Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Thanks Tufan!! I'm on my way to Atlanta now, tonight I will review the questions even tho I feel good about them hopefully I don't get too nervous haha,,,tomorrow I will come back to share my experience! My appt is at 8:00 am so I will be there early!

Thanks everyone for all the help! ;)

Where is MIMI??

:)
Thanks Tufan!! I'm on my way to Atlanta now, tonight I will review the questions even tho I feel good about them hopefully I don't get too nervous haha,,,tomorrow I will come back to share my experience! My appt is at 8:00 am so I will be there early!

Thanks everyone for all the help! ;)

We are anxiously waiting for the results? Where are you dude? I have a feeling that all went well and you are partying so much that you forget all about us?
Ha. Ha. h ha... No worries.. enjoy your special day...and you also have a long drive back!!

We are anxiously waiting for the results? Where are you dude? I have a feeling that all went well and you are partying so much that you forget all about us?
Ha. Ha. h ha... No worries.. enjoy your special day...and you also have a long drive back!!

looks like we are the next on the line for interview. 2 more weeks:)

My experience:

Entered the building about 7:40am, my interview was at 8:05am. I went to the 2 floor where I was checked in then was told to go to the 3rd floor. I waited about 15 minutes then my name was called, the IO was a young-ish guy, looked nice…but boy was I wrong! As he called my name he kept walking away, I had to tell him right here! to let them know I was following him, he DID NOT looked at me once . Went in his office then he right away asked to raise my right hand and swear to tell the truth…sat down then asked me for my passport, ID and GC. He started looking at my file over and over and over…..it was never ending I was just sitting there wondering when this was going to end HAHA. Again he DID NOT look at me. All of the sudden he said “When was the declaration of Independence adopted?” I kinda jump because I was not expecting him to talk at that moment. The he went on:

Name 1 of the longest river?
What do we call the first 10 amendments to the constitution?
We elect the president for how many years?
In what month do we vote for President?
What is the name of the speaker of the house of representatives now?

Those were my six questions, then I had to read “What month is Thanksgiving?” or something along those lines, I had to write: Thanksgiving is in November.

He then asked my DOB, Address etc, saw that I had 2 tickets and asked for RECEIPTS – this is great info for those who have them please take proof of payment with you just to be safe. He had me sign my pics and what it looked like a OATH form, I read the top and that’s what it said, it had my name, DOB and my phone as far as I could see. He then said he would be back in a minute. Came back asked for a dismissed case I have, I had already sent more than enough documents/disposition with my application and he had them because he kept looking at them, then said to wait that he would be back in a minute –again-. He came back and did something on his PC then handed me a form saying I had passed the test but a decision can’t be made ALSO another form saying I had 30 days to send additional evidence because what he had didn’t clearly say my case was dismissed, at this point I was telling myself wow I didn’t see that coming but then again it is his discretion to ask for those papers, so I asked him that if I was ok after sending that based on his experience and he said YES just send this on the mail and it should be ok. I’m thinking that because it was a Florida disposition and it was different than GA what he is used to he probably didn’t know enough and wants to make sure I don’t owe anything and that my case is long closed haha. I didn’t see this at a big deal, but I don’t have a choice right? =)

Now my question is, if he had me sign my pics and the oath form does it mean that I’m ok that he is just waiting for those additional papers? Or do they have everyone do this even when they deny them? I mean I don’t want to me negative but I was just wondering because I think that he wanted to make SURE that everything is in order for me to get approved , he was probably covering his butt in other words lol to go ahead and approve me.

Now I have a friend of the family lawyer getting everything together for me since I live in a different state now and I also want to make sure they get EVERYTHING they need, I feel good about this! ;) I will keep you all posted. If any of you have any questions about the DO etc please feel free to ask haha I was all eyes and ears =)

Last edited by a moderator:
My experience:

Entered the building about 7:40am, my interview was at 8:05am. I went to the 2 floor where I was checked in then was told to go to the 3rd floor. I waited about 15 minutes then my name was called, the IO was a young-ish guy, looked nice…but boy was I wrong! As he called my name he kept walking away, I had to tell him right here! to let them know I was following him, he DID NOT looked at me once . Went in his office then he right away asked to raise my right hand and swear to tell the truth…sat down then asked me for my passport, ID and GC. He started looking at my file over and over and over…..it was never ending I was just sitting there wondering when this was going to end HAHA. Again he DID NOT look at me. All of the sudden he said “When was the declaration of Independence adopted?” I kinda jump because I was not expecting him to talk at that moment. The he went on:

Name 1 of the longest river?
What do we call the first 10 amendments to the constitution?
We elect the president for how many years?
In what month do we vote for President?
What is the name of the speaker of the house of representatives now?

Those were my six questions, then I had to read “What month is Thanksgiving?” or something along those lines, I had to write: Thanksgiving is in November.

