Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Do you get a RFP for FP

Hello
I just got 2 emails for me and my wife asking for additional info. When you get FP mail is it in the form of a RFE.

regards

Adiash

For me during the FP notice , teh website said RFE.

I did my FP today, Walk in at Colliers rd, Atlanta
I had to stand in line ouitside for an hour and then inside for 10 minutes and was done.

07/10/2010 : N400 Received
07/17/2010 : Checks Cashed
07/20/2010 : NOA Rec. [07/17/2010]
07/22/2010 : Case updated online w/ RFE
07/26/2010 : FP notice recieved - appt 08/11/2010
07/27/2010 : FP done - walk in.

I got at email this from from CRIS (USCIS) saying my case has been transferred to a local office! :D

So, I am looking forward to my Interview Appointment coming around soon...

Guess what's the tricky part? my wife is due with our first baby on Sept 02... 28 days from today! pray that the interview date falls at least around Sept 10th!

email & text updated case transferred to local office.

No yellow letter received. I see most people received a yellow letter before the case transferred to local office, is this means my yellow letter is missing? Do i have to contact USCIS?

Good luck, Sethumadhavan

Best wishes for a successful interview tomorrow, Sethumadhavan - first interview of April 2010 filers on the forum.

Passed the Interview

All the three of us passed the interview; Taking oath this evening around 2.30PM.

The Interview was a breeze for all of us. Took just 20 minutes. Our appointment was at 7.15 AM; We were at the location at 6.30AM. The building is off 285, Lavista road exit. There were already 15+ people waiting outside.They opened the door at 6.45 AM. We cleared the security and went to the second floor. Camera is allowed; BUT NO Power cord. You need to leave all cords in the car. They are dividing the applicant pool into two groups. One group attends interview in second floor and the other in third floor. We were directed to the third floor.

It is a big hall; We were the first. The officer came and took me to his room. The officer was very professional and very well trained. He sworn me under oath when i first entered his room. He did everything so fast and so precise (same experience for all the three), did not even waste a second. My officer was very official at the same time polite and was going through my file (big one) at lighting speed and shooting questions at me with out stopping for a second. I saw copies of my I94! in the file. They have EVERYTHING since I entered USA.

My advice to fellow applicants, be thorough with your application. This is very important. Also keep all your documentation ready. they don't have time and they expect you not to waste their time. The officer asked my green card. On the traffic tickets, he took the original receipts. He did not even ask for passport or the Driver's license. he asked me to read and write a simple sentence. The questions were

1) What does the cabinet do?
2) What did declaration of Independence do?
3) How many justices?
4) If president and Vice president is not there who will become president
5) Senator Term
6) Name one branch of Govt

After that, the officer said that I passed the interview, handed over form N 652 that says i have passed and asked me to wait in the hall. The officer said that his supervisor will review and let me know about the oath. The whole thing was completed in 20 minutes and I was out at the hall at 7.45 AM!

I had to wait in the second floor for an hour. Then a supervisor came and handed over N445, Oath ceremony form at 9.00 AM. I will take oath at 2.30PM today

Overall very fast and pleasant experience. Of course we were all very well prepared for test as well as the documentations. There are many who completed the interview in 15 minutes time; Mostly happy faces.

So nothing to worry about. Go prepared and it will be a easy one

I will post my Oath experiences this evening

Thanks to all in the forum