Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

atltodallas,
Congratulations on your wife's citizenship!! I agree with your assessment of the ATL DO. It is a well-run district office and yes traffic ticket did not seem to matter for me either. Mine was also just a warning ticket with no fine, regardless it did not seem to matter at all during interview when I told my IO. They process a lot of people there on a daily basis. I have to say everyone was friendly and professional that I encountered there.

atltodallas,
Congratulations on your wife's citizenship!! I agree with your assessment of the ATL DO. It is a well-run district office and yes traffic ticket did not seem to matter for me either. Mine was also just a warning ticket with no fine, regardless it did not seem to matter at all during interview when I told my IO. They process a lot of people there on a daily basis. I have to say everyone was friendly and professional that I encountered there.

thanks jojo. yeah tickets doesn't matter. every one is friendly and professional.

interview format

Me and my wife have our interview at the same time at the Parklake Dr office in Atlanta on 05/27. We have a nine-month-old who we plan to take with us. Given that the interview is at the same time, will both of us be called at the same time to the same (or different) officer(s)? Do they consider a sequential interview? Thanks.

Me and my wife have our interview at the same time at the Parklake Dr office in Atlanta on 05/27. We have a nine-month-old who we plan to take with us. Given that the interview is at the same time, will both of us be called at the same time to the same (or different) officer(s)? Do they consider a sequential interview? Thanks.

No. you will not interviewed by same officer at same time. your applications are handled separately. if you are called at the same time by different officers, one of you can take your child to the interview room.

ironiv, just curious as to how come you were processed so quickly? Did you and your wife have any recent dealings with USCIS? ie: I90...:confused:

Congratulations though on such a quick processing and I am sure they would be able to make some kind of arrangement with you both....:)

I have been stuck in name check for a while and am thinking of contacting my congressman. Any suggestions on which one I should contact: Representative Tom Price, Senator Isakson or Senator Chambliss?

Planning to send my n-400 on May 11th

Hi,

I am planning to file my N-400 on May 11th,2008 at TSC (I am local to Atlanta) and leave to India for 6 weeks. Do you think I will get finger printing notice within 6 weeks. I am not sure how long it's taking generally. Because if I get the fingerprinting notice, I have to shorten my trip and come back for finger printing. If I get finger printing notice, is there any way I can delay it? (or may be it's not a good idea?) Please advice, your comments are really appreciated.

Thanks

Done with Interview!

My interview was scheduled for 1:25. I reached there @ 12:45, checked in at the second floor and was asked to head toward the waiting room on the third. I was called @ 1:35. The Officer asked me for my interview notice, green card, and driver's license. I also had to provide my child's birth certificate (wasn't on my original application).

• She asked me some basic questions and re-confirmed items listed in my application. She then asked me where my wife was (since my application was marriage based, I guess). I was rather nonplussed and explained that she was at work! I got the impression from that little exchange that the spouse may be required during the interview for marriage-based cases. You would think they would mention that in the Interview Notice!

• I was asked to stand up, raise my right hand and swear that I would speak the truth :|

• She then asked me if I had traveled internationally since I had applied

• I was asked about 6-7 questions on US History and Civics - the usual ones from the question bank (50th state, Thomas Jefferson/Declaration of Independence, type of government, "who becomes president if" scenarios..., Martin Luther King, role of the UN)

• I was then asked to demonstrate my English skills by reading and writing a sentence - what fun.

• A few signatures later - I was given the N-652 and the option to appear for a Saturday Oath. I did ask, but "same day" oath was out of the question.

In all, the interview took about 15 minutes. I spent the next 35-40 minutes in the waiting room for the Saturday Oath Ceremony Notice.

All in all, it was a relatively painless experience. The waiting room was not as crowded as I had initially imagined. An interesting side note - folks who had a certain attorney (agent?) with them seemed to have a relatively easier time. They were motioned in without an actual name call - but I could have been seeing things. :)

This is my advice

Hi,

I am planning to file my N-400 on May 11th,2008 at TSC (I am local to Atlanta) and leave to India for 6 weeks. Do you think I will get finger printing notice within 6 weeks. I am not sure how long it's taking generally. Because if I get the fingerprinting notice, I have to shorten my trip and come back for finger printing. If I get finger printing notice, is there any way I can delay it? (or may be it's not a good idea?) Please advice, your comments are really appreciated.

Thanks

May be you can have any of your relatives or a close friend to mail the N-400 package for you while you are gone. If you are going away for 6 weeks, you can have them mail the paperwork probably 2-3 weeks after your leave US. This way you will know that you will have a high chance of making it for your FP apptt after you get back. Make sure you tell your friend or relative to mail the paperwork using certified mail. This way you will be assured that the package was definitely mailed and will have an idea when they received it at their end. Also send personal check and avoid cashiers check/money order.

My interview was scheduled for 1:25. I reached there @ 12:45, checked in at the second floor and was asked to head toward the waiting room on the third. I was called @ 1:35. The Officer asked me for my interview notice, green card, and driver's license. I also had to provide my child's birth certificate (wasn't on my original application).

