Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
labornc said:
One of my friend's lawyer say that it's possible to file for I-140 if labor is pending for more than 1 year. Does anyone know if that's true ?

Thanks,
labornc

NO, It is not true. You have to have LCA approved before you can file for I-140. The only thing that is possible is you can keep extending your H-1B if your LCA is pending over 365 days and you are nearing your 6 years term completion.

I am telling this because, I have gone thru this. My attorney told me that filing I-140 with LCA pending (no matter how long its been pending), is NOT an option.

Hope this helps.

mhsoor

AVM showed approval on 22-may after a wait of more than 2 and a half years.
Now there is this wait of almost a month for the approval to reach the lawyers.

This sucks...big time.

subhasri01 said:
AVM showed approval on 22-may after a wait of more than 2 and a half years.
Now there is this wait of almost a month for the approval to reach the lawyers.

This sucks...big time.

I second you on that. Mine got certified on May-24 (ater almost 3years wait)
but not word from lawyer's/HR yet.
subhasri, can you post as soon as you get notice from DOL.

Thanks.

gc2me..

did you try the "fax" option from the AVM to fax back the approval to a user designated fax# ?

did not work for me.
let me know if you tried.

Was yours filed as regular or RIR?

GC2ME said:
I second you on that. Mine got certified on May-24 (ater almost 3years wait)
but not word from lawyer's/HR yet.
subhasri, can you post as soon as you get notice from DOL.

Thanks.

Hi HotlantaGuy,
I checked with my employer for the content of explanation letter but he did not recevied any copy of that or the information of the content. If I ask the lawyer I am not sure he will provide for me as it is not my case also. I am ossry I could not get the details information. But one thing is sure he did not do any survey or any thing.

HotlantaGuy said:
Hey CHR,

A LOT of us are in the same boat as ur colleague. Can u PLEASE find out any more details abt the kind of reply/explanation the lawyer gave to DOL ? Coz NOF on May-28th and approval on June-8th is awesome!! He must have done a great job. There are others who had to wait abt 3 months after the NOF .. until DOL finally accepted their explanation etc. So, please try to share any info u find. Thanks man!

Mhsoor,
Thanks for your clarification. It's exactly what I had in my mind...

Vinodatldol,
He has not filed it yet.... but I agree with Mhsoor...

Lets hope that this will become new rule.. :)

labornc

mhsoor said:
NO, It is not true. You have to have LCA approved before you can file for I-140. The only thing that is possible is you can keep extending your H-1B if your LCA is pending over 365 days and you are nearing your 6 years term completion.

I am telling this because, I have gone thru this. My attorney told me that filing I-140 with LCA pending (no matter how long its been pending), is NOT an option.

Hope this helps.

mhsoor

hello all

Hello all,

labornc's post yesterday regarding 140 made me think and findout
if we have other options.

I know most of us in here are waiting for avg. 2 years if not more
and most of us are either in their extended 7th year or approaching
end of 6 years of their H1.

I am curious if there are other visas that people like us can transfer
to, that can help us continue to be here and work etc.

I know this is not the right thread/forum but if you think you want to explore
possible options until our labor is approved, please send me a private
message or we may want to start a new thread.

regards,

I just learnt from one of friend's company's 5 cases has been approved at the same time. All of them was filed on November 2003 and got forwarded to ATL DOL on Mar'2004 and got certified on May'2004. It's is totally unfair.

:confused:

Instead of working for March 2003 cases are they clearing March 2004 cases by mistake... and ATL DOL hasnt realized that ..
:eek:
TAMIL_GC said:
I just learnt from one of friend's company's 5 cases has been approved at the same time. All of them was filed on November 2003 and got forwarded to ATL DOL on Mar'2004 and got certified on May'2004. It's is totally unfair.

:confused:

Status

we all be very thankful to these guys if they check their status through AVM/Lawyer/employer HR and update the forum.

Reddy20 Mar 04 2003
sai1234 Mar 10 2003
adibazz Mar 23 2003
ATL03 Mar 24 2003
aksmks Mar 26 2003
scabtl Mar 26 2003
yoginm73 Mar 26 2003
NC state Mar 00 2003

Thanks

LC options

Hi,

I am also in my sixth year now . As said by Vinodatldol, We have to think of other options .

I thought applying for canada will be backup option . But i just found out that it costs around $1500.
any other ideas ?

Rgds

Nothing happend ... Every day I'm checking with the AVM. I hope something will happen this week ! Mine was forwarded to Atlanta on 4th March 2003 - This is based on my Case no which I got it from my company.

LaborUnknown said:
we all be very thankful to these guys if they check their status through AVM/Lawyer/employer HR and update the forum.

Reddy20 Mar 04 2003
sai1234 Mar 10 2003
adibazz Mar 23 2003
ATL03 Mar 24 2003
aksmks Mar 26 2003
scabtl Mar 26 2003
yoginm73 Mar 26 2003
NC state Mar 00 2003

Thanks

vinodatldol said:
Hello all,

labornc's post yesterday regarding 140 made me think and findout
if we have other options.

I know most of us in here are waiting for avg. 2 years if not more
and most of us are either in their extended 7th year or approaching
end of 6 years of their H1.

I am curious if there are other visas that people like us can transfer
to, that can help us continue to be here and work etc.

I know this is not the right thread/forum but if you think you want to explore
possible options until our labor is approved, please send me a private
message or we may want to start a new thread.

regards,

I got couple of answers for the question of extending H1 beyond 6 years.

a) Some say that you should have initiated GC process(Labor) before 365 days of H1 6-year expiry AND ALSO I-140 should have been filed.

b) But some others say that just you should have initiated GC process(Labor) before 365 days of H1 6-year expiry

Can someone let me know which one of the above statements is true.

Rgds

statement B is true

swarnapuri said:

a) Some say that you should have initiated GC process(Labor) before 365 days of H1 6-year expiry AND ALSO I-140 should have been filed.

b) But some others say that just you should have initiated GC process(Labor) before 365 days of H1 6-year expiry

Rgds

swarnapuri said:

Rgds

Your answer B is true. I am pretty confident.

I guess checking AVM daily is useless...since AVM is not updated on daily basis. You should check with your lawyer or your employer. Let us know if there is any change in the status.

Thanks

NCstate said:
Nothing happend ... Every day I'm checking with the AVM. I hope something will happen this week ! Mine was forwarded to Atlanta on 4th March 2003 - This is based on my Case no which I got it from my company.

Status
Not open for further replies.