Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks vangaru !!!!

Thanks vangaru,

We would be very greatful to you if you please update us when your case gets updated in AVM system..

Thanks

vangaru

As per gc_ky123 AVM is down. I am sure this time they must be updating AVM (just trying to be positive) .

Vangaru, keep checking when you get time and let us know.

Good luck.

Approved!!!!

Everybody,
My case got approved after a very very long time
Case type: Eb-2 (Software)
State: 17 oct 2001
US DOL: 27-Feb 2003

Approval date: 13 april 2004

that was a long wait..

Guys i wish you best of luck and definitely believe that everyone will get it very very soon. THinking of applying concurrent.

Any suggestion on whether i should go for concurrent or CP?

Cheers

rpranesh

Congrats

and

keep us updated when AVM gets updated with your status.....

and

Good luck for your I 140 & 485 :)

Next in our list is Reddy20

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!! rpranesh....

How did you come to know that your case was approved... I guess by lawyer, is that right ?

Goodluck for rest of the process...

Hi,
I have a very basic question. Whats the difference b/w EB2 and EB3?
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
eefrog

Some_GreenCard

Thanks Some_GreenCard & Laborunknown.

Some_GreenCard,
My state labor says it is forwarded to ATL DOL on 14 April.
How to know priority date and case number. Automated phone is not updated recently.

gc_ky123:
There're two or three options:
1) Fastest:
Prerequisite: you need to know your employer phone number filed with your application
Call 404-562-2131, then press 1, then press 2
But since AVM is updated rarely, your case might not be put in the system for a long time.
2) Send a fax to DOL to ask for the case number.
Information need to put in the fax:
a. Alien name
b. Employer name
c. State
d: forward date
Fax number: 404-562-2152
This way gonna be slow, but you can trust the information you get from this source.
I sent my inquiry on 03/04/04, and got the response on 04/19/04 when I almost forgot about the fax.
3) If you're lucky, you might be able to ask the DOL staff to find the case number for you over their service line. But I didn't have that luck. They said they didn't have time to do so and their priority work was to update AVM, which we've all seen the results.

Hope this helps.

eefrog:
EB2 is for advanced degree holder.
The job requires BS+ 5 years experience or Master's
EB3 is for skilled worker or professional

Thanks much wlj_wzz. So if one has a BS is that considered skilled worker or does that come under advanced degree as well?
Also, a BS would be considered a EB3 ?
thanks.
eefrog

wlj_wzz

it seems in my case when i started the GC process i had a BS degree with 2.5 years experience(EB3 category) but now i have 5 years experience....does that mean when my labor is approved(if approved) i'll be in the EB2 category when applygin for the 140/485 coz i have 5 years exp. now....any comments?

I don't quite get you. If you have a BS with at least 5 years work experience, or a master's degree or above, you can apply as EB2; otherwise, you're most likely be categorized as EB3. It depends on your job requirement, not your real degree. For example, if your job needs a BS+0 year experience, even you have a Ph.D degree, you can only apply for EB3.

nishokie:
The work experience gained through your current job can't be counted into your qualification. That is, no matter how long you work for your current employer, when they file your application, only your previous work experience and degree count. However, nowadays, EB3 is almost as fast as EB2. No much difference.

Re:labornc
DOL sends the certified forms to Employer and Attorney. In my case my employer told me that it got approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.