Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Chilax!

It's relative. As you can see below, mine took a month!

It has been almost 2weeks since i received the NOA, and usually the fingerprints notification follows within 1 week, but i have not received anything in the mail? Any thoughts? My be i am jumping the gun, but i have seen that whenever i post something on the forum something comes my way!!! Let it be :)

05/29/09: N400 Application sent
06/03/09: N400 Application received
06/08/09: Check cashed
06/25/09: FP Appointment notice Received: FP appointment Date set to 07/02/09
07/02/09: FP taken
?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's relative. As you can see below, mine took a month!

?

I received my FP notices over the weekend and they are scheduled for Sep 18th around 1:00PM. Just wanted to know if kids are allowed at the Collier St facility?

I received my FP notices over the weekend and they are scheduled for Sep 18th around 1:00PM. Just wanted to know if kids are allowed at the Collier St facility?

When I went I didn't bring anyone but it looked like they did not let family members in, they had to sit outside. Also no bags allowed.

Only applicant is allowed. The officer told me to leave my purse, cell phone, etc with my friend outside, and only take FP letter and Green card.

No one is allowed except the applicant.

Thanks to all of you for replying. Just another quick question? Would it help to expedite the application if i were to take the FP's early? or it really does not matter? thanks..

My self and my wife went for FP along with my kids (3 and 6 year old) on Aug 22nd 2009. They allowed our kids with us.

Thanks

My self and my wife went for FP along with my kids (3 and 6 year old) on Aug 22nd 2009. They allowed our kids with us.

Thanks

Shri, do they accept the walk-ins on saturdays? I am thinking that maybe i'll go earlier on Saturday, Sept 12th instead of scheduled Sept FP's for 18th with my kids! thanks...

Hi Tufan,

I am in a similar situation to where you were recently.
Mailed out N400 on August 13 from ATL.
Received at Lewisville, TX on August 14th.
NOA (I797-C) dated August 17th.
From the receipt date it's been 2 weeks, 2 days - still no FP notice.
Maybe I am getting a bit antsy - but am just concerned that I didnt loose these in the mail somehow.
Probably too early to call the 800 375 5283 line ..

Besides DonATL (22 days from N400 receipt date to FP notice), are there others who have had a such a long delay between the N400 receipt and FP notice? (in the recent 2-3 months)..

Regards and all the best to everyone on their apps,
Lalit

Hi all,

Just called USCIS. They havent mailed out anything other than the I797C NOA. They asked me to wait till 18th September (30 days after NOA) and if the FP notice is not mailed out by then , to register a case for non delivery of FP notice.

- Lalit

@ WalidZeid & aniretaka

I've noticed that your cases are few days apart from mine and that you’ve received your CFR almost a month ago. I’m wondering if one of you called the USCIS to inquire about their processing time and what was their answer (Few people in this forum seemed to have obtain meaningful answers by calling USCIS).

What is your timeframe, shri999?

?

Hi all,

Just called USCIS. They havent mailed out anything other than the I797C NOA. They asked me to wait till 18th September (30 days after NOA) and if the FP notice is not mailed out by then , to register a case for non delivery of FP notice.

- Lalit

Hi Lalit, I think you'll get your notices by end of this week. It's my guess that USCIS were busy sending the Interview letters for all the May filers and they are just backed up. No need to panic as i believe that even after FP's the process will take minimum 2-3 months for an Interview date as i have noticed from dates of other filers. So it's like doing your time first as to wait in the FP queue or Inteview letter queue? You know what i mean? There is no hard and fast rule!! In some areas mail delivery has been stopped on some days and also due to up coming long weekend things could get delayed. I wouldn't comleted trust the USCIS hotline as the reps can say anything they want and you'll get the standard answer most of the time. What is your Green Card approval date?

Cfr

@Tufan:
I've noticed that you have a CFR?
Not everyone receive a CFR letter. Matter facts, most people don’t.

It has been almost 2weeks since i received the NOA, and usually the fingerprints notification follows within 1 week, but i have not received anything in the mail? Any thoughts? My be i am jumping the gun, but i have seen that whenever i post something on the forum something comes my way!!! Let it be :)

DonATL, i just copied the signature file from someone else. Thanks for the good words, and i hope i don't get a CFR! :)I was not sure if everyone gets it, but you cleared the confusion. I"ll remove from my sig file.......

On the second note i have seen sometimes people get CFR requesting certain documents to bring at the inteview, ex: tax returns, driver's license etc!!! Correct me if i am wrong!

DonATL, i just copied the signature file from someone else. Thanks for the good words, and i hope i don't get a CFR!

I've never considered the CFR to be bad. If anything, it's a sign that USCIS has completed their initial review and you're probably queued for an interview. My wife an I each received the CFR; hers just asked her to bring her Driver's License or other state ID; mine asked for my DL and passport.

Nothing scary.