Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

He got his Oath letter by mail in two weeks but schedule date of three weeks. So the entire saga (after the interview lasted) 5 weeks.

Thank you atlraj;
Just curious. Do you know if your friend had requested for a name change ?.
Was it a judicial oath?.
TIA.

Had my interview and oath today. Interview appointment time was at 9:05 am, I got there at 8:45, they called me in at 11:30... :( Passed, everything was fine. They let me out at 12:30. Needed a copy of my birth certificate and a translation. So, bring it with you. The officer didn't ask for any of the supporting documentation (tax transcripts, bills, proof of life together with the hubby). She did look at the driver's license and passport.
The oath was at 2 pm. Parking is limited, so get there at about 1:20 for it. Plus, security sometimes takes about 10+ minutes.

P.S. If you have time to eat, just down the Lavista road (next light on the left) there is Taco Bell and Jason's deli, and a little farther - McDonald's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you atlraj;
Just curious. Do you know if your friend had requested for a name change ?.
Was it a judicial oath?.
TIA.

No it was not a judicial oath. I know for sure Judicial oaths are once every four months thats what I was told when I took info pass for my case.

No it was not a judicial oath. I know for sure Judicial oaths are once every four months thats what I was told when I took info pass for my case.

Does anyone know when USCIS Atlanta office hold Judicial oaths? If its every 4 months when will be the next one?

Thanks

Thanks atlraj for the information.
I would really love to have at least the oath-date scheduled before I leave the place. I will be travelling overseas by the end of march. I would love to get the passport before hand. If I get the US passport in time, I will not be needing a visa to one of the countries that I will be travelling to. I am also dreaded about missing the oath ceremony while overseas :(.

Folks.
Do you think I will be able to walk-in an hour earlier for the interview ?.

Good for all of you guys. I wish I can get my citizenship this year. What I'm afraid of and worried about are my frequent trips, totalling 330 days in the last 5 years I was here in United States. I will be 5 years on Feb 7, and I applied December last year. Do you think I have to wait for another year more to make up for those almost a year of being out of the United States?

Received duplicate receipt

Yesterday I received a duplicate receipt from NBC but has no new info on it. Is this common practice? Has anyone else received such duplicate receipt?

I received my interview letter today,it is March 11,09.
I have a quick question,do I need to take my wife with me or should I just go alone?Letter also asked for birth certificate of my wife (original) is this common? I never heard of this before.

Got my interview letter too for March 10. I never thought it would be this quick. What I'm worried about is my frequent absences totalling 310 days so far and I will be going home again next week and be back by March 5 for 25 days, which makes 335 days!! The longest absence so far was 145 days. I will have 7 trips by the time of interview. Whew!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm hoping for the best so I can get my wife and kid. Please pray for me guys..
My timeline so far
12/08/08- mailed N-400
12/12/08- PD
12/26/08- FP notice received
12/30/08- FP done (walk-in)
02/02/09- IL received
03/10/09- Interview date
0?/0?/0?- Oath date

I received my interview letter today,it is March 11,09.
I have a quick question,do I need to take my wife with me or should I just go alone?Letter also asked for birth certificate of my wife (original) is this common? I never heard of this before.

It is very common. They just want to see the birth cert. Make a good copy of it.

In ref. to your wife, she will not be able to come in. Sorry.:D

Kids in the in the interview room

Hello All.

I got my interview letter and interview is scheduled to be later in this month.
I live about 4 hours drive from the Atlanta DO and interview is at 8:45 AM.
I have to take care of 3 kids( ages 8, 6 and a 6 months old-My husband is travelling and is overseas). It is hard to find reliable baby sitters where we live.
I am planning to drive to Atlanta the night before, taking the kids with me, and stay in a hotel room, so that I can be there on time.

My question is this:
Do they allow young children during the interview, especially the infant ?.

Please share your experience with this. I am a bit confused as what to do:confused:

Thank you all in advance.

Received IL

I received IL yesterday for 3/12/9 afternoon. I guess that rules out oath the same day, if I get approved.

My case status did disappear from USCIS website late last week.

I did receive a standard letter that asks for 'any evidence for SS registration'. Although I have requested such letter from SS in the 2nd week of January I am yet to receive one.

How long does it usually take for them to send status letter?

How soon does Atlanta DO offer oath for afternoon interviews?

I received IL yesterday for 3/12/9 afternoon. I guess that rules out oath the same day, if I get approved.

My case status did disappear from USCIS website late last week.

I did receive a standard letter that asks for 'any evidence for SS registration'. Although I have requested such letter from SS in the 2nd week of January I am yet to receive one.

How long does it usually take for them to send status letter?

How soon does Atlanta DO offer oath for afternoon interviews?

6/7 weeks for the SSS status letter.-:D

Hello Friends,
I received my FP notice with the date of Feb 17th. It looks like things are moving real quick these days.
I have a problem though. I plan to travel sometime in the end of May for three weeks.
If I do get my interview date before that, can I still leave the country with my passport and then return and take the oath.
I would really appreciate if someone can help. Thanks

Timeline :

01/10/09- mailed N-400
11/24/09- PD
02/04/09- FP notice received
02/17/09- FP date

When does one get the citizenship? Is it after the interview or after the oath ?
When does one's original passport become invalid ?

Timeline :

01/10/09- mailed N-400
11/24/09- PD
02/04/09- FP notice received
02/17/09- FP date

When does one get the citizenship? Is it after the interview or after the oath ?
When does one's original passport become invalid ?

You will become citizen once you take oath.
same for passport also.

Thank you both,

So, even if I am done with the interview, I can go to my country come back and take the oath..