Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
nof details

Hey everyone

My lawyer just got the official notice of nof (for myself and 7 others).
I was right about my doubts. We had layoffs and the dol wants more info about the laid off workers.
Fortunately no one of my title was laid off at that time.
My lawyers say that they are prepared for this kind of stuff.
Lets see now what happens

Has anyone heard of this kind of nof? Pls let me know.

allaboutgc said:
seannc,

What's your NOF details?

Labour_Sucks,

I don't remember posting 'Dol is working on cases with 05/30/2003 priority date'. Please double check all my posting in the last 3/4 days. What ever i am posting is based on the AVM.

My strong assumtion is 'They are working based on the case numbers not priority date'. My understanding is case number's are issued a-head of priority date.

I know your position....Be cool. We both are in same boat. Soon its our turn.

Chags :)

Labor_Sucks said:
How did you know that DOL worked on cases of 05/30/2003 with DOT code 030.162-014. My DOL date is 05/16/2003 with same DOT code, but I still get the same stupid message, "Recieved in regional office ....................."

I found a couple of cases certified.

1) DOL: 04/14/2003 GA 030.162.014 Certified on Aug 25 2004
2) DOL: 04/25/2003 NC 030.162.014 Certified on Aug 13 2004( Actaully it is updated on Aug 25 2004 but in AVM it is saying, certified on Aug 13 2004)

Encouraging....

Last edited by a moderator:
Not getting 'Received' message

I have a receipt from the Alabama state dept telling that the case is been forwarded to ATL DOL on 04-23-2004.
However I have not heard a 'Received message' for when I am calling 404-562-2131 and checking against my employer's ph. no. It does tell abotu cases registered by my employer before Dec 2003.
Anybody know why ? Does that mean the ATL DOL did not receive the case at all or they just did not update the AVM ?

You are correct Labor_Sucks. Most of the cases which are from 04401750 to 04401999 were certified in May-Aug 2003. Out of which 65% on May 27th 2003.

All these cases, which were approved like this, have 05/12/2003 as DOL priority Date and from NC. Some of the 05/12/2003 as DOL priority date and from NC, which doesn't fall in the case range 04401750 to 04401999 are also certified.

That means the main criteria on working on these cases were
05/12/2003 as DOL priority date and from NC

I found randomly some other cases which were approved in sept 03 and there after, but those cases were very few. I didn't check whether they are from NC or not.

Initially, when i came to know this, I was totally disappointed. I myself decided not to talk about any of these unnecessary issues. We are really unluck Guys....

-Chags :)

Labor_Sucks said:
I have dowloaded the database from
http://www.flcdatacenter.com/casesearchperm.asp website. I see we are the unlucky guys. Around 57 of the applicants got approved within
2-3 months the cases were recieved by DOL.

I dont understand how the DOL functions. See my attachments.

Chags...
Recently my Attorney contacted the Atlanta DOL and asked about my case. Mine was forwarded to Atl DOL on 08/05/2003. Some of my companies Labor applied after me has been approved. The approved labor's priority date was nov'2003, oct'2003, Aug'21'2003. Then he asked how come this happened and he questioned that labor has to be approved on a first come first serve basis but he got a different reply from the DOL rep... The answer he got is...

"I spoke to the US Department of Labor with reference to the above case. The US DOL explained to me that they determined a cut off date to adjudicate the cases under the backlog reduction program. Hence you find the discrepancy in adjudicating cases that were received by them later and the earlier cases are still pending. "

And it seems they set a cutoff date as 08/21/2003 and i was unlucky there as my case reached Atl DOL on 08/05/2003.
I think that this ATL DOL doesnot have any proper rules to approve the Labor process, i think only God knows whats happening inside the DOL office. All i can do i wait and see...

Mvnm00,

DOL Guys might be correct. At the sametime, some of our company labours which were moved to DOL after August 2003 were not approved. I dont know how much truth in these explinations.

I am concentrating only on cases around May 2003. So I have no idea about the approvals after August 2003.

As i said in my last posting "I found randomly some cases which were approved in sept 03 and there after, but those cases were very few".

I pretty on you buddy, Just 16 days difference makes you to worry more than an year....

mvnm00 said:
Chags...
Recently my Attorney contacted the Atlanta DOL and asked about my case. Mine was forwarded to Atl DOL on 08/05/2003. Some of my companies Labor applied after me has been approved. The approved labor's priority date was nov'2003, oct'2003, Aug'21'2003. Then he asked how come this happened and he questioned that labor has to be approved on a first come first serve basis but he got a different reply from the DOL rep... The answer he got is...

"I spoke to the US Department of Labor with reference to the above case. The US DOL explained to me that they determined a cut off date to adjudicate the cases under the backlog reduction program. Hence you find the discrepancy in adjudicating cases that were received by them later and the earlier cases are still pending. "

And it seems they set a cutoff date as 08/21/2003 and i was unlucky there as my case reached Atl DOL on 08/05/2003.
I think that this ATL DOL doesnot have any proper rules to approve the Labor process, i think only God knows whats happening inside the DOL office. All i can do i wait and see...