He then asked my DOB, Address etc, saw that I had 2 tickets and asked for RECEIPTS – this is great info for those who have them please take proof of payment with you just to be safe. He had me sing my pics and what it looked like a OATH form, I read the top and that’s what it said, it had my name, DOB and my phone as far as I could see. He then said he would be back in a minute. Came back asked for a dismissed cased I have, I had already sent more than enough documents/disposition with my application and he had them because he kept looking at them, then said to wait that he would be back in a minute –again-. He came back and did something on his PC then handed me a form saying I had passed the test but a decision can’t be made ALSO another form saying I had 30 days to send additional evidence because what he had didn’t clearly say my case was dismissed, at this point I was telling myself wow I didn’t see that coming but then again it is his discretion to ask for those papers, so I asked him that if I was ok after sending that based on his experience and he said YES just send this on the mail and it should be ok. I’m thinking that because it was a Florida disposition and it was different than GA what he is used to he probably didn’t know enough and wants to make sure I don’t owe anything and that my cased is long closed haha. I didn’t see this at a big deal, but I don’t have a choice right? =)

Now my question is, if he had me sing my pics and the oath form does it mean that I’m ok that he is just waiting for those additional papers? Or do they have everyone do this even when they deny them? I mean I don’t want to me negative but I was just wondering because I think that he wanted to make SURE that everything is in order for me to get approved , he was probably covering his butt in other words lol to go ahead and approve me.

Now I have a friend of the family lawyer getting everything together for me since I live in a different state now and I also want to make sure they get EVERYTHING they need, I feel good about this! ;) I will keep you all posted. If any of you have any questions about the DO etc please feel free to ask haha I was all eyes and ears =)

Sorry to hear that. But I am sure you will be ok after sending the document from FL. Was the document you took (for FL case) not a disposition document? B/c I also have similar situation that the county destroyed all court dispositions before 2004 for minor traffic cases. I could only get a certified paper saying disposition was destroyed and a certified computer shot showing payment is paid off.

I really don't understand why they are asking minor traffic documents even though the instructions says opposite.

He likely went to supervisor who told him to request evidence that case was dismissed.
Were the tickets minor traffic tickets?

WOW I wrote a whole book on my experience and then somehow it didn't post!!!! OMG!!!!!!!! I'm going to die LOL

Hi Mimi!

Was your officer the tall, skinny nerdy looking guy? I was watching all the officers the other day when I was waiting for my turn.

Some of them did not look too friendly! But that is no suprise with immigration!!!

I was SO lucky to get a really nice guy!

Oath Ceremony

YAY! It's official I am a citizen of the U.S.A.!!!!! It feels so good! Over 100 people from 72 countries were there!

I will warn you guys that even if your paper tells you to get there at 1pm for the ceremony it will take until 3pm until they start. So make sure that you eat and drink before you go in and be ready to sit....sit......sit and wait. Once the ceremony gets started it is quick.

I had to re-do my signature on my photos to match my married name on my certificate (I had signed in my maiden name).

Thanks for the congrats! Good luck to everyone. I feels SO good to be done!:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Green Card Date - 01/07/2005

D/O Atlanta

10/09 - N-400 Delivered
10/14 - Check Cashed (10/13 Priority Date)
10/17 - Received I-797C NOA
11/10 - RFE/ FP Sent
11/11 - RFE Text/Email rcvd
11/17 - Received Fingerprint Appt.
12/01 - Fingerprint appt

Hi Mimi!

Was your officer the tall, skinny nerdy looking guy? I was watching all the officers the other day when I was waiting for my turn.

Some of them did not look too friendly! But that is no suprise with immigration!!!

I was SO lucky to get a really nice guy!

Yes! that's exactly the guy! he SEEMED nice lol

Walk In Finger Prints

Can anyone confirm whether you can simply just walkin to get your fingerprints taken, if you have received an appointment letter. I am due to be out of town on my appointment date. The notice states I can have them done "on any following Wednesday". I was wondering whether I can go earlier on any given day, before my appointment?

A lot of people have posted that they did walk in appointments.

Please clarify.

Thanks.

He likely went to supervisor who told him to request evidence that case was dismissed.
Were the tickets minor traffic tickets?

No. for the tickets I had my receipts, this is from something else I have on my record that was dismissed long time ago.

No. for the tickets I had my receipts, this is from something else I have on my record that was dismissed long time ago.
Mimi looks like you are online and probably everything is fresh in your mind. Did the office ask for your birth certificate? I don't have mine and i only have the affidavit from relatives which i had given at the time of GC. Just little worried?

How to get court recors

How can I obtain court records of traffic violation? I have 2 traffic violations in last 9 yrs (reported on N-400). One is speeding in Duluth (2006) and another accident in downtown Atlanta (2002). Paid fines in both cases but did not keep any record. How can I obtain them?

Mimi looks like you are online and probably everything is fresh in your mind. Did the office ask for your birth certificate? I don't have mine and i only have the affidavit from relatives which i had given at the time of GC. Just little worried?

I dont have birth certificate either. my home country does not issue such document. But I do not think it should be problem (hopefully).

How can I obtain court records of traffic violation? I have 2 traffic violations in last 9 yrs (reported on N-400). One is speeding in Duluth (2006) and another accident in downtown Atlanta (2002). Paid fines in both cases but did not keep any record. How can I obtain them?

Go to the court house of the county you had the fine and ask for some kind of receipt of proof of payment. Some records are online, if it shows the amount you paid, the date and your name you can also get a print out like that.