Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: is this the fate of foreign work force like me?

Originally posted by amoogye
Just to share my feeling...
I started working here in 2000, and I heard that I can get a green card in 3 years... and now it is 2004(4 years later) I am still waiting for LC(!)...
I know everybody is same as me here... but specially, my company is thinking about selling it to another venture capital or to another company... in that case, I gotta start over all this process again... ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... no............
nowadays, I don't feel like I want to write some code in the office... just feel bad...
Sorry if I remind you guys of your situation...

Good luck with all of you, smart gigs...

amoogye ,
The brighter side of your status is,when you apply for a new LC,there are chances of you going through the Contract people at ATL DOL.You might get certified within months.

I am in the same boat with my LC pending and talks about the company being sold. However my attorney mentioned that if the new company is willing to process ur GC then you can continue with ur current LC and donot have to start all over again.
Hope this helps.
Cheers

Thanks for your response...
I talked to my lawyer also, she said my company need to have same tax id after my company sold to another,
I don't know how this thing works exactly, but last time I talked to my lawyer, that is what I heard...
Anyway, Good luck with LC pender and company being shaked with its identity... ^^

Thanks and Sorry

Sorry for posting the link multiple times. My computer keeps on hanging today due to some network issue here at my work.

Anyway, It is nice to see article like this by reputed news paper. I have been surfing lots of different forums, and looks like that BCIS has been under considerable pressure to reduce the backlog.

BCIS has put backlog reduction as their highest priority in the upcoming couple of years.

Here is the link for the USCIS Director Eduardo Aguirre Jr. testifies before Senate subcommittee on Mar. 30

http://usinfo.state.gov/gi/Archive/2004/Apr/01-984183.html.

So, I am assuming that it will not get worse than what we are going through right now and there is some hope at the end of the tunnel.....

I just called DOL and the lady said they are still processing
Jan'03 cases. Didn't get into any specifics.
I asked if she will look up a case for me, she asked me to call AVM.

FYI: AVM is currently down (no answer).
We could only hope they are updating it.

Limit of patience

I just called ATL DOL on behalf of my HR.

Lady said my application was received on Jan 30th, currently they are processing 2nd week of Jan cases. Call back after a month....

More waiting game...

Information for the weary

No, my LC has not cleared!!!

My lawyer (who has been very active) thorugh some contacts found out this piece of information. Thought you folks may find it interesting:

It seems that ATL DOL had hired some contractors to process LC cases belonging to specific categories and these contractors (obviously worked very fast) started approving cases and soon, greatly widened the gap between case numbers they were on and the General Process ones in DOL. That could be an explanation as to why some Feb and Mar cases were approved even though DOL maintains they are in Jan. It seems DOL is trying to set it right by stopping work with the contractors and closing up on the gap.

ognep

Status
Not open for further replies.