Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Congratulations Hi Friend..good to see that everything worked out after moving from Charlotte to Atlanta.
You can apply for passport at passport port acceptance facilities..search the US department of state website to determine the closest one in your area:

http://iafdb.travel.state.gov/

Thanx Bob..

Just now I called that PP appointment number.
Here is my situation. I have my travel iternary to india for 11/29/08
what is best option now? go to agency thru appointment?
or how fast it is in ATLANTA for EXP process to get PP, if I ask them for
OVER NIGHT service?
Anybody applied thru EXP process for PP in ATL & got it in less than one week? please post here.
If not, I am thinking about go to agency tomorrow. thanx..

Thanx Bob..
Actually this morning I went to Post office & applied thru OVER NIGHT (expedite) option. He said in Atlanta this service also fast like citizenship process and I gonna get PP in 3 to 7 days. That is what he said..
let us see how it goes..

I completed my FP today @ Atlanta office. It took me about 15 minutes total. I showed up 1:30 hr early and they did not say anything.

N400 mailed to TSC : 10/18/2008
N400 Received by TSC: 10/21/2008
Check Cashed Date : 10/22/2008
N400 TSC Priority Date: 10/22/2008
FP Notice received Date: 10/28/2008
FP Date: -- 11/21/2008 (completed)
Interview Notice Date: --
Interview Letter recieved Date: --
Interview Date: --
Oath Date: --

Right now it's taking about 10-15 days for regular service. Expedited service by mail isn't much faster (~7-10 days). Your best bet is to go to a national passport agency, but unfortunately Atlanta doesn't have one.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/about/agencies/agencies_913.html

--------------

Friends,

Just now I called PP info line & got update like they sent out my PP Y'day for over night delivery & I am waiting at home for USPS person.
So, in my case, in ATL, it take only 3 or 4 business days for PP thru EXPEDITE
service. I sent out on this Monday. Just FYI..thanx..

And couple of remaining things for me:
Can I really need to surrounder my Indian PP? Nobody asked me for that on
Interview date?
Looks like I need to call SSN office about my status. How important is that?
Thanx again..

Technically you should surrender your Indian passport at Indian consulate, but in reality all they require is for you not to use it anymore.
You need to update status with SSN to make sure you are eligible for full benefits when you retire.

Anyone know how many guests are allowed at the oath ceremony? For some reason people want to come see what all the fuss is about. ;-)

It's Over...

Here is my info:

D/O : Atlanta
07/11/08 : N-400 Mailed to Texas.
07/13/08 : N-400 Received.
07/16/08 : Check Cashed.
07/14/08 : Priority Date.
07/17/08 : Notice Date.
07/24/08 : NOA Received ( I-797C) - Expect 450 days for notification????
07/31/08 : FP Notice Received.
08/08/08 : FP Appointment/FP Done
08/18/08 : Case File Review Notice/Interview Document Check list: Bring divers license to interview or Photo ID. - Notice day 08/13/08:(
10/11/08 : Interview Letter.
11/25/08 : Interview Date/Oath :)

Just got done with my Interview and Oath. In total today, about 170 people took the Oath and the room was full. As for guest 2-3 max will be advisable, but it depends on how busy they will be on the day. The room today was full and plenty of guests had to stand.

Congrats atlanta123!

Can you elaborate on interview experience, any out of the blue question, experience? What documents you took?

Thanks.
Here is my info:

D/O : Atlanta
07/11/08 : N-400 Mailed to Texas.
07/13/08 : N-400 Received.
07/16/08 : Check Cashed.
07/14/08 : Priority Date.
07/17/08 : Notice Date.
07/24/08 : NOA Received ( I-797C) - Expect 450 days for notification????
07/31/08 : FP Notice Received.
08/08/08 : FP Appointment/FP Done
08/18/08 : Case File Review Notice/Interview Document Check list: Bring divers license to interview or Photo ID. - Notice day 08/13/08:(
10/11/08 : Interview Letter.
11/25/08 : Interview Date/Oath :)

Congrats atlanta123!

Can you elaborate on interview experience, any out of the blue question, experience? What documents you took?

Thanks.

There are no "out of the blue" questions in the interview; all they do is walk through your application form to verify nothing has changed (and your answers are consistent). They then ask you which set of questions you want to use (if you applied before 1st Oct), and then 10 questions from "the guide" and ask you to write a sentence.

That's all there is to it. The interview letter tells you all the docs you need to bring, together with any that had been identified in the "yellow" form (mine didn't have a form number...look back a few pages, several of us received it). I took birth certificate, green card, passport, arrest record (speeding charge),and I think that was all.

Thanks FNM.

When Officer goes thru the application and asks questions (for consistency or whatever reason), can we read/refer to the copy of the application by keeping it in our hands before answering? Or we have to answer them by heart?

TIA.

There are no "out of the blue" questions in the interview; all they do is walk through your application form to verify nothing has changed (and your answers are consistent). They then ask you which set of questions you want to use (if you applied before 1st Oct), and then 10 questions from "the guide" and ask you to write a sentence.

That's all there is to it. The interview letter tells you all the docs you need to bring, together with any that had been identified in the "yellow" form (mine didn't have a form number...look back a few pages, several of us received it). I took birth certificate, green card, passport, arrest record (speeding charge),and I think that was all.

Thanks FNM.

When Officer goes thru the application and asks questions (for consistency or whatever reason), can we read/refer to the copy of the application by keeping it in our hands before answering? Or we have to answer them by heart?

TIA.

1) As far as I know, you can't (and it would look very suspicious if you did)
2) These aren't the types of questions you should need to memorize unless you lied on the application... Have you ever been arrested, have you ever advocated the overthrow of government, etc. They aren't asking for dates of trips, employment, old houses, etc., just whether it has changed or not (and if you've taken any overseas trips since your application)

Last edited by a moderator:
1) As far as I know, you can't (and it would look very suspicious if you did)
2) These aren't the types of questions you should need to memorize unless you lied on the application... Have you ever been arrested, have you ever advocated the overthrow of government, etc. They aren't asking for dates of trips, employment, old houses, etc., just whether it has changed or not (and if you've taken any overseas trips since your application)

Thanks FNM.

What a relief! That makes sense. I was thinking whether to memorize everything including employement dates, dates for places where we resided, dates of trips and number of days for those trips.

TSC and N400 Version

couple of quick questions:

1. Should I still use the version of N400 that expired on 10/31/08? I dont see a newer version on web site.

2. Where to mail the form? TSC?

couple of quick questions:

1. Should I still use the version of N400 that expired on 10/31/08? I dont see a newer version on web site.

2. Where to mail the form? TSC?

Continue to use the current form until further notice from USCIS. File to the service center that covers your area. For Atlanta that would be TSC.

i got the invitation to the initial interview. Strange, I thought it'd be at the same location downtown where we had our AOS interview, but the invitation says: come to 2150 Parklake Dr NE Atlanta, GA 30345. Does yours?

is there free parking?

So, less than 4 months from the date of application to the interview date.

Last edited by a moderator: