. So file was not lost. Now it has been one month since then and still the same old story. Frustrating..

pktyagi:

Why don't you call them to find out yourselft? (404-562 2115) But when you call, you should say, this is from so and so company(your company), so pretend you are a human resource person, don't let them know you are the beneficiary.

Since they post they are processing sept cases, it is definitely ok to call them to see what happened to an august case.

Good luck and let us know the result.

PkTyagi,

I strongly suggest not to call up the DOL directly. They have the ways of monitoring calls (based on my friends experience) and do not please pretend that you are from HR. They have all the ways to track you down and its always against the law and it will definetely slow down your GC.

Ask ur attorney and let themhandle it... Becasue they have the log of each call made and if for some reason u are the one in 1000 being audited then you are in deep trouble.

Please take my advice.. if not...and would like to proceed the n its ur headache...

Sorry atlgc--- if I have hurt you....

Thankx

I don't think they are that much smart to track down whether you are from HR department or alien. If they are that much smart, Active and they have that much time for traking this activity, then wouldn't be hanging on Aug, Sep'02 cases.

I don't think they do any kind of enquiry on who called from which number and tracing down the caller. Thousands of people did that earlier and are doing now also.

saw one approval

I saw one approval from the link on a case filed with DOL on 10/21/2002, with DOT codes starting 030.... seems like IT job. Please don't ask me the link, it is posted many times in the previous threads. I bookmarked it.

pktyagi,

Be Optimistic, First catch your lawyer and if he/she is not able
to satisfy your query then there is no other option available..
So go ahead to find out yourself...call them and find out what's going on...as they are already processing Set-Oct cases...

You are not making any offence just by calling them as the case is quite old now..

All the best..

Status
Not open for further replies.