• She asked me some basic questions and re-confirmed items listed in my application. She then asked me where my wife was (since my application was marriage based, I guess). I was rather nonplussed and explained that she was at work! I got the impression from that little exchange that the spouse may be required during the interview for marriage-based cases. You would think they would mention that in the Interview Notice!

• I was asked to stand up, raise my right hand and swear that I would speak the truth :|

• She then asked me if I had traveled internationally since I had applied

• I was asked about 6-7 questions on US History and Civics - the usual ones from the question bank (50th state, Thomas Jefferson/Declaration of Independence, type of government, "who becomes president if" scenarios..., Martin Luther King, role of the UN)

• I was then asked to demonstrate my English skills by reading and writing a sentence - what fun.

• A few signatures later - I was given the N-652 and the option to appear for a Saturday Oath. I did ask, but "same day" oath was out of the question.

In all, the interview took about 15 minutes. I spent the next 35-40 minutes in the waiting room for the Saturday Oath Ceremony Notice.

All in all, it was a relatively painless experience. The waiting room was not as crowded as I had initially imagined. An interesting side note - folks who had a certain attorney (agent?) with them seemed to have a relatively easier time. They were motioned in without an actual name call - but I could have been seeing things. :)

Congrats bud, you are almost done.

I'm done now :) alhamdulillah (All Praise to God)

my appointment was at 12:45pm and i was sign-in at 11:01am thinking that i will be called early so that i can have my oath ceremony on same day but i have been called around 1:15pm and like very basic questions and flip flop my file and ask me the civic questions and ask about my wife like where she is at and where she works and what she do... ask about my kid and ask who is taking care of my kid now and i said nanny....anyway... she was very nice lady and she did called somebody to squeeze me in the oath ceremony and luckily i got the same day oath ceremony :) i was very happy about that.....

its all pure luck and i was talking to the guy who have his appointment at 12:00 noon and he called around 1:14pm but he could not able to make it for the oath, its all depend on the IO, if he/she is nice and you done the interview before 1:30pm then your chances are there but again its all depend on the IO.

again, there is nothing to be worried or paranoid for citizenship only if you are clean.

and good luck to all.

i did applied for passport.

ask me if you guys have any questions.

again, thanks to all.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm done now :) thanks God

my appointment was at 12:45pm and i was sign-in at 11:01am thinking that i will be called early so that i can have my oath ceremony on same day but i have been called around 1:15pm and like very basic questions and flip flop my file and ask me the civic questions and ask about my wife like where she is at and where she works and what she do... ask about my kid and ask who is taking care of my kid now and i said nanny....anyway... she was very nice lady and she did called somebody to squeeze me in the oath ceremony and luckily i got the same day oath ceremony :) i was very happy about that.....

again, there is nothing to be worried if you are clean.

and good luck to all.

i did applied for passport.

ask me if you guys have any questions.

again, thanks to all.

What questions did they ask you? By what time were you done?

Received IL today, here is my information
TSA/Atlanta, 5 years base, name change request
11/23/07 Mailed to TSA
11/27/07 Priority date
12/31/07 Check cashed
01/03/08 Received notice
01/28/08 F/P Notice
02/23/08 F/P done on Saturday
04/16/08 Called 800-375-5283 ask why my case number didn't show on internet, transfer to upper level officer. Case is fine, name and F/P not been touched
05/05/08 Interview notice
05/12/08 Interview Letter Received
05/28/08 Interview date

03/28/08 N-400 sent to TSC/DO Atlanta
04/01/08 N-400 received by TSC
04/13/08 NOA received
04/01/08 PD
04/17/08 FP letter received
04/25/08 FP appointment
05/10/08 received IL
05/28/08 interview date.

04/13/08 NOA received
04/01/08 PD
04/25/08 FP appointment
05/10/08 received IL
05/28/08 interview date.

Wow..interview in 2 months from NOA!! Congratulations...USCIS is really getting good at processing new applications faster and letting old ones behind.

That was a good one, hahahaha

Wow..interview in 2 months from NOA!! Congratulations...USCIS is really getting good at processing new applications faster and letting old ones behind.

Man you made my day, that was a good one. Infact I was thinking about this the other day. Not that I am against USCIS for processing applications in 2-3 montys, that awesome actually but if u think about it, what USCIS is doin is, forgetting about the old pending applications which needs serious attention for the last so many years and focusing on processing the new ones immediately & get them out of the way.......what a joke.......huh

04/13/08 NOA received
04/01/08 PD
04/25/08 FP appointment
05/10/08 received IL
05/28/08 interview date.

congrats asmi. you are super fast. less than 2 months wow...

i dont see any status on my passport and when i check my status i get the message (see below) and also my check is not cashed and its has been 9 days to this day.

i get this message:

Your passport application was not found. It is possible your application has not made it into our system yet.