Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

I got my interview letter for 1/13/2010 at 12:45pm. I am not sure if they will have enough time for me to take oath on the same day, but at least now I have the interview date.

check question

Hello,

Planning to apply N400 next week, wondering if
1.spouse and self application be mailed in same package
2. One check is sufficient for spouse and self.

PR since 3/21/05
N-400 mailed 12/19 expected delivery 12/23

Last edited by a moderator:
Green Card Date - 01/07/2005

D/O Atlanta

10/09 - N-400 Delivered
10/14 - Check Cashed (10/13 Priority Date)
10/17 - Received I-797C NOA
11/10 - RFE/ FP Sent
11/11 - RFE Text/Email rcvd
11/17 - Received Fingerprint Appt.
11/17 - Finger Prints Done - Walk In
12/01 - Fingerprint appt
12/07 - Confirmed FP's were sent back same day (11/17)
12/10 - Status Change Text Rcvd - sent to DO/ Interview & Testing
12/12 - Interview Letter Rcvd
01/14 - Interview Date - 1:25pm (hopefully, I can take my Oath 1/15)

I would thoroughly recommend applicants do their fingerpints as a walk-in as soon as they receive their notice. It seemed to speed things up for me.

KosmoKramer I will recommend to make two checks. One for you and one for your wife. You can mail both applications in the same packet. I placed each application with check and supporting documents in the seperate envelope and mailed the envelopes in the same USPS Express mail envelope.

KosmoKramer I will recommend to make two checks. One for you and one for your wife. You can mail both applications in the same packet. I placed each application with check and supporting documents in the seperate envelope and mailed the envelopes in the same USPS Express mail envelope.

Thank you Ifty, good luck on your Journey

Interview & Oath completed

Good Luck RSK1... it's your Big Day today!! Hope all goes well..
Thanks Tufan.
Me and my wife both had interview today. Reached there by 8.50 AM for 9.05 AM interview. Traffic was really bad and took more than an hour to drive from Suwanee. I was called first around 9.10 AM by a nice black lady officer. It seems she was really nice and quick. As usual civic and english tests withing 2-3 minutes. Then she went through application within 4-5 minutes, just confirmed that still all those No and Yes are correct. She did ask if traffic tickets are paid, but did not want to see court disposition or cerified DMV record. Just got my signs on photo and asked if I wanted to take oath today. I was out by 9.25 AM. My wife was still waiting for her call. After 5 minutes same officer came back and took my wife for the interview. Surprisingly she asked same civic questions to her. My wife was also out by 9.45 AM. We got oath letter by 10 AM.

Came back at 1.45 PM and other formalities were completed by 3.30 PM. It was really a big day for us but long day.

Thank Real C, Tufan and others, who have been here for suggestions during all GC and citizenship process.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Tufan.
Me and my wife both had interview today. Reached there by 8.50 AM for 9.05 AM interview. Traffic was really bad and took more than an hour to drive from Suwanee. I was called first around 9.10 AM by a nice black lady officer. It seems she was really nice and quick. As usual civic and english tests withing 2-3 minutes. Then she went through application within 4-5 minutes, just confirmed that still all those No and Yes are correct. She did ask if traffic tickets are paid, but did not want to see court disposition or cerified DMV record. Just got my signs on photo and asked if I wanted to take oath today. I was out by 9.25 AM. My wife was still waiting for her call. After 5 minutes same officer came back and took my wife for the interview. Surprisingly she asked same civic questions to her. My wife was also out by 9.45 AM. We got oath letter by 10 AM.

Came back at 1.45 PM and other formalities were completed by 3.30 PM. It was really a big day for us but long day.

Thank Real C, Tufan and others, who have been here for suggestions during all GC and citizenship process.

Congrats RSK1! Atleast you didn't have to wait an hour to be called for an interview. We were together in the GC process, and N-400 process, and now let's see when we'll meet again!! Ha. ha. ha..

My husband mailed N-400 in 8/2009 & had his interview/test at the DO on 11/14/09 & passed 100%. The interviewer told him to wait in the waiting area until time to take the oath. She then remembered that his application requested name change. She said that he would have to wait to take the oath at the Fed Ofc; even if he wanted to wait and change his name on his own, she had to abide by the request on the N-400 & a notice with the oath date should be mailed in about two weeks. We have not received the oath letter. I saw that someone else here in Atl had a similar issue. I cannot find the discussion now (of course), but they applied a few days after we did, intvwd a couple of days after we did, and rec'd their oath notification letter on 12/08/09 for an oath date 02/10. When we look for his status online, it still shows that he is in the "Interviewing and Testing" phase of the process.
Is there anything we should be worried about? Does anyone have any ideas why there is such a delay?

Update

N-400 mailed: Oct 26th 2009
N-400 received: RD: Oct 28th 2009
N-400 PD: Oct 30th 2009
NOA received: Nov 5th 2009
FP RFE Raised: Nov 17th 2009
FP Date/Scheduled: Dec 14th 2009
More to come...

Walk-in appointment

I have an interview the first week of January. However, I can't make it on the given date, so wanted to check if I can walk-in at an earlier date. Has anyone done this.

Thanks.

You can do that but it's not advicable as your case could get delayed. Sometimes people get appointment quickly, but sometimes it can take over 1 year. It's your call!

Walk-in interview

Thanks. One clarification. If I walk-in and can't get to interview, I am OK to go on my scheduled date. So, my question is just because I tried to walk-in will my application get delayed. Basically, I don't want to cancel or lose my interview date but it would help me a lot if I can do that a week earlier.

I have an interview the first week of January. However, I can't make it on the given date, so wanted to check if I can walk-in at an earlier date. Has anyone done this.

Thanks.

There is no thing as "walk-in" interview. During an interview, they prepare your Afile for the officer and its impossible to do that during "walk-in". So if you can't make it on your scheduled ID then reschedule it for a later date.

Thanks. One clarification. If I walk-in and can't get to interview, I am OK to go on my scheduled date. So, my question is just because I tried to walk-in will my application get delayed. Basically, I don't want to cancel or lose my interview date but it would help me a lot if I can do that a week earlier.

There is no walk-in. The Security at the door do check for the appointment date of letter. Even for Infopass. Normally your name will be listed on the sheet of the receiptionist and she keeps file ready for officer. May be there are some prep step they take a day earlier. It does not like walk-in FP. If you need to change return the letter with new date request. If they open walk-in for you then all the people will be queued up in front of INS office for early interview.

Done! The process was actually easier then I thought! Thanks to everyone for some of my dumb questions! XOXO

When we get Finger Print letter in mail, Do we also get email notification/ONLINE case status also changes or shows that finger print is on -- so and so -- date......?

Thanks for replies.

When we get Finger Print letter in mail, Do we also get email notification/ONLINE case status also changes or shows that finger print is on -- so and so -- date......?

Thanks for replies.

Yes. But sometimes the wordings of the email notification/online status would indicate an RFE, but it is an FP actually.

To correct myself on my previous post, you would get an online status change/email, but that email or online status would indicate that an RFE (or FP) notice was issued on so and so date. It would not indicate when the FP is scheduled. For that you have to wait for the FP letter.