Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

to prove my traffic tickets does not involve any arrest, do i simply take penaly paid receipts or do i have take any letter from court ?

I received IL too. I was asking my people to check mail for IL when i saw anxious received IL. Another duck in the same ATL row -:)

I am now an American Citizen!!!!
In ATL, don't plan anything else for the day of your interview. The process will suck up your whole day. But it is worth the time.

Interview was at 10:15. Got their at 9:30 and entered the building at about 9:45. My interview letter said the 2nd floor, but once their they sent me to the 3rd floor where I check in. I waited about for about an hour and fifteen minutes until they called my name. The officer, who i could not really read, was kind of icy. He swore me in and began going over my file (which looked like it what everything filed with them ever). He asked if was was still married and if my husband was with me (based on 3yr). I explained that my husband worked nights and got off at six this morning. He shuffled through other papers and asked if I had evidence of our marriage. I only had our marriage certificate and my tax documents. He said he expected more and questioned me about the last 12 hrs of my life. He also asked for my husband's cell phone number and proceeded to call him. Once he collaborated the info I had just given him. He began the reading and writing test and then the questions. All correct and then he said he recommended me for approval. Yay!!! (total time about 20 minutes)

Went down to second floor, waited for about another hour. Got my oath letter about 12:45 and was told to return at 2:00. Got back, sat in the waiting area for about what seemed like forever. But there were 174 of us taking the oath, so it took some time to get everyone where they should be. About another hour after that I am pronounce a US Citizen. Hope this helps. Good luck to all waiting.

Congratulations! Less than 5 months for the whole process, Atlanta is looking a little better now. Hope the improvement continues.

to prove my traffic tickets does not involve any arrest, do i simply take penaly paid receipts or do i have take any letter from court ?

To prove the traffic tickets...it is easy. I went to court house today got the certified copies. they call it 'Final Disposition'. Usually if arrest is involved, your ticket will say 'Jail' else it is regular traffic ticket.

Hope this helps for any traffic ticketers -:)

I received a Yellow Letter today! yay! :D

That means I should be getting my interview appointment soon? and the interview will be schedule for 1 month after that?

ps: the required documents to bring is:

[X] State Issued Driver's License.

Congrats on the progress, PraetorianXI. If you review March and April Atlanta filers on the tracking spreadsheet, you can see that four people reported receiving YL, and their times between YL and IL ranged from 3 days to almost 2 months. So you can hope, but you shouldn't be dismayed if your IL does not arrive right away.

Congrats on the progress, PraetorianXI. If you review March and April Atlanta filers on the tracking spreadsheet, you can see that four people reported receiving YL, and their times between YL and IL ranged from 3 days to almost 2 months. So you can hope, but you shouldn't be dismayed if your IL does not arrive right away.

Well... I am just going by the experience of RAWJUICE above:

07/12/2010 : YL Recd
07/15/2010 : Case to local off.
07/19/2010 : IL Recd
08/19/2010 : ID

N400

07/10/2010 : N400 Received
07/17/2010 : Checks Cashed
07/20/2010 : NOA Rec. [07/17/2010]
07/22/2010 : Case updated online w/ RFE

Hi Guys,

Online case status says RFE. Does this mean a FP notice or could it be something else?

Hi guys, I got my FP notice for 08/11/2010 today. It's at Colliers rd in Atlanta.

Can I do a early walk in FP at this location?

Hi guys, I got my FP notice for 08/11/2010 today. It's at Colliers rd in Atlanta.

Can I do a early walk in FP at this location?
Yes, you can. I was turned down on Thu PM, but got through on Fri PM. They say, chances are high for Atlanta walk-ins in the afternoons. I didna walk-in and details are in my signature.