Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

interview scheduled

I called USCIS today. IO told my interview is scheduled for june 5th. letter was sent on may 20th.

atltodallas: good to hear about your case, good luck man...

i'm done, i received my passport today

thanks dsmportal. my interview is at 12.45. i see you had it at the same time. I hope i can make it to oath on same day .

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks dsmportal. my interview is at 12.45. i see you had it at the same time. I hope i can make it to oath on same day .

i was very luck that IO squeeze me for the same day oath and i have seen people whos interview was at 12:00 noon was called at 1:15pm so its pure on your luck, i would say 50 - 50 % chances otherwise you will be called for satarday oath cermoney.

again best of luck and let us know how it went.

New application

Hello,

I would be filing for my citizenship soon.
I got my green card mid-June 2005(employer based) and was then married in end of June - my wife was already a US citizen.

Would appreciate if I can get some answers to the questions:

1. Can I apply for citizenship by virtue of 3 years being married to a US citizen and a Permanent Resident for 3 years?
2. What documents do I need to send to USCIS for this? Only N400 and photographs?
3. Is the fee still $595+80(as listed on the USCIS website? Or have I missed something?
4. I was always a resident of Atlanta - Do I file at Atlanta or send it to Texas Service Center?
5. Can I file for my mother I-130 as soon as I complete the oath and become a citizen?
6. What kind of timeline am I looking at as far as Atlanta or Texas Service Center is concerned?

Thanks.

Follow this link

Hello,

I would be filing for my citizenship soon.
I got my green card mid-June 2005(employer based) and was then married in end of June - my wife was already a US citizen.

Would appreciate if I can get some answers to the questions:

1. Can I apply for citizenship by virtue of 3 years being married to a US citizen and a Permanent Resident for 3 years?
2. What documents do I need to send to USCIS for this? Only N400 and photographs?
3. Is the fee still $595+80(as listed on the USCIS website? Or have I missed something?
4. I was always a resident of Atlanta - Do I file at Atlanta or send it to Texas Service Center?
5. Can I file for my mother I-130 as soon as I complete the oath and become a citizen?
6. What kind of timeline am I looking at as far as Atlanta or Texas Service Center is concerned?

Thanks.

Have you visited this site lately. Please refer to the following link and all your questions will be answered. Also no need to contact Peer Sayed Sahib.....heheheheh.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Yes, you will be able to file for adjustment of status (I-130, I485 and other forms) for your mom as soon as you become USC.
I have seen people getting naturalized as early as 2 months. I wasn't one of the lucky peopke, I had to wait about 22 months. I'd say if your background check clears soon, I'd say an average time is from 6-9 months.

interview and oath completed

My wife and I had our interviews today at the Parklake Dr office and by the grace of God it was a smooth experience. Details:
- went in with both kids (4yrs, 10mos) for 10:25 interview.
- I was called a lil' after 11. Went through all parts of the form. Mentioned overseas trip after form was turned in which was noted. Questions asked (#s from book): 4, 16, 18, 25, 29, 39, 50, 63, 64, 70.
- Wife was called about 15mins later. Questions asked: 2, 12, 14, 25, 30, 47, 75, 77, 93, 95.
- We were given the option to come back for oath at 2pm which we gladly accepted.
- Oath for 96 people started at 2:15 and concluded by 3pm. We got our naturalization certificates and were out by about 3:15pm.

ironiv, just curious as to how come you were processed so quickly? Did you and your wife have any recent dealings with USCIS? ie: I90...:confused:

Sorry for the delay in responding. No, we did not have an I-90 or any such... We got our GC ~ 2001 and could have applied a while ago. Dunno if that as a bearing.

03/28/08 N-400 sent to TSC/DO Atlanta
04/01/08 N-400 received by TSC
04/13/08 NOA received
04/01/08 PD
04/17/08 FP letter received
04/25/08 FP appointment
05/10/08 received IL
05/28/08 interview date.

my interview was schedule at 12:05 .i went on the second floor around 11:00 got stamped on my IL.then i waited in sitting area and i was called in at 12:20. .officer went thru my application asking me questions about it. then told me to write the sentence .read the sentence. then asked me 10 civics questions(all from 96 questions) answered them .while he was asking questions he was finishing his paper work . then he took my signatures on application .got photo signed and then congratulated me and asked if i can take oath today . and yes i did. then he kept my green card and gave letter that i passed the test and told me to wait out side for oath letter. Interview took about 10 minutes,and at about 1:20 i got the oath letter. then they lined up the people for oath ceremony .my certificate wasn't ready before oath so they told me to get it after the oath ceremony is over from the window on the opposite side of the hall.About 104 people took oath yesterday and got their citizenship .and after oath ceremony I got my certificate of citizenship.

My brother he had the same time line as me.he had a interview at the same time too.but at around 12:45 the officer who was going to take his interview came in the waiting area and told him that they didn't received his file yet ,so they will reschedule the interview and he will get his interview letter in the mail in 2 to 3 weeks.. also I have seen one more lady with the same problem.is there any body had the same experience and get the interview letter second time i have question for them that.....
how long does it take to get the second interview letter?

and Best Of Luck to all the people who r waiting for their interview.

Thanks everybody on this forum .

