Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello all

Hello all,

Does anybody know of companies that have pre-approved labor
for software developers ? I have seen somebody posting about a
company ad., a while ago...

Also, what are the risks involved pursuing a opportunity with
a pre-approved labor ?

regards

Re: Am I in safe side?

Originally posted by sai1234
My H1B visa expired on 02/26/2004, my employer applied visa extension on 01/10/2004. Right now i have SRC number, as you know it will take nearly six more months to get new H1B. My question is I am expecting my labour clearance in month or two, can I file my 140 without H1?

you can file I 140 using your SRC number.

Sai,
Are you from NC?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------'
For expert advise,consult your Attorney.This is FYI only.

thanks

Thanks TAMIL_GC, but that link do not have any information about companies with pre approved labor...

I remember seeing a post a long time ago in this thread, I cannot
find it again...Thanks anyway.

regards,

Hello all,

Iam a silent watcher and i appreciate your valuable support to each other.

My ATL DOL was fwd around July1st week from Florida state. I dont have case number yet and i could not find in the online database .

Iam in a situation that my company has offered labor substitution and i have question in educatinal qualification. I dont want to take any risk, since this my 5th year in H1.

Labor sub says for education - "BS or foreign equivalent "
major field of study - "comp Sci, Comp Eng or related field"
experience "2 years"

My background - "Bachelor (in accounting) 3 year degree + 2 years APTECH + 9 IT years experience"

Above labor was approved in 2000. Do you'll think this will work or should i wait for my labor come through from ATL DOL. Appreciate your great advise.

Thanks,
GC_waiting2Long

GC_Waiting2Long

I would recommend just to stay with your pending LC.

1. You have enough time on H1b to maintain your status. I guess your LC would be approved before H1b expires, if not you can file for 7th extension
2. Your education qualification doesn't suit well for approved labor. Good attorney can manipulate things with years of experience, but it has risk too.
3. Even though LC doesn't have any expiry date, still 3 to 4 years is a long time. You might even get rejection of application with 140.

Post this questions to general labor certification forum also, you might get some responses from other users too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be prepared for RFE's

A friend of mine work's for an IT company based in western Florida. The employer had filed LC's for 10 employee's almost everyone as Soft Engg/ Prog Analyst and 7 out of the 10 have received Remand's to the employer.

So Remand/RFE is too common now and its just a waiting game / more fee's to the attorney to respond to RFE's/Remand's.

one approval.

A collegue of mine got labor approved. (IT related).
Recd Data: Feb10th.
Approved: A few days ago (not sure exactly when).

WHERE IS EVERY BODY ELSE...??

Folks...
I see only 20 - 25 names from ATL DOL that are still waiting for the verdict. Where is everyone else? They say thousands are waiting......but where are they?
Why don't they join the " waiting game party"...!!!
Chalo..

Colleagues Labor Feb 10th received date Approved

My colleagues labor (Applied Labor after me) got approved. His received date at regional DOL is Feb 10th. Good for him. Whats going on with DOL? I heard from law firm that cases are getting approved not in order. God knows!!!

DOL working style

One of the paralegal in my attoney's office had to say this about cases getting approved in random order:

This only applies to cases that are adjusted at the DOL office.

There may be cases that are adjusted at the SESA office for a very recent received date due to high backlogs or temporary recruited officers.

All the cases at DOL are assigned in a organized fashion based on the received date at the Regional office equally to number of people working on the case. It all depends on the officer on how quickly to make a decision on the case. If the particular officer has issued several RFEs in the past and when he/she receives the reply back, they need to work on those cases first before touching the new cases. This way, sometimes, there is a hugh backlog with one particular officer and unfortunately, if your case goes to him/her then it is going to take a while compared to same received date cases before it can be adjusted.

So, I think, that is the reason why some cases with the received date in Feb are adjusted prior to Jan cases.

Anyone know the meaning of Jealous?

I am really disappointed at how the labor adjudication works. This is not at all a fair game. Well I am not unhappy that Kris has his labor certified but it is not fair to other who have been waiting since years. In the days when DOL warns of forum shopping, is it fair on their part to play an unfair game. Did anyone contact a senator / congressman and any response from them?

Kris1
Member posted March 10, 2004 06:13 AM on another forum
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Atlanta labor cleared

My labor went to GA sesa to Atlanta on 9th Jan'04. I have received confirmation from my attorney today that my labor is cleared !

Hopefully, Atlanta is working on some expediated method and is clearing the backlogs. So, good luck to all. Hope the wait will be minimal.

Just in case, anybody may like to know my case details:

RIR application filed: Nov'03 First week
GA Sesa cleared : 9th Jan'04
Atlanta DOL clearnace: 9th March'04

Pahwin, You are right

My Attorney's office has received labor certification notices for the cases received in Dec'2003 and Jan'2004.

By the way, my company law firm is a reputed big law firm practicing throughout the world. That does not mean that they get the any kind of priority over other cases. Infact, my case is also with the same law firm with the received date of Jan'2003....No news so far.......just waiting.

But, Paralegal did mention that all the recent case filing approval are cases that were filled in GA SESA.

Status
Not open for further replies.