Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

I was expecting notices for FP for me & wife but case updated with following msg.

Need not worry, as this is just a standard message usually for the fingerprints. You would think that USCIS would be smart enough to reflect FP instead they do RFE. :rolleyes:
You'll be getting your FP notices in a week or so. Good Luck!

Need not worry, as this is just a standard message usually for the fingerprints. You would think that USCIS would be smart enough to reflect FP instead they do RFE. :rolleyes:
You'll be getting your FP notices in a week or so. Good Luck!

Tufan, Thanks.

Atlanta DO at stand still again?

Does anybody knows what's happening as i have not seen any interviews roll in for early August filers? :confused:

I did not get any status update yet after I got my yellow letter on Oct 5th. Even though some late july applicants got their interview dates and letters already, no sign for early august filers yet. That is interesting.

I did not get any status update yet after I got my yellow letter on Oct 5th. Even though some late july applicants got their interview dates and letters already, no sign for early august filers yet. That is interesting.

I was hoping for the CRIS emails, but my case status has not changed from RFE. Bilip, did you get standard "yellow letter" requesting DL?

You are correct, it has been 2 weeks since late july filers got their interview letters and you would think it's about time for us? But i guess we just have to wait for our lucky day:rolleyes: Not sure if TMC has received anything?

Hi Guys,

Good news and bad news. Good news is I became citizen today but the bad news is my wife case got stuck in the name by the officer.

Both of us reached at 9.30 am but were called in for interview at 12 pm. I came out within 10 minutes with approval
where as my wife case took 1 hour but nothing was determined. The officer said he will call her again for discussion within 2 weeks.
I will explain and ask for your opinions:

Her full name before marriage was: xxx yyy zzz

my first name: aaa
my last name : bbb

after getting married, we got her Indian passport and this appeared in her passport
first name: xxx (which is correct)
last name: aaa bbb (which is my first name and last name)

And with this new name, she had her visa, ssn, greencard...everything...

but the officer is asking her to change the name with this
first name: xxx (which is correct)
middle name: yyy (which is her maiden middle name)
last name : bbb (which is my last name as he is not accepting my first and last name as her last name even though all papers till now that includes visa gc is in that name)

Though we don't want any change as it brings delay of another 2-3 months...but if we have to then we want this
first name: xxx
middle name: aaa (my first name)
last name: bbb (my last name)

we are confused on this. anyhow looks like we have to go with the name change through court before oath, so do we have to take what he is suggesting, or she can legally
change her name to whatever she likes...

expert opinion please!!!

Goodluck GeorgiaPerson

Congrats to Prk73 for becoming a citizen. Sorry, i can't comment on your wife's case as i am definitely not an expert. You probably know more than i do and we'll make the right choice. Hope things workout for you guys.

Good luck to Geogiaperson as he has an interview today.

Need Help please

Hi guys,

N400 sent 09/09
Fingerprints sent to me 09/25, but the problem I never received it. I called 800 number and they told me that my fingerprints appointment is 10/14. On 10/13 I went to Local office (infoPass) and the guys was very nice and polite. He told me that somebody cancelled my 10/14 appointment, and That I have new appointment on 10/27.
He gave me an other appoint. and he printed it. I went to Appl. Support Center the same day (10/13) and did my fingerprint.
Yesterday, I received the appointment for 10/27 (Fingerprint). I drove all the way to Appl. Support Center. They told me that my fingerprints are in the system and that are good.
I called the 800 number and they told me that they have no info. and that I have to go 10/27 to my appointment.
Any advices??
10/27 I will be out of United States.
Should I go to the appointment?

Citizenship Interview experience

I just talk to a work colleague of mine about her experience and she said it was a breath. Her appointment was @ 8:00 and she wasn’t even called around 12:00. And after that the lady didn’t ask her any thing expect verified her name and address on her passport and green card. Just the civics questions followed by reading and writing. Nothing about her marriage (she applied through marriage with USC after three years rule) , no speeding tickets questions although she said she put them in the application, no questions about taxes , bank statements , utilities , etc etc that has been mentioned here in the forum. She timed her interview and it was completed in 12 minutes (give or take 2 or 3 minutes) total from the time of swearing to final approval.

She mentioned that there were 200 people at the oath ceremony and some of the people were actually crying/sobbing heavily because of the excitement……

Hi guys,
I called the 800 number and they told me that they have no info. and that I have to go 10/27 to my appointment.
Any advices??
10/27 I will be out of United States.
Should I go to the appointment?
Fingerprints are valid for 18 months. You have already been to Application support center and they will tell you the same story if you do go again on 10/27. As long as you have the stamped copy that you had your FP's taken i wouldn't worry about it. They may not have reflected yet on the 800# database. Give it a week or so..........

My interview experience.

Interview was scheduled at 10:05am. Reached there at around 9:20am. Was called for interview
at 11:00am. Interview lasted for about 15 minutes. Interviewer taken me to her office and
administered the oath. Then told me to sit down and said that first she will conduct
civics and reading, writing test.

Civics question
--------------------
What is the supreme law of the land?
What is the capital of your state?
What is an amendment?
Who vetoes bills?
Who did the United States fight in World War II ?
I don't remember sixth question.

Reading and writing
-------------------------------
Read : What is captial of United States?
Writing: Washington DC is capital of United States.

After this, she gone through my application, page by page and confirmed
that information is correct.

Then she requested me to sign on the photographs, which I have sent along with the
application.

At the end, she congratulated me and told me that she is recommending me for approval
Also asked whether I can attend oath ceremony at 2pm.
I said yes. Then she have given me one form to sign and told me to wait outside, till final
decision is taken about the case.

At around 12:15, I got oath letter.

Oath ceremony started at around 2:30pm and finished at around 3:15pm. There were
169 people from 69 countries. There was also another oath ceremony at 3:00pm.

Congragulations!!

Were there any name changes involved with your case or spouses case.

If yes, please share the name change experience

Thanks

Interview was scheduled at 10:05am. Reached there at around 9:20am. Was called for interview
at 11:00am. Interview lasted for about 15 minutes. Interviewer taken me to her office and
administered the oath. Then told me to sit down and said that first she will conduct
civics and reading, writing test.

Civics question
--------------------
What is the supreme law of the land?
What is the capital of your state?
What is an amendment?
Who vetoes bills?
Who did the United States fight in World War II ?
I don't remember sixth question.

Reading and writing
-------------------------------
Read : What is captial of United States?
Writing: Washington DC is capital of United States.

After this, she gone through my application, page by page and confirmed
that information is correct.

Then she requested me to sign on the photographs, which I have sent along with the
application.

At the end, she congratulated me and told me that she is recommending me for approval
Also asked whether I can attend oath ceremony at 2pm.
I said yes. Then she have given me one form to sign and told me to wait outside, till final
decision is taken about the case.

At around 12:15, I got oath letter.

Oath ceremony started at around 2:30pm and finished at around 3:15pm. There were
169 people from 69 countries. There was also another oath ceremony at 3:00pm.

Congrats GeorgiaPerson!

Anyone else got IL from Atlanta????????? It is so quiet in here =)

Tell me about it??? Maybe you guys need to pray for all August filers and thereafter. Where is the Magic Wand!!! :( Please....somebody do something!:confused:

I hoping if TMC and Bilip2000 gets something then maybe some luck will come to me....

Last edited by a moderator: