Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess what, I know one other person who filed from NC and his file went to DOL on March 2004, got certified.

It's really amazing how DOL atlanta sort LC files.

I just got a mail from my attorneys and he mentioned that he has received my approval notice from ATL DOL.
AVM said my case was certified on Aug 11 and I got a mail on Aug 17 from my attorney confirming the approval.
I am mighty impressed with the DOL.

BombaySeUS said:
I am new to this group & this happens to be my first posting.
Here goes....
My state Labor was cleared in July 2003 & my lawyer received a letter for the same from State. Based on that my federal priority date should have been somewhere between Aug-Oct 2003 ( My guess taking into account all the god forbidden delays) However I checked the AVM 3-4 weeks back & it said that my priority date is now March 2004 for Federal Processing. My lawyer immediately wrote a letter to the Atlanta DOL stating that there has been an error. But till now we have not heard back from them. My lawyer says that they may or may nor make a change. I dont understand this. How long do i wait? Is there a better way to approach this situation?

Will appreciate any guidance
BombaySeUS.
Bombay,
Did you check and confirm with DOL that they posted your DOL Receipt date wrongly on the AVM. This is their error and they should rectify it.

Hi gc_sc,
Could you please share some details on what your receipt date at Atlanta was and what sesa did your labor get forwarded to atlanta from.
thanks,
frog

My details should be in the status file that we all have been maintaining.
My receive date in ATL was 28th April 2003 and my SESA was South Carolina.

It Is Done!

Friends in the forum, I have been certified!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After a long 2 and 1/2 years...

Thanks to everyone because you have been a source of information, support and sympathy! At the very least, you have been a great help! Good luck to all and don't lose hope, your turn will come!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks, LaborUnknown!

GA SESA received 1/25/02
DOL received 3/24/03
NOF issued 6/28/04
sent reply 7/30/04
received reply 8/3/04
certified 8/17/04

LaborUnknown said:
Can you please post your details..

Thanks

Nof

NOF was about prevailing wages. Reply sent was to rectify defects. Hope this helps.

allaboutgc said:
gcnowpls,

can you please post the detail of the NOF? As it will help the rest of us. Thanks a lot.

Fyi

Guys and Gals, thought some of my experience which may save you buck or two.... and importantly some time.

After I got my labor, I went to do medicals. One place asked 225.00 dollars and waiting period was 3 weeks minimum. The other place said that it starts from 225.00 to go upto 500.00. I ended up paying 450.00. All this for a 2 minitute check by the doctor, and 3 vaccination test to confirm I had vaccination and 2 blood test for STD & HIV. Also a chest X-tray. (most of South Asians would have a false positive on TB skin test if you had BCG vaccination at home. This would require a Chest X-ray) I would recommed you guys plan and get these things done, while waiting for Labor. Most of the exams for vaccination could be done at you family doctors along with X-ray. You could take these results to INS doctor. This will save you couple of hundered bucks and upto three weeks.

Also you could prepare for 1485. Birthcertificate some time takes 2 to 3 months to get. Once everything is ready, you could apply for I-140/485 as soon as you receive the approved labor certificate.

Hope this helps. I got to say that 450.00 was really a waste of my money for nothing.....but then again I had
no choice but to do it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.