Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Scarlett Rose - The RFE is most likely for your FP's. THe next step should be 'Case sent to Local DO for standard interview'.

RSK - Wow, your case is moving fast. Hopefully, that is a good sign for the rest of us. I sent my app about three weeks after you and I am waiting for my case to be sent to the local DO.

Good luck to all.

Scarlett Rose - The RFE is most likely for your FP's. THe next step should be 'Case sent to Local DO for standard interview'.

RSK - Wow, your case is moving fast. Hopefully, that is a good sign for the rest of us. I sent my app about three weeks after you and I am waiting for my case to be sent to the local DO.

Good luck to all.

Tufan, thanks. As I remember you were in SC during our GC discussions back in 2004.

Wazimo, I was little worried when cases were transferred to local DO for interview. I did not want interview before 12/14 ( 5 yrs rule). Thank God, it is one day after my GC date.

Any 10/1 applicants received LUD updates after FP's or I/Dates? It shouldn't be too much longer now? It appears they are currently processing apps from the last week in September.

Wazimo

Hey RSK1

Tufan, thanks. As I remember you were in SC during our GC discussions back in 2004.

You are very much correct my friend! It's a small world and here we meet again on the N-400 forum. Glad that you remembered me. There are 2 days left for me and hopefully it will be all over! Just trying to put together all my documents from I-20, EAD's, H-1 Visa's, GC's, DL, etc!!! To prove i was in status all along, although it has been proven with GC. Just bit anxious until it's all over!! :cool:

my interview is at 12:05p, so I may not have same day oath (but i am hoping :)).

suppose i was given next day oath, i plan to stay in atlanta. which is a good nearby hotel?

this is what google search gives:

http://maps.google.com/maps?geocode...8303,-84.24914&spn=0.006068,0.012993&t=h&z=17

anyone that has stayed around that place care to give some input on a cheap & good place to stay?

thanks.

Hey TMC, hope to see you on wednesday, my heart is already pumping! My interview is at 10AM. Just trying to put together all the documents. I have all my old/new passports, DL, GC, tax returns and all other documents just in case. Not sure if i need anything else as i am always thing that i am not forgetting anything. Wish you all the BEST!
You will get good hotels along LaVista (exit 36) where the USCIS office is located.Although if you don't want to spend a whole lots, just off of exit 37 (Lawrenceville Hwy) there is motel 6 where you can get a room for $38/night. The hotel is better than other motel 6's in the area. There are many indian resturants(not sure if you are indian), along same hwy if you continue west. hope that helps.

Hey TMC, hope to see you on wednesday, my heart is already pumping! My interview is at 10AM. Just trying to put together all the documents. I have all my old/new passports, DL, GC, tax returns and all other documents just in case. Not sure if i need anything else as i am always thing that i am not forgetting anything. Wish you all the BEST!
You will get good hotels along LaVista (exit 36) where the USCIS office is located.Although if you don't want to spend a whole lots, just off of exit 37 (Lawrenceville Hwy) there is motel 6 where you can get a room for $38/night. The hotel is better than other motel 6's in the area. There are many indian resturants(not sure if you are indian), along same hwy if you continue west. hope that helps.

thanks tufan. yes i'm indian - will see u there.

Tufan,
Good luck for interview.. Make sure to post your experience.

You are very much correct my friend! It's a small world and here we meet again on the N-400 forum. Glad that you remembered me. There are 2 days left for me and hopefully it will be all over! Just trying to put together all my documents from I-20, EAD's, H-1 Visa's, GC's, DL, etc!!! To prove i was in status all along, although it has been proven with GC. Just bit anxious until it's all over!! :cool:

Urgent request!!

Tufan,
Good luck for interview.. Make sure to post your experience.

Thanks once again RSK1.

Hey does anybody know where can i find on USCIS website or some other link that we are not required to disclose traffic violations/citations less than $500in fines?

The rule is that you don't need to supply additional documentation for accidents with fines less than 500. You need to mention citations/arrests in the form. It is question 7 on Form M476

The rule is that you don't need to supply additional documentation for accidents with fines less than 500. You need to mention citations/arrests in the form. It is question 7 on Form M476

Thanks Pyramid. I got $70 red light jump ticket and i have all the documentation, but i had mentioned NO in question 7 based upon suggestions in this forum. Now when the officer will got over the questions tomorrow in N-400 filed app, i am not sure if i should say NO to previously said NO or say YES and show that the fine was paid off? I am confused, if i change my stands as i am will be under oath? Please suggest.

Also, M-746 Q/A -7 does not talk about any traffic citations?
Q7. If I have been convicted of a crime but my record has been
expunged, do I need to write that on my application or tell a
USCIS officer?
Yes. You should always be honest with USCIS about all:
•฀ Arrests (even if you were not charged or convicted);
•฀ Convictions (even if your record was cleared or expunged);
•฀ Crimes you have committed for which you were not arrested or convicted; and
• Any countervailing evidence, or evidence in your favor concerning the
circumstances of your arrests, and/or convictions or offenses that you would like
USCIS to consider.
Even if you have committed a minor crime, USCIS may deny your application if you
do not tell the USCIS officer about the incident. Note that unless a traffic incident was
alcohol or drug related, you do not need to submit documentation for traffic fines and
incidents that did not involve an actual arrest if the only penalty was a fine less than
$500 and/or points on your driver’s license.

Also, M-746 Q/A -7 does not talk about any traffic citations?
Q7. If I have been convicted of a crime but my record has been
expunged, do I need to write that on my application or tell a
USCIS officer?
Yes. You should always be honest with USCIS about all:
•฀ Arrests (even if you were not charged or convicted);
•฀ Convictions (even if your record was cleared or expunged);
•฀ Crimes you have committed for which you were not arrested or convicted; and
• Any countervailing evidence, or evidence in your favor concerning the
circumstances of your arrests, and/or convictions or offenses that you would like
USCIS to consider.
Even if you have committed a minor crime, USCIS may deny your application if you
do not tell the USCIS officer about the incident. Note that unless a traffic incident was
alcohol or drug related, you do not need to submit documentation for traffic fines and
incidents that did not involve an actual arrest if the only penalty was a fine less than
$500 and/or points on your driver’s license.

I would mention this in interview. I have mentioned my both the traffic violations in N-400 which were older than 7 yrs even the Certified DMV record does not mention them (one I got last Saturday after paying $8 in DMV office of Norcross withing 15 minutes wait time) but they were in active record during my GC processing. I have copy of tickets and planning to take disposition of court citations.

I would mention this in interview. I have mentioned my both the traffic violations in N-400 which were older than 7 yrs even the Certified DMV record does not mention them (one I got last Saturday after paying $8 in DMV office of Norcross withing 15 minutes wait time) but they were in active record during my GC processing. I have copy of tickets and planning to take disposition of court citations.

RSK1, the questions states that if the citations were given by a law enforcement officer? In my case the camera took the picture and i was mailed the fine. I am not trying to hide anything, just trying to avoid waiting for IO to ask me if they found anything? what do you think?

RSK1, the questions states that if the citations were given by a law enforcement officer? In my case the camera took the picture and i was mailed the fine. I am not trying to hide anything, just trying to avoid waiting for IO to ask me if they found anything? what do you think?

I do not think you need to mention that because you were never cited by a officer. If asked then only you should mention this. I think we should not worry too much for the minor traffic violations. Since tomorrow if off day (from work) for you, go and watch a nice movie and relax.