Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaguar2004 said:
Guys and Gals, thought some of my experience which may save you buck or two.... and importantly some time.

After I got my labor, I went to do medicals. One place asked 225.00 dollars and waiting period was 3 weeks minimum. The other place said that it starts from 225.00 to go upto 500.00. I ended up paying 450.00. All this for a 2 minitute check by the doctor, and 3 vaccination test to confirm I had vaccination and 2 blood test for STD & HIV. Also a chest X-tray. (most of South Asians would have a false positive on TB skin test if you had BCG vaccination at home. This would require a Chest X-ray) I would recommed you guys plan and get these things done, while waiting for Labor. Most of the exams for vaccination could be done at you family doctors along with X-ray. You could take these results to INS doctor. This will save you couple of hundered bucks and upto three weeks.

Also you could prepare for 1485. Birthcertificate some time takes 2 to 3 months to get. Once everything is ready, you could apply for I-140/485 as soon as you receive the approved labor certificate.

Hope this helps. I got to say that 450.00 was really a waste of my money for nothing.....but then again I had
no choice but to do it. ;)

Thank you very much Jaguar2004, for this important info in advance, is there a website about this.

physician update

Thanks Jaguar,
Are you sure if we can get it done through our general physician? If i am not wrong i have heard people telling me that only reports from certain Immigration physicians will be accepted.
thanks,

does any one have a link or list of designated doctors list where we can do testing for medicals by state ??

VI_GO:

Can i call & speak with someone at AVM? I have never done that and I always thought that they get offended by it. Do you think it would be a good idea to call & speak with someone over there?

vi_go said:
Bombay,
Did you check and confirm with DOL that they posted your DOL Receipt date wrongly on the AVM. This is their error and they should rectify it.

They will answer if you tell them you are calling on behalf of your company (HR) ..... Otherwise i dont see any issue in calling them...except delaying their work :)

BombaySeUS said:
VI_GO:

Can i call & speak with someone at AVM? I have never done that and I always thought that they get offended by it. Do you think it would be a good idea to call & speak with someone over there?

Some_GreenCard:

Thanks, My lawyer claims to have send across the confirmation he got from the state dept that my file is being sent to the regional office. However he says that he doesnt have my federal case number & that he has put my state case number as a reference in the letter he sent to Atlanta dol. Its messy as my case is being pushed from July 2003 to May 2004.

Some_GreenCard said:
They will answer if you tell them you are calling on behalf of your company (HR) ..... Otherwise i dont see any issue in calling them...except delaying their work :)

AVM Number please

What is the AVM number where I can check the status at Atlanta DOL ?
And what is the information they typically require ?

BombaySeUS said:
Some_GreenCard:

Thanks, My lawyer claims to have send across the confirmation he got from the state dept that my file is being sent to the regional office. However he says that he doesnt have my federal case number & that he has put my state case number as a reference in the letter he sent to Atlanta dol. Its messy as my case is being pushed from July 2003 to May 2004.

Hi BombayseUS,
Which SESA are you from ...did you check in http://www.flcdatacenter.com/casesearchperm.asp.
Try calling ATL DOL and try to find out what is going on...you may be lucky...sometimes they are very polite in explaining you.
Did you push your lawyer to get some information on this..

BombaySeUS said:
Some_GreenCard:

Any validity time for the medicals?

Hi Jaguar2004,
The key question here is: how long are these tests valid ... as in, is it a one time test/process, or does it have a validity period after which it expires (e.g. 2 months etc)? This would help us determine when/how much in advance is ok. Thanks for the advice, it will help us all.
- Dru

My Cake is baked,

Finally ..

Just now I heared the sweet words "Certified" on AVM. :)

Couldn't believe how efficient sometimes they look !! ;) My lawyer's office submitted reply to NOF on this tuesday i.e. 08/17 and AVM says certified on 08/18. Wish they show this efficiency for all the case .

btw, NOF on my case was to submit employer's recuitment report. Don't know paralegel missed to submit that initially or it was incomplete.

Preparing for the new advanture named 140/485.

Goodluck to all .. Adi .. :)

Some_greencard:

It is for one person. :( I guess if you have more then multiply it for max possible ( my guess). I read in one of this forums that it is upto 150.00; But I got a shock when I got the bill. So some advance planning may save you money and importantly time.

Swami_gc:
Yes. The report to INS should come from civil surgeon. But vaccination report, X-rays other supportive documents which you will submit to the civil surgeon could come from your family doctor.

Longwait_DOL:
You could check out the CDC web for details:
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/health.htm

Guys, good luck on your labor....Just hangin there. One positive development from 1-140 area is that some applicants applied after 2004 are getting both 1-140 and 485 approved together. May be the silver lining is that some of you may benifit from it.

Legal Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer; Just for info :p

Some_GreenCard said:
Jaguar2004,

The cost 450$ is for single person or for entire family.... :(

NOF issued

Hey everyone

Nof has been issued in my case. :( .Heard it on the AVM today.
I still dont know what dol is asking for but will know once my lawyer will get the notice.

But I kind of have an inkling that what NOF might be regarding. My company had layoffs after my labor was applied for in 2002.
Also NOF has been issued for all the cases that were applied by my company and all have the same reciept date !!!

Atl dol: april 3, 2003
NOF issued: august 18, 2004

Will post the details once I know everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
NOF Issued

NOF issued to my case
SESA:KY
ATL:June13, 2003
NOF issued on august 17 2004
no details available about NOF

status

Will appreciate if these guys please update the status after checking with AVM or from Lawyer.

atldolwait - Apr 08 2003
pvk044 - Apr 09 2003 GA, EB3, DOT code: 030.167-014
sunny_sm - Apr 14 2003

Mine is still pending..

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.