Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Interview took about 15 min.; very business-like. Had to wait for another hour after the interview to receive my ceremony appointment for 2 pm the same day.

Overall, I am very satisfied w/ the experience. Also, the new home of USCIS on Parklake Drive is very corporate (unless you visit the 4th floor, asylum cases).

Received interview notice today with an appointment date of Dec 9, 2008.

Moving right along...

Hi All,

I finally became a US Citizen on Dec 15. I wanted to thank all of you who have supported and helped during the process. The whole journey was just over 2 years. Here is my timeline:

Priority Date: 12/4/2006
FP 1: 12/28/2006
FP2: 10/22/2008
Int/Oath: 12/15/2008

I was scheduled for 8.15 but was called in at about 9.15am. Nothing to note about it other than the officer ran through the application and double checked everything for changes. Didnt ask for any documents not even DL. Did the 6 questions and wrote a sentence and that was it. Was told to come at 2pm for the oath.

Good luck to all who are waiting. hang in there.

BTW: The officer was extremely polite and courteous. Oath ceremony was quite emotional.

My time line:

Application received on December 11,08.
Priority date: Dec. 11,08
Notice date: Dec. 17,08
Check cashed date: Dec. 18,08
NOA received date: Dec. 23,08

I have a question,I have been arrested couple of months ago and my case was dismissed and I have a certified letter that no formal charges have ever been brought against me.I did include that letter to my application.Will this somehow complicate my app. process? What kinds of questions should I expect at the interview?
Will this arrest affect my FPs?It is misdemeanor and was a false arrest if you ask me.What should I expect because of this arrest?
thanks for any feedback.

If you weren't convicted and have included the court documents stating the same so you should be fine.
The IO might ask you details about the case since the arrest will show up in their system. Never provide more details than needed, especially if the details indicate of a measure of guilt on your part.

If you weren't convicted and have included the court documents stating the same so you should be fine.
The IO might ask you details about the case since the arrest will show up in their system. Never provide more details than needed, especially if the details indicate of a measure of guilt on your part.

Thanks,Bobsmyth.
So should I be vague about it?What if they will insist on the details? What kind of information should I give them? It was a simple battery arrest and I was falsely arrested,person who called on me gave an affidavit stating that nothing happened and that charges were not accurate so solicitor's office dropped my case before the court date and gave me a letter.I have never been convicted and never had any records prior to this arrest.I do,however,realize that this may look fishy and IO may start asking questions,I am just not sure how I should respond to questions,would it be OK to say I don't want to give all the details?Or should I just say that it was a simple battery arrest and I was falsely accused and the case was dropped and stop there?
thanks for input.

Bring the court documents and affidavit to interview.
What I mean by not providing more details than needed is don't provide any potentially self incriminating information (ex: "I threatened to beat the guy up since he was hitting on my girlfriend/wife".)

Well,this is going pretty fast.I just hope that it will be as smooth as this all the way to the ending,time line:

FP letter received: Dec. 26,08
FP Appointment: Jan 06,09

Well,this is going pretty fast.I just hope that it will be as smooth as this all the way to the ending,time line:

FP letter received: Dec. 26,08
FP Appointment: Jan 06,09

We almost got the same timeline. Upon reading your post, I went to my mailbox right away (12/26) and I got the same FP appointment as you do. My appointment time is 2pm. I will try to inquire if its possible to come earlier though, since I got to work that same day night shift to catch some sleep.

We almost got the same timeline. Upon reading your post, I went to my mailbox right away (12/26) and I got the same FP appointment as you do. My appointment time is 2pm. I will try to inquire if its possible to come earlier though, since I got to work that same day night shift to catch some sleep.

You maybe able to walk in earlier,I've had two FP appointments in the past and they are usually not strict with time.My appointment is at 1:00 pm ET so I will just drive up there at my lunch.I wonder where the interview is going to be,I guess it will be at a new USCIS facility over on I-285.

Received fingerprint notice on 12/26/8. No change in online status and no indication of this notice being sent.

Anyone with fingerprinting appt in next few days/weeks could try and go for walk in. This was informed by a worker at ATL fingerprinting center. They are very slow and are allowing almost all walk in clients. When I walked in there were hardly any people in there and I was out in less than 30 minutes.

Received my interview letter yesterday.
Timeline so far:
N400 mailed to TSC : 10/18/2008
N400 Received by TSC: 10/21/2008
Check Cashed Date : 10/22/2008
N400 TSC Priority Date: 10/22/2008
FP Notice received Date: 10/28/2008
FP Date: -- 11/21/2008 (completed)
Interview Notice Date: 12/19/2008
Interview Letter received Date:12/27/2008
Interview Date: 02/09/2009 (12:30 pm)
Oath Date: --

Received my interview letter yesterday.
Timeline so far:
N400 mailed to TSC : 10/18/2008
N400 Received by TSC: 10/21/2008
Check Cashed Date : 10/22/2008
N400 TSC Priority Date: 10/22/2008
FP Notice received Date: 10/28/2008
FP Date: -- 11/21/2008 (completed)
Interview Notice Date: 12/19/2008
Interview Letter received Date:12/27/2008
Interview Date: 02/09/2009 (12:30 pm)
Oath Date: --

Your timeline seems so fast.
When you filed your N-400, did you already reach your 5 years or 3 years(if married to a US citizen) or did you apply 90 days before you reached your 5year /3 year mark?
Did you have any trips abroad prior to your application?

Received fingerprint notice on 12/26/8. No change in online status and no indication of this notice being sent.

Anyone with fingerprinting appt in next few days/weeks could try and go for walk in. This was informed by a worker at ATL fingerprinting center. They are very slow and are allowing almost all walk in clients. When I walked in there were hardly any people in there and I was out in less than 30 minutes.

Is the USCIS open everyday? What time do they usually open? My FP appt is on the 6th but I want to walk in so I can get this over with as soon as possible.