03/28/08 N-400 sent to TSC/DO Atlanta
04/01/08 N-400 received by TSC
04/13/08 NOA received
04/01/08 PD
04/17/08 FP letter received
04/25/08 FP appointment
05/10/08 received IL
05/28/08 interview date.

my interview was schedule at 12:05 .i went on the second floor around 11:00 got stamped on my IL.then i waited in sitting area and i was called in at 12:20. .officer went thru my application asking me questions about it. then told me to write the sentence .read the sentence. then asked me 10 civics questions(all from 96 questions) answered them .while he was asking questions he was finishing his paper work . then he took my signatures on application .got photo signed and then congratulated me and asked if i can take oath today . and yes i did. then he kept my green card and gave letter that i passed the test and told me to wait out side for oath letter. Interview took about 10 minutes,and at about 1:20 i got the oath letter. then they lined up the people for oath ceremony .my certificate wasn't ready before oath so they told me to get it after the oath ceremony is over from the window on the opposite side of the hall.About 104 people took oath yesterday and got their citizenship .and after oath ceremony I got my certificate of citizenship.

My brother he had the same time line as me.he had a interview at the same time too.but at around 12:45 the officer who was going to take his interview came in the waiting area and told him that they didn't received his file yet ,so they will reschedule the interview and he will get his interview letter in the mail in 2 to 3 weeks.. also I have seen one more lady with the same problem.is there any body had the same experience and get the interview letter second time i have question for them that.....
how long does it take to get the second interview letter?

and Best Of Luck to all the people who r waiting for their interview.

Thanks everybody on this forum .

Congratulations..simple amazing timeline !!If you have oath on same date as interview timeline will be under 2 months !!!

Congratulations ironiv

My wife and I had our interviews today at the Parklake Dr office and by the grace of God it was a smooth experience. Details:
- went in with both kids (4yrs, 10mos) for 10:25 interview.
- I was called a lil' after 11. Went through all parts of the form. Mentioned overseas trip after form was turned in which was noted. Questions asked (#s from book): 4, 16, 18, 25, 29, 39, 50, 63, 64, 70.
- Wife was called about 15mins later. Questions asked: 2, 12, 14, 25, 30, 47, 75, 77, 93, 95.
- We were given the option to come back for oath at 2pm which we gladly accepted.
- Oath for 96 people started at 2:15 and concluded by 3pm. We got our naturalization certificates and were out by about 3:15pm.

Congratulations ironiv :D:D:D
You are the record holder I have seen so far from Priority date to oath completion 3/31-5/27 is less than 2 months... wow Atlanta DO is sprinting :D:D:D

Thank you Atlanta_brother

I checked the website and the details on that.

What is everyone's experience here? Is it quicker if the case is filed through an attorney? Or it does not matter?

Also, wanted to confirm, since I have been in Atlanta all the while, I should file it at the Atlanta Center?
Thanks

Also...

will I have any problems because my green card was obtained through the employer sponsorship, but I am filing my citizenship by virtue of being married to a US citizen?

Thanks

will I have any problems because my green card was obtained through the employer sponsorship, but I am filing my citizenship by virtue of being married to a US citizen?

Thanks

There's no issues with applying for naturalization by marriage based on GC obtained through employer sponsorship.

I checked the website and the details on that.
Details on what?

What is everyone's experience here? Is it quicker if the case is filed through an attorney? Or it does not matter?
Filing through attorney doesn't speed up processing.
Also, wanted to confirm, since I have been in Atlanta all the while, I should file it at the Atlanta Center?
Thanks
If you're referring to naturalization , you'd file to Texas Service Center, not Atlanta. Make sure to read the naturalization instructions in both n-400 and M-476 before you send off your application.

Bobsmyth

Thank you BobSmyth. That helps. Will probably file the application without an attorney.

Sorry for the late response. Bobsmyth said exactly what I was gonna write. If u live in Atlanta, you will file your application and send it to TX center for processing.
Good luck.

my interview experience

yesterday I had my interview & oath. my interview was scheduled for 12.45 pm.
i checked in at 12.10. i was called inside at 1 pm. looks like officer had a bad day. she was angry initially. not at all friendly. after 5 minutes or so, after she came to know more about my profession then she was nice to me. little weird though.
she asked me if i can take oath on Saturday. i said i have no problem since i live in atlanta and don't have to travel. after the interview, she asked me to wait outside. around 1.30 i got the letter of approval for 2 pm oath. i was out by 3 pm with the certificate. now i am proud US citizen. I came to US in 1997 on H1B work visa. applied for GC in 1999. became permanent resident in September 2002. today i went to SSA to update SS card. for my wife they just updated the status. for me the lady at the counter said , they are going to issue new SS card with old number. it is replacement card. don't know why. then i went to post office to apply for passport. thanks to this great forum. my journey to become us citizen is completed.

I am glad to just find this forum. Seems most you guys have been OK getting interview within 2-5 months. Mine is approaching 16 months, I am really depressed by this seemingly indefinite delay of naturlization process.
I wrote letter/called to USCIS three times, and every time got same cookie cutter letter saying my case is still under background investigation.
Any of you have idea why my case was so slow and how to proceed further? Thanks.
P.S. I travel a lot to overseas(4 times a year), although all short trips.

TXC/Atlanta
Priority date 2/17/2007
FP:3/23/2007
???