Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys,

Sorry about the confusion, my case was received in the regional office on Feb '03.

Last edited by a moderator:
RFE details...

Ok... My employer had placed only one ad. I think that was on a job website. Generally, I think they have to prove the Labor Department, that they tried for a local labor, but could not find one, and hence are importing from outside. To prove that they have to put an ad on a job website. I think its something americasjobbank.com. This is recognised by the Labor department. And then they have to accept resumes people submit through this ad, and conduct interviews. Then they have to prove in this Labor application why they did not select them and why I was better qualified and suitable for the job.

Now when I had applied for labor 2 years ago, the rule was only of one ad. Then eventually in this 2 years the rule got changed. And it now seems there is a new requirement for 2 ads. So hence the RFE. But the employer always have a workaround since they apply for labor for all the other employees frequently and they must have applied for some after me with similar qualifications and background. So they can use the ad they put on later to reply to this RFE. And thats what they or the lawyer will do.

And about the ad on the premises, I think it would be on a notice board outside the office, or maybe inside office. This would I guess would be to let the office employees know and they can reference some local people they know of. But I think it may be also the local newspaper ad should do.

- Yogin

Good News

It seems AVM is updated after June 8th and my case is certified on June 8th when I checked AVM this morning

State: Jan 14th 2002.
ATLDOL March 24 2003.

I checked with my employer but he has not yet received any information.
How many days it takes to get the approval notice to lawyer/employer?

Reddy20 said:
Any news from

shirs Jan 23 2003 FL
ADOL Feb 06 2003
unk3 Feb 19 2003

Yesterday one of my co-worker received his approved labor which is forwarded on May 2004 (yes it is 2004!!!). His LC got cleared with 4 months including process of state and regional. We (who is waiting more than a year in federal alone) are all shocked by this news. Its all happening in jungle rules by DOL.

Congrats Chr !!

Congrats Chr,

Wish you good luck for your 140/485.
Thanks for updating the forum.

I was trying to reach AVM, But it is going busy.. is it down or what ..
will appreciate if someone plese try and update the forum once they are able to reach AVM.

Thanks

Tamil_gc

Hi TAMIL_GC,

Your friend that got filed and approved in 2004, what is the job title ?
Are they Atlanta based ?

regards,

congrats chr

Congrats., CHR,

Wish you the best with the next phase.

Are you atlanta based? Are you in Software by any chance ?

regards,

vinodatldol said:
Hi TAMIL_GC,

Your friend that got filed and approved in 2004, what is the job title ?
Are they Atlanta based ?

regards,

Yes it is from ATL DOL. His case field from GA SESA. Programmer/Analyst.

thanks vinodatldol,
YES, I am atlanta based and my company is also Atlanta based and I am in software.
Good to you.
vinodatldol said:
Congrats., CHR,

Wish you the best with the next phase.

Are you atlanta based? Are you in Software by any chance ?

regards,

Any idea once it is approved how many days it takes to get the approval notice to Employer/Lawyer?

suggestion needed

Hey Everyone,

This may not be the right place to Post this but I have seen that this group is very helpful with sharing information and it is as if everyone is working together for their GC as a team.

Here is my question..
I was consulting for company A - client was company B. Labor was applied through Company A in Dec 2001, went to Regional in March 03 so hopefully I should hear something +ve about it soon. Now I was asked to join the Client i.e. company B a few months back as they were not able to continue contracting me anymore (more expensive). So I joined Company B. Company B was not well for quite some time and they laid me off yesterday. I asked company A to sponsor me for H1 again and that I will look out for projects through them and they have agreed. Now when the labor comes through can we file for I-140 and I-485 immediately or is there any document required that will make it not possible. i.e. pay stubs through company A or anything to prove that I am still being paid by company A.

Thanks

sthirumal,
One of my coligue's case also got the same query(NOF) with the wages difference. His case was filed with <80k with the same DOT code and the query was same as wages should be 106K as per DOL. Query came on May 28th and the Lawyer responded back with the explanation (I have no idea what was the explanation) and it is been approved on June 8th. Hope this will help you.

sthirumal said:
Hi all

My case was recvd at Federal labor On Feb 24th 2003. We got a letter from DOL regarding the wages issues in last month around May 10th. Salory was mentioned in petition is 75K. But DOL's prevailing wage is 106K. How do they come up with this big number, is it depends on DOT Code, however I have seen for some ppl whose DOT is same, but their wage is <80K.

My DOT Code: 030.162.010

I would like to know how these wages are determied?

My lawyer is submitting some survey information on the wages, rather than increasing the salory to 106K. Does this introduce additional complexities,?
Even if labor is approved, will I get the same query at I-140 approval?

Please share ur ideas/experience, please advise me

Thanks
Sunny

thanks subhasri01,
I was thinking DOL is inconsistant before approvals but it is inconsistant throught the process. hope you will hear soon. Good luck for your I-140/485.

subhasri01 said:
nope.
mine was certified per AVM on 22-may. lawyers still have not recd. it from DOL.
checked with them yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.