Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Copy should be ok I guess

I think I misplaced my original and I don't want to go thru the pain of getting a duplicate now

Hey All,

Recently someone that i know had their interview postponed because he did not have the birth certificate at the time of the interview? Later he brought the BC to the interview and N-400 was approved.

My concern is that i don't have the BC with me and at the time of GC i gave my school certificates and an affidavit from my parents? Just not sure if i the old affidavit would work when asked or am i going to need anything else? Please let me know.. thanks.

Copy should be ok I guess

I think I misplaced my original and I don't want to go thru the pain of getting a duplicate now

I don't have the copy of BC, therefore i was trying to see how many have been requested to show BC at the interview? Also, would that be a problem if i don't bring BC and just affidavit and school certificates?

Old Naturalization Test or New...

Folks, I am scheduled to interview on Thursday Oct 1, 2009. Thats the last day an interviewee has option to choose either an Old Naturalization Test or New. Any idea as to what is a preferred option in this forum. I prefer old version but open to New as well.

Thanks

Folks, I am scheduled to interview on Thursday Oct 1, 2009. Thats the last day an interviewee has option to choose either an Old Naturalization Test or New. Any idea as to what is a preferred option in this forum. I prefer old version but open to New as well.

Thanks

You only have that option of choosing if you filed before Oct 1 2008 and your interview is before Oct 1 2009.

Well it says:

"Filed form N-400, before Oct 1, 2008, and are scheduled for your naturalization interview on or after Oct 1, 2008 up until Oct 1, 2009, you can choose to take the old test or the new test"

I am scheduled for interview on Oct 1, 2009. Do I have a choice or no?? Thanks

Well it says:

"Filed form N-400, before Oct 1, 2008, and are scheduled for your naturalization interview on or after Oct 1, 2008 up until Oct 1, 2009, you can choose to take the old test or the new test"

I am scheduled for interview on Oct 1, 2009. Do I have a choice or no?? Thanks

You didn't file N-400 before Oct 1 2008 so it doesn't apply to you.

Bobsmyth is right. It is AND condition and not OR condition.

You have to satisfy both 1 and 2 conditions:
1 Filing before Oct 1, 2008 AND
2. Interview should be on or before Oct 1, 2009.

If one of the condition is false, you have take new test.

You didn't file N-400 before Oct 1 2008 so it doesn't apply to you.

The test is very basic and I am not sure if it really matters if ts old or new

Bobsmyth is right. It is AND condition and not OR condition.

You have to satisfy both 1 and 2 conditions:
1 Filing before Oct 1, 2008 AND
2. Interview should be on or before Oct 1, 2009.

If one of the condition is false, you have take new test.

FP done 4 weeks ago today. When I started this I thought that I would have an IL by now! I know we are all awaiting patiently with the delay!

Have you guys checked out the new USCIS.gov website being launched on 9/22?....looks much better!

Same here.

Things are improving in Atlanta DO and hopefully some thing happens soon.

FP done 4 weeks ago today. When I started this I thought that I would have an IL by now! I know we are all awaiting patiently with the delay!

Have you guys checked out the new USCIS.gov website being launched on 9/22?....looks much better!

We are all sitting tight waiting! Things are moving I see. By the way I just checked the new website, looks good; but I was reading about the famous "Additional Information" request and it seems that is has more explanation under your status that it used to have before, and it clearly says that this request is for additional information that they may need to go forward with the process of such naturalization application....I know that everyone is saying that this request is the fingerprinting letter, but makes you think because it is NOT clear at all so Monday Im going to call USICS again and MAKE SURE this is not something else....maybe it is me getting anxious haha. My status hasn't update since 8/13/09 I've heard that some people's are updating every day or 2, anyone having this too? I'm just wondering why mine hasn't updated since that date....Anyway good luck everyone! =)

We are all sitting tight waiting! Things are moving I see. By the way I just checked the new website, looks good; but I was reading about the famous "Additional Information" request and it seems that is has more explanation under your status that it used to have before, and it clearly says that this request is for additional information that they may need to go forward with the process of such naturalization application....I know that everyone is saying that this request is the fingerprinting letter, but makes you think because it is NOT clear at all so Monday Im going to call USICS again and MAKE SURE this is not something else....maybe it is me getting anxious haha. My status hasn't update since 8/13/09 I've heard that some people's are updating every day or 2, anyone having this too? I'm just wondering why mine hasn't updated since that date....Anyway good luck everyone! =)

My status hasn't changed since 8/13/09 and I also got that same RFE which I presume is the FP.

