Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/24/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
PERM Moves a Step Closer

http://www.murthy.com/bulletin.html#2

Progress in the overhaul of the labor certification process known as PERM has moved forward in an important way. As of February 23, 2004, the PERM regulation was with the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review. As we have explained previously in articles, including our January 30, 2004 article, Progress on Status of PERM Program, available on MurthyDotCom, the OMB reviews potential regulations before they are published in the Federal Register. This review process could take a maximum of 90 days. The OMB has the opportunity to send the regulation back to the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) if they have any concerns about those aspects of the regulation that are subject to OMB review. It is not expected that the OMB will review the regulation for the full 90 days, nor that OMB will return the regulations to DOL.

It is most likely that the OMB will complete their review within the next few weeks, and the published regulation will appear in the Federal Register a day or two after the OMB's final review. If the last indications from the DOL remain true, the effective date of PERM will be 120 days after the regulation is published in the Federal Register.

We will continue to track PERM daily, to notify MurthyDotCom readers and MurthyBulletin subscribers when the final PERM regulations are published. This is an important issue for many. We expect that PERM will contain significant changes from the proposed regulation issued previously in May 2002. Stay tuned for information as it becomes available!

New Day...

Any updates today guys....I am still waiting.....My Rec. date should be Dec 20th since I have transfer notice from Florida SESA mentioning case was transferred to Atlanta on Dec 20th....but, AVM and database says received in the Regional office on Jan 30th....

Thanks a lot to USPS & DOL, my case reached from Florida to Atlanta in just 41 days....Great

update on my case

ATL0, DOL ReceiveDate 2/6/2003

I got a return without processing due to missing a document. My lawyer said they got similar requested from DOL before. After responding to DOL, it is usually approved within a few weeks.

I cannot believe that after almost 3 years waiting, I got such result. It is really a trial of patience.

Anyway, will keep you updated. At least you know DOL is moving to Feb. cases now.

I guess, ATL DOL started working on Feb/Jul/Nov 2003 cases also when still Dec'2002/Jan'2003 cases are pending. oh... boy.. DOL is mysterious.

Thanks atl01

Thanks man,

I know you have more patience than others.....Keep it up and eventually you will see the true results ....I hope u would get approved soon....

Thanks again for updating the forum....

My Colleagues - Feb 3, Receipt Date Approved

DOL is processing Feb cases? Whats going on? One of my collegue has a receipt date of Feb 3, 2003. His labor was approved yesterday. God! Pl help us.

Thanks atl-la-bore

Thanks atl-la-bore,

Can you find out from your lawyer what's going on...

I will appreciate if you could provide some more information about
your collegue.. especially if you would be able to provide some digits of case numbers..

Thanks

clarification of REMAND

Got a copy of the letter from DOL requesting more information. It does have a letter head of "REMAND", but the content is asking for an updated document. I remember someone was really alarmed by "REMAND". You really need to find out the details. I guess as long as it is not remanded to regular LC, everything should be fine.

BTW, don't assume I am a man. And don't assume I have patience either. Have you heard that "Patience is a virtue"? I have been overly anxious just like some of you for a long time. But it is totally out of my control. So keep the prayer, and hope things will all turn out to be good.

Called ATL DOL

Just called ..

Processing JAN'03 Cases...

About AVM system update...
She said.. We don't do anything with that...It is from Washington..

Don't know if it's true or not..

Thanks

Re: Called ATL DOL

Originally posted by LaborUnknown
Just called ..

Processing JAN'03 Cases...

About AVM system update...
She said.. We don't do anything with that...It is from Washington..

Don't know if it's true or not..

Thanks

I do not have any other info about his case number or other details. My employer doesn't give any info and the only thing we can do is to check our labor status on Attorneys web site. Sorry Pal! I will let you know once mine gets approved. Hopefully Soon. :)

attorney???

Does your attorney has got website to check labor status...i have never heard about this anywhere???? can you throw some light on this pl.

Around Nov there was a new directive sent to DOL saying that if the position requires bachelors and x years of experience or Masters and 6 months should be auto-approved.
Can someone point me to the official links.

Muchos Gracias

DesiDon

Latest Info

Hi Guys,
I just met my Attorney.He Called USDOL in my presence and found that DOL just started processing January cases.

It seems they recruited 2 people to attend the backlog and they are working from a remote place. They are attending only Georgia backlog cases. The cases that were sent to them are received stright from Georgia Department of Labor. They are not even entered into USDOL pending list.It seems USDOL is just signing those cases and approving them.There is no further chech on those cases.

The cases that were approved after January 03 were checked by 2 newly recruited people. Those guys are lucky whose cases were just sent to USDOL from Georgia andthat were sent to 2 new people.

People whose cases sent in December02/January 03 have to wait for their approval. My case is listed in USDOL database and they haven't looked into it.

It was received on January 06,2003.

only1left-

Great information, very useful. Atleast there is a assumed reason for my case which is not showing any form of US DOL data. Thanks for sharing.

Does anybody know on AVM Update?

If you have noticed that I had posted the info on AVM being updated every 45 days as per DOL person.

Is that right? Based on Prosix's info, his case still shows as received in AVM and I think, his case has been approved for almost a month now...

If AVM is really being updated every 45 days, then there is no point of checking it often....

Throw some light on this Damm...AVM

PainCard-

I don't think they are updating regularly like once a day/week/month. I guess, they do it when ever they want. 3 or 4 months back, I used to check the AVM to get my case number. I am very such sure; they were updating at least once a week. Because I used to see the new case numbers whenever it gets updated.

Re: Latest Info

Originally posted by only1left
Hi Guys,
I just met my Attorney.He Called USDOL in my presence and found that DOL just started processing January cases.

It seems they recruited 2 people to attend the backlog and they are working from a remote place. They are attending only Georgia backlog cases. The cases that were sent to them are received stright from Georgia Department of Labor. They are not even entered into USDOL pending list.It seems USDOL is just signing those cases and approving them.There is no further chech on those cases.

The cases that were approved after January 03 were checked by 2 newly recruited people. Those guys are lucky whose cases were just sent to USDOL from Georgia andthat were sent to 2 new people.

People whose cases sent in December02/January 03 have to wait for their approval. My case is listed in USDOL database and they haven't looked into it.

It was received on January 06,2003.

Thanks for the info.
There are people who got certified whose LC went to ATL DOL after July thru Nov'2003.
These are cases from NC.I am not sure how this happened.

Re: attorney???

Originally posted by Some_GreenCard
Does your attorney has got website to check labor status...i have never heard about this anywhere???? can you throw some light on this pl.

Since our companys rule that we should not contact company's attorney directly, the attorneys provided a website where we can look at our status. Meaning, once they file, receive anything regarding immigration, they update the website so that we can check it.

Status
Not open for further replies.