Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

You're right. It sometimes states specific documents required on the interview date; however it might as well not ask for anything if your case was simply randomly selected for additional (quality?) review.

DonATL, i just copied the signature file from someone else. Thanks for the good words, and i hope i don't get a CFR! :)I was not sure if everyone gets it, but you cleared the confusion. I"ll remove from my sig file.......

On the second note i have seen sometimes people get CFR requesting certain documents to bring at the inteview, ex: tax returns, driver's license etc!!! Correct me if i am wrong!

Last edited by a moderator:
ATL still Busy!

I called the USCIS an hour ago and their system keep telling me that it cannot access my case. I opted to speak with a customer service representative agent. It took the agent 20 minute of unsuccessful attempts to access my case details. The only information she could see was that my case was transferred to my “Center”. She offered to transfer me to a higher level customer service representative agent. The next representative took an additional 10 minutes to access my case, before figuring out that it is in the interview queue of the ATL office. Unfortunately she could not give any kind of deadline since it is up to the ATL office. She mentioned that ATL still seems to be busy!:mad:

What is your timeframe, shri999?

Shri, do they accept the walk-ins on saturdays? I am thinking that maybe i'll go earlier on Saturday, Sept 12th instead of scheduled Sept FP's for 18th with my kids! thanks...

TUFAN, I was turned away first time and second time they let me in, as ELTORO mentioned earlier there is no guarantee whatsoever that you'll be admitted.

I had a business trip and I do not want to cancel my trip else I wouldn't have tried second time. First time I waited for two hours, at one point there were no body waiting for FP inside, still the guard didn't allow us inside.

Thanks
08/05/09- Both Checks Cashed
08/10/09- NOA received
08/15/09- FP notices received for both of us
08/22/09- FP done (Walk-in)
08/25/09- FP scheduled

I called the USCIS an hour ago and their system keep telling me that it cannot access my case. I opted to speak with a customer service representative agent. It took the agent 20 minute of unsuccessful attempts to access my case details. The only information she could see was that my case was transferred to my “Center”. She offered to transfer me to a higher level customer service representative agent. The next representative took an additional 10 minutes to access my case, before figuring out that it is in the interview queue of the ATL office. Unfortunately she could not give any kind of deadline since it is up to the ATL office. She mentioned that ATL still seems to be busy!:mad:

DonATL,
I think Atlanta is still trying to finish scheduling interview for May candidates. I am one week behind you, and I feel once the scheduling of May candidates are done, they will jump to June applicants. Give them 1-2 weeks.
Expect the interview around 3rd or 4th week of October. I know it sucks as other DO are going fast....but hope it comes through....

By the way, did you get email regarding status change stating that your case has been transfered to local DO for interview schedule, like other May applicants had got.

Nop!

No email yet!

DonATL,
I think Atlanta is still trying to finish scheduling interview for May candidates. I am one week behind you, and I feel once the scheduling of May candidates are done, they will jump to June applicants. Give them 1-2 weeks.
Expect the interview around 3rd or 4th week of October. I know it sucks as other DO are going fast....but hope it comes through....

By the way, did you get email regarding status change stating that your case has been transfered to local DO for interview schedule, like other May applicants had got.

Hey Folks

My interview is scheduled for Oct 1 and I am confused as I have two important overseas trips upcoming at that time. I cannot postpone them because of job. If I get my interview done before (lets say Sep 10-15), I may not even need the entry visas. Question:

Can I call Texas to check if I can take the interview earlier? Will it hurt my case?

Thanks

Calling USCIS Never hurts!

I’m almost in the same boat than you except that I don’t have an interview date yet. Earlier today, I explained to the representative that I have a 6 weeks international business trip coming and wanted to figure out if they can ensure that my interview date does not fall within that time period. Her answer was that I should:
- Option#1: postpone my trip till completion of this process
- Option#2: call to have the interview rescheduled once I have the date. But she also said that this will push my case further back
Assuming that you get your interview earlier, you certificate of nationality should help you get back in.
My best advice to you is to call USCIS and ask these questions; asking questions will not impact your case!

Hey Folks

My interview is scheduled for Oct 1 and I am confused as I have two important overseas trips upcoming at that time. I cannot postpone them because of job. If I get my interview done before (lets say Sep 10-15), I may not even need the entry visas. Question:

Can I call Texas to check if I can take the interview earlier? Will it hurt my case?

Thanks

INFOPASS appointment might be better than calling as you will be speaking to someone in the DO and not to a call center person.

I would not rely on that though. I estimate your chances of success at around 10% :) So if the trips are really important then you should secure your visas now and plan on postponing your interview until after you return.

Hey AtlantaGA ,

My dates are very similar to your dates (FP done on 8/20) and I dont see any updates online yet.

What is the interview date you are expecting ?

I have an international trip scheduled on Dec 12 and I am not sure if I can get an interview a couple weeks prior to my trip ?

Folks with similar dates at other DO's have started receiving interview letters

Does anyone know which days Atlanta has Oath Ceremonies?

Hey AtlantaGA ,

My dates are very similar to your dates (FP done on 8/20) and I dont see any updates online yet.

What is the interview date you are expecting ?

I have an international trip scheduled on Dec 12 and I am not sure if I can get an interview a couple weeks prior to my trip ?

Folks with similar dates at other DO's have started receiving interview letters

What is your timeline? Can you post it like everyone else???

juney, looks like you filed 2.5 months after me. I have my interview September 30. If Atl does not speed up, you can expect yours mid-December.

Thanks Eltoro . I hope the backlog will ease a little bit and I get my interview some time in november.

I have an international trip planned on Dec 10 ( tickets booked ) and it will be a real mess if I get an interview when I am away.

Atlanta processing times have been up and down ( based on my coworkers processing time), and they were cases where the entire process took 2 months and cases like yours where it is taking 4-5 mnths .

I dont even have a back up plan and I dont know what to do if it gets delayed:eek:

juney, looks like you filed 2.5 months after me. I have my interview September 30. If Atl does not speed up, you can expect yours mid-December.

Well back to the Altanta Office, since I dont know if I will have to go for interview in New Orleans or Atlanta, my fingerprints were in New Orleans. It seems Atlanta is a little behind all the other DOs, OF COURSE it had to be the one I had to go to UGH! anyway people keep posting your updates to have an idea whats going on there.

Does any one notice that .... recently after May 2009 , who ever has applied for US citizenship, they are getting date in OCT 2009. Previously it was 3 months time, but now it has been increased to 5 months.

That's sad news for those who are waiting to apply for GC based on marriage and waiting outside USA to go through consular processing at us embassy.

Any one have any idea about why the processing time has been increased from 3-4 months to 5-6 months?

If is any help, when I called USICS yesterday the lady told me that Atlanta was processing now JUNE 30th applications....I dont know how accourate this is, or what it means for that matter lol

If is any help, when I called USICS yesterday the lady told me that Atlanta was processing now JUNE 30th applications....I dont know how accourate this is, or what it means for that matter lol

Mine is June 9th application and there is no news about interview from Atlanta DO.