Did you find out?

My status hasn't update since 8/13/09 I've heard that some people's are updating every day or 2, anyone having this too? I'm just wondering why mine hasn't updated since that date....Anyway good luck everyone! =)

Mimi, did you get to call USCIS to confirm RFE is = FP under the "case status online"? For both of us(myself/wife) it shows the same RFE status, she had her FP's taken on 9/18 and i had taken on 9/10. Please update the forum on your findings....!! thanks..

I called last week and I got an email reply in less than 24 hours that it is FP notice.
It has been 32 days since I had my FP done but still says RFE crap

Mimi, did you get to call USCIS to confirm RFE is = FP under the "case status online"? For both of us(myself/wife) it shows the same RFE status, she had her FP's taken on 9/18 and i had taken on 9/10. Please update the forum on your findings....!! thanks..

I

Last edited by a moderator:
I called last week and I got an email reply in less than 24 hours that it is FP notice.
It has been 32 days since I had my FP done but still says RFE crap
I

Thanks Juney... next thing you know your case status online will change to case sent for interview!! I think from what i have seen on the forum, it's taking anywhere from 1 month to 1.5 months before you get a CRIS email... don't loose the hope...

Let's hope that is the case. I am little desperate to get this done soon as I have a trip to India coming up on dec 10 and I need to get my passport and visa .

I have heard that I can get my passport the same day if I can show Proof of travelling in less than 2 weeks

Thanks Juney... next thing you know your case status online will change to case sent for interview!! I think from what i have seen on the forum, it's taking anywhere from 1 month to 1.5 months before you get a CRIS email... don't loose the hope...

Let's hope that is the case. I am little desperate to get this done soon as I have a trip to India coming up on dec 10 and I need to get my passport and visa .

Are you guys f**king kidding? I went through this process last year and it took under six months, start to finish, including a hold due to an overseas trip. When I moved to the US a few years ago, this process was measured in years. Now, you guys are bitching about things not updating weekly? Seriously?

Let's get real. You've made the move to a new country. By signing a piece of paper, paying a few hundred dollars, and answering a few questions, you get to acquire new citizenship. Try doing that in your home country. Sorry guys, but every now and then, I think it's good for you to get a dose of reality and realize the magnitude of what's happening here... give 'em a break.

I am not sure what is ur problem????

If it took 5-6 years for some one to get a GC it does not mean everyone should go thru the same time frame
The national average for citizenship is less than 4 months now and Atlanata DO has been one of the slowest.
I know several of them who completed the process in less than 100 days in Atlanta.

BTW I have been in the US for more than12 years unlike someone who came here a few years ago

Are you guys f**king kidding? I went through this process last year and it took under six months, start to finish, including a hold due to an overseas trip. When I moved to the US a few years ago, this process was measured in years. Now, you guys are bitching about things not updating weekly? Seriously?

Let's get real. You've made the move to a new country. By signing a piece of paper, paying a few hundred dollars, and answering a few questions, you get to acquire new citizenship. Try doing that in your home country. Sorry guys, but every now and then, I think it's good for you to get a dose of reality and realize the magnitude of what's happening here... give 'em a break.

I am not sure what is ur problem????

If it took 5-6 years for some one to get a GC it does not mean everyone should go thru the same time frame
The national average for citizenship is less than 4 months now and Atlanata DO has been one of the slowest.
I know several of them who completed the process in less than 100 days in Atlanta.

BTW I have been in the US for more than12 years unlike someone who came here a few years ago

I agree with Juney. I have been in USA for 19 years!! i came to USA when i was 17 and was a foriegn student, worked in Subways and parttime 3 jobs to pay for some of my education and have lived the american dream. I have waited 10 years for this moment, after gradudation so finally i can call myself "FREE" and enjoy the FREEDOM. Being on GC is just like any visa where you have to maintain yourself to be in the country for 6 months.

I think we are having a valid discussions on this forum. If you can't (fnm124)help, then please don't spoil the show, as you have already gone through the process and have your citizenship. People who come to this forum have already gone through a lot and go through great deal of emotions trying to get over this messed up process. USCIS is just so unpredictable and every case is different, here's no reason that USCIS deserves any sympathy from anyone of us!!!

So please if you(fnm124) don't have any value to add to the forum i would ask you to leave.............:mad:

Last edited by a moderator: