Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

:confused: Growing concerned

I’m growing concerned about the pace of the USCIS progress! Does anyone who applied in June receive an interview date yet?
My friend who applied in April had her naturalization 3 weeks ago. What is driving this slowness?

I applied May 5 and still don't have an interview letter... I have not seen anyone who applied past May 5 get their ILs yet. Seems like ATL has ground to a standstill. I wonder if the backdating ATL progress by 2 months (ATL office was backdated from 1/1/09 to 11/1/08 a month ago). has anything to do with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just want to give a quick update. My wife has completed the Citizenship interview at 7.45 AM today and passed. She has oath at 2.00 PM today in Atlanta. She lost her interview letter, but they let her in (she took fingerprinting appointment letter, NOA and CFR). The immigration officer asked her birth certificate and my wife does not have one. But that didn't create any problems. They asked her Driver's license, Indian passport, Green card. The IO didn't ask anything else. All Civic questions are from the book and she answered first six questions.

I will update the after the oath ceremeny, but it will be very smooth and fun.

Thanks to all of you for posting your comments.

Timeline:
04/29/09: Application sent
04/30/09: Application received
04/30/09: Priority date
05/29/09: FP appointment
07/07/09: Interview Letter Received
08/13/09: Interview at 7.45 A.M
08/13/09: Interview passed and oath at 2.00 PM

Thanks for the LIVE update!!! Congratulations to both of you....!

any1 tried calling level 2 IO to figure out whats up or making an info pass to atlanta DO? on another note, I had a dream that i made an infopass appt. then went up to the desk and the lady IO asked if i could take my interview now. I said yes then woke up .... lol. it would be great if all of a sudden you get an IL requesting to appear next week..

Checks cashed

Both checks for myself and my spouse were cashed on 8/13, does that mean there were no issues with the contents of the application? I might get the "return receipt" and "NOA" today or tomorrow in the mail. thanks..

LOL at this point I am afraid I get an interview letter asking me to appear previous week!

It's funny how I was thinking about that the other day.
I am so ready to get this over with. it seems like every immigration process I have been on, slows down when I get onboard. First it was my AOS, then removal of conditions and now this. I am tired of looking in my mail box for the letter.

Both checks for myself and my spouse were cashed on 8/13, does that mean there were no issues with the contents of the application? I might get the "return receipt" and "NOA" today or tomorrow in the mail. thanks..

It means that they have accepted your package and it has met the inital screening criteria (e.g eligibilty). Your NOA should arrive within a week.

I am so ready to get this over with. it seems like every immigration process I have been on, slows down when I get onboard. First it was my AOS, then removal of conditions and now this. I am tired of looking in my mail box for the letter.
I feel that way also.. each time..things just go crawling then to a standstill ..then when I am off, its moving fast..Case in point VSC..

Thanks for the words i wanted to read that the initial eligibility was good. I am praying for all May filers and even for those who filed before and after, and do hope that things workout for all of you. I have followed this forum for past 8-9 years starting from back in 2001 with my AOS when my GC got stuck. People have come and gone, but always i have found this forum full of smart people and those people who you could talk freely and provide a moral support. Please don't be disharted as our time will come and sometimes when that light at the end of the tunnel feels not too far the anxiety builts in!!! Good luck to all!!! Be Patient, as our in almost near..!!

Wait and Wait again!

Another week has passed and... nothing :( Now it's a full month since I received the yellow leter.

I guess we, all, need to increase our patience treshold level! I never received anything since I did my FP on 07/02! Given the recent timeline update on USCIS site, I suspect that the IL we'll start following soon!
(PS: This is a guess, calling the immagration officer did not provide me with any valuable information!)

Hi all -
Had my fingerprint appointment today. Slight problem finding the place as my GPS took me to the offices next door. They had no problem with my thumb that I cut on a tin of corned beef last week - doesn't bleed but big scar across it.

So I'm in the same boat as you guys - just at the back near the toilets.

Do have one question - at fingerprinting they gave me a booklet that I left at the centre. Is this important? I have printed the interview questions off the internet, but is there anything else in it?

Timeline
Atlanta DO
06/24/04 : GC received
07/23/09 : Mailed N-400 (just 5 first class stamps)
07/27/09 : N-400 Received/Priority date
08/19/09 : FP Done as per schedule

Do have one question - at fingerprinting they gave me a booklet that I left at the centre. Is this important? I have printed the interview questions off the internet, but is there anything else in it?

The booklet is essentially printed version of this PDF:http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/M-476.pdf

Besides the booklet the package contains a CD with the 100 questions in audio format so you can study in your car while driving.