Today no updates in AVM. I don't know whether they are working on any new cases. Does any one knows whether they are working on any other series of cases apart from 04401000 to 04402999.

They completed working on all the 030.162.014/030.060.010 dot code cases except 3cases in the range from 04401000 to 04401999. Off cource there are some NOF/NOE/RS etc queries. But it is definitly a good news.

I found three certified cases on August 25th 2004 in the range from 04401500 - 04401999. Actaully i couldn't able to get the status of these cases yesterday.

Still there are around '7' 030.162.014/030.060.010 dot code cases need to be worked in the range from 04402001 to 04402500.

I am not able to see any new certifications/NOF/NOE/RS ...

Chags :confused:

DOL Atlanta

As per the DOL database there are only 140 cases with DOT code 030.162.014 & case numbers ranging from 04402700 - 04406700.

I just wanted to know on an average how many cases would be approved in a month. Does anybody has an estimate???
Also i am just trying to understand the Case# like my case# starts like.. 04408xxx.. and i know my priority date was in August. so the number '8' in the corresponds to the month and 3 numbers suceeding after the '8' corresponds to the count for that month? for eg 04408100
08 = month , 100 = count for that month
Does anybody who filed in september has 9 instead of 8.
Let me know...

LaborUnknown said:
My Case "Remanded to emploer" on 25th August.

After waiting for 2 Yr. 7 Months, I heard something like this.

Will update you guys once I hear something from my Lawyer..

In the mean time I'm looking for some help from this forum, What could be the possible reasons for Remand, is is really serious or will I get approved or not ?

Particularly I'm seeking help from these guys, like what their Employer/Lawyer
did after they got remand ?

NC state
yoginm73

Hi LaborUnknown, nothing to worry about the " Remanded to employer" nowadays, I have got the same and my replied and approved in 10 days. In my case DOL was asking for how many guys were applied for the job and theire details. Be very cool I have gone through all of this, it is the only matter of days that's all!!!!!!!!!!

Will really appreciate your help guys

Thanks

Labour_Unknown,

Did your attorney received RE notice from DOL or any other information? How is he going to proceed?

LaborUnknown said:
My Case "Remanded to emploer" on 25th August.

After waiting for 2 Yr. 7 Months, I heard something like this.

Will update you guys once I hear something from my Lawyer..

In the mean time I'm looking for some help from this forum, What could be the possible reasons for Remand, is is really serious or will I get approved or not ?

Particularly I'm seeking help from these guys, like what their Employer/Lawyer
did after they got remand ?

NC state
yoginm73

Will really appreciate your help guys

Thanks

Reddy20,

Could you please share, How many days it took for you to receive RE, after you hear about 'Remind to Employer' in AVM.

For Chags and Reddy20

Chags,

My attorney has not yet received the Remand letter. I will update the forum as soon as I hear something from my lawyer/employer.

Reddy20,

Can you please share some information regarding your remand, like what was the reason. ? and how long it took for you to reach to employer ? and
What are the possibility of approval after my lawyer respond to remand. ?

Will really appreaciate your help.

Thanks

LaborUnknown said:
Chags,

My attorney has not yet received the Remand letter. I will update the forum as soon as I hear something from my lawyer/employer.

Reddy20,

Can you please share some information regarding your remand, like what was the reason. ? and how long it took for you to reach to employer ? and
What are the possibility of approval after my lawyer respond to remand. ?

Will really appreaciate your help.

Thanks

Hi Laborunknown, my employer received the remand letter within two weeks and my employer took exactly one month to reply, and it was cleared in 10 days after DOL received that.
And there is nothing to worry about this yours will be certified soon
3 cases from my company got remand and all were cleared on the same day.

Thanks a lot Reddy20 !!

I will really appreciate your prompt response..

My Lawyer has promised to move the case as fast as she can...But as it was remanded on 25th, So, My guess is that they might receive it somewhere Thursday-Friday next week..

Let's hope for the best..

Thanks again..

Guys,
It has been awfully quite for the past 2 days..any good news..any NOF's..certified. :confused: .Give us all good news..saying that DOL is working well this week..next week supposed to be long weekend..people might start to wrap up on friday early. :( .
Thanks,

Hi All..
I just wanted to know on an average how many cases would be approved in a month. Does anybody has an estimate???
Also i am just trying to understand the Case# like my case# starts like.. 04408xxx.. and i know my priority date was in August. so the number '8' in the corresponds to the month and 3 numbers suceeding after the '8' corresponds to the count for that month? for eg 04408100
08 = month , 100 = count for that month
Does anybody who filed in september has 9 instead of 8.
Let me know...

Status
Not open for further replies.