Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

I am scheduled for an interview on 10/1 in ATL! Does anyone know if they will issue a new passport that day? I heard that they do in Tennessee.

I don't think they issue same day passports anywhere I don't think that's an accurate informartion, you could do the express passport service that takes a few days but no same day service.

I got CFR though my wife did not. The CFR stated to bring English translation of all foreign documents. I had submitted my native language birth certificate during my GC process and it could be related to that.

It would be a lot easier if USCIS states exactly what foreign documents? I hate when they make u assume for stuff to bring to the interview!! Da..:rolleyes:

I don't think they issue same day passports anywhere I don't think that's an accurate informartion, you could do the express passport service that takes a few days but no same day service.
You are wrong! There is a way to get same day passport if you make an appointment and appear in person at any passport agency in USA. But they do require you to have an immediate travel plan (within two weeks) with confirmed tickets. Check state dept website for more info.

The unfortunate thing for Atlantans is that there is no passport agency in the city. One would have to travel to any other passport agency to get the same day service.

You are wrong! There is a way to get same day passport if you make an appointment and appear in person at any passport agency in USA. But they do require you to have an immediate travel plan (within two weeks) with confirmed tickets. Check state dept website for more info.

The unfortunate thing for Atlantans is that there is no passport agency in the city. One would have to travel to any other passport agency to get the same day service.

Ok thanks, i wasnt quite sure about that info either! I'm a flight attendant and fly international a lot, so I will get a letter from supervisor and rush down to the Miami office.

Well this is the first time I hear this, my bf a us citizen born in USA tried to get a passport last year to travel and was told that they couldn't do same day.....maybe he was given the wrong information.

Tis true. One of my coworkers needed to get his passport urgently and he hired a company to get a passport for him. Apparently the company has couriers flying between Atlanta and Houston every day. He was able to get his passport the next day, although it costed extra $300 on top of expedited passport fees.

Hey AtlantaGA ,

My dates are very similar to your dates (FP done on 8/20) and I dont see any updates online yet.

What is the interview date you are expecting ?

I have an international trip scheduled on Dec 12 and I am not sure if I can get an interview a couple weeks prior to my trip ?

Folks with similar dates at other DO's have started receiving interview letters

Hi Juney!

Sorry I was just going through old posts and didn't realize this was addressed to me!

Yes our dates are 1 day apart. I was hoping for an interview around the end of October but unless ATL speeds up it will probably be more like some time in November. A friend of mine applied in March and got her interview date 3 months after applying so.....? Lets keep each other posted. It is so hard to be patient and seems like time is going slowly!

If I had to guess I bet we will have an interview by mid November!

Good Luck!

My friends at work all had their process complete in less than 100 days at Atlanta DO , not sure what is causing this delay

I will definitely be elated if I get an interview around mid novemeber and will have adequate time to apply for a passport and visa before my trip on Dec 10

Glad to see some activity in the last few days (June/July filers seeing some status changes)

Hi Juney!

Sorry I was just going through old posts and didn't realize this was addressed to me!

Yes our dates are 1 day apart. I was hoping for an interview around the end of October but unless ATL speeds up it will probably be more like some time in November. A friend of mine applied in March and got her interview date 3 months after applying so.....? Lets keep each other posted. It is so hard to be patient and seems like time is going slowly!

If I had to guess I bet we will have an interview by mid November!

Good Luck!

Local DO: Atlanta, GA
05/30/09 (day 1) FEDEX N400 to Lewisville, TX
06/01/09 (day 3) Application Package Rec'd
06/01/09 (day 3) Priority Date
06/02/09 (day 4) Cashed Cheque
06/02/09 (day 4) NOA (I-797C) Date
06/08/09 (day 10) Rec'd Receipt Notice
06/17/09 (day 19) Rec'd Fingerprint Notice (I-797C dated 06/11/09)
06/18/09 (day 20) FP Completion Date
06/25/09 (day 27) Fingerprint Scheduled Date
07/27/09(day 59)Yellow CFR (Dated July 23rd)
09/09/09(day 83)LUD your case was transfered for interview
09/09/09 Interview Notice Letter
10/14/09 Interview Date
XX/XX/09 Oath Letter Rec'd
XX/XX/09 Oath Ceremony

Last edited by a moderator:
FP's completed

Hello All,
Just wanted to updated everyone that i had my fingerprints taken @ the collier st facilitytoday, although they were scheduled for Sept 18th. The place was dead and i went around 11:30AM and was told to come around 1:30pm to have the FP's taken with no gurantee. I went around 12:30PM as there was a different guy and he let me in and it took not more than 30 mins with the wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the person I talked to when I called the USCIS was right, seems like everyone that applied in June is getting interview letters....=)

Name Change

I wrote on my N400 application that I wanted to change my last name to my married name (after 8 years of marriage) but it seems that name change oath ceremonies are only held 4 times per year! Next one is November 6th and then not until Feb 2010! I think I'll tell them at the interview that I have changed my mind and stick with my current last name!!!

I am not sure if this information is true

My friend's wife had her interview in march and subsequent oath ceremony . She had a last name change and she was able to attend the oath without any issues after the interview .

I just spoke to my firend after I saw ur post and he confirmed that there is no difference between name change and no name change at the oath ceremony.

Can you validate the source of your information

Name Change

I wrote on my N400 application that I wanted to change my last name to my married name (after 8 years of marriage) but it seems that name change oath ceremonies are only held 4 times per year! Next one is November 6th and then not until Feb 2010! I think I'll tell them at the interview that I have changed my mind and stick with my current last name!!!

I am not sure if this information is true

My friend's wife had her interview in march and subsequent oath ceremony . She had a last name change and she was able to attend the oath without any issues after the interview .

I just spoke to my firend after I saw ur post and he confirmed that there is no difference between name change and no name change at the oath ceremony.

Can you validate the source of your information

Thanks Juney!

I guess I was searching on the internet about some D.O.s do not do name changes and I found this website and I just presumed I guess....Maybe I should call and find out.

http://www.gand.uscourts.gov/naturalization/

I hope you are right! That would be GREAT!