Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Online status says: On November 4, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. A request for evidence is made when an application/petition is lacking required documentation/evidence (initial evidence) or the officer needs more documentation/evidence (additional evidence) to determine an applicant's eligibility for the benefit sought.

I haven't received that letter yet. I have no idea what else they could possibly want. I attached driver license copies with my application. I have never had a ticket or been arrested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, on my NOA, it says states Single Application fee: $595. It doesn't say anything about the fingerprints fee? They did cash check for $675.

Is it because that I had my fingerprints taken 11 months ago?? Please help!!!!!

Could be, but don't expect to get a refund.

Green Card Date - 01/07/2005

D/O Atlanta

10/09 - N-400 Delivered
10/14 - Check Cashed (10/13 Priority Date)
10/17 - Received I-797C NOA
11/10 - RFE/ FP Sent
11/11 - RFE Text/Email rcvd
??? - Fingerprint appt

I know this question has been asked several times before? Do we have to answer all or 1 is enough?
There are cases where we are asked to answer 1,but in some cases there is no guidelines.

What does the judicial branch do?
  • resolves disputes
  • decides if a law goes against the Constitution
  • reviews laws

Passed interview!

Hi guys!

I passed my interview today....Oath will be on Monday. I will write about it tomorrow it has been a long day!!!!!

Interview experience

Had my interview today and it was pretty pain free experience

Appointment time was at 9.25 reached the 2 nd floor window at 9:24 and was asked to wait at 3 rd floor.

Was called in at 9:50 and was out by 10:10 AM

Standard activities like oath etc and the 6 questions were pretty simple.

Told them about traffic violations,the officer made a note in the application and took my court dispositions.

Had to wait little longer the oath letter and received it at 12:30 PM for 2 PM oath

My wife had her last name changed and it was even better experience than mine.Both were out as proud US citizens by 330 PM

Very disappointed that I was not able to apply for the passport today.

Thanks for all help guys and wishing good luck to folks who are yet to have their interviews.

Congratulations Juney.

I have couple of questions
Did you mention about traffic violations on the application?

"Told them about traffic violations,the officer made a note in the application and took my court dispositions."

If No to the above questions. Did the DO asked you about the violations or did you inform the DO?

I do not care about a refund. I worry that what if they don't send me a fingerprints notice, and then find out that I was supposed to do it again. it would make the processing time longer.

If they need you to do FP, they will send you a notice. Don't reach conclusions or worry about what there says on NOA.

passport card and passport?

What is the differene between a US Passport and US Passport Card? Is it benefical to get both of them?
Has anyone applied on-line DS-11 application? If so, how was the experience?

Did not mention in the application , told her when she asked about any citations

Congratulations Juney.

I have couple of questions
Did you mention about traffic violations on the application?

If No to the above questions. Did the DO asked you about the violations or did you inform the DO?

Hi All,
Me and my wife applied for Citizenship and priority date is: Aug 20th. My wife received interview letter yesterday. Interview is scheduled on Dec 7th at 9:25AM.

I have the same dates! Aug 20th & my interview is at 9:45 dec 7. Good luck! :)

Interview

Congratulations!!!

Thanks TheRealCanadian!

It sure does feel good!!

I got there a little early, sat in the car for a while. Went in at 12:15 for a 12:45 appt. Told to go to the 3rd floor. Waited nervously! There was a guy vacuuming!!! I was thinking why on earth is someone vacuuming at this time of day when people are trying to listen out for their names to be called!:confused:. I was called for the interview by a very nice gentleman around 1:20. Thank God he was nice! Interview was very laid back and the officer put me at ease...I think you could see my heart pounding in my chest!!!! He went through my paperwork and I did get to change my name to my married name without having to wait for the court oath ceremony.....so my lawyer was wrong! So I am excited to use my married name after 8.5 years of marriage!!!

Got the 6 questions right (they were all easy ones!). He told me I was recommened for approval and I had to wait on 2nd floor to get a letter to have my oath on Monday. This took about 1.5 hours!!!!!! Also when the person called my name to give me my appointment letter they had put the sticker with my lawyer's name on it (she wasn't even with me!!)But it doesn't matter, they fixed it! Anyway.......Monday will be here soon enough!

I did see a few people that did not pass and this was because they did not speak english well enough.

Overall it was a good day and I can't wait until Monday!!!! I came to the U.S. in 1994 as a tourist to F1 student to OPT to greencard and now very soon to be citizen! Yay!:D

Good luck to everyone else!!!