Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Since I am married to a soldier I got to call the military helpline for USCIS ( thanks Gated Gal ) and spoke to a very nice lady. She said everything was looking good and that my file was moving along just fine. In fact she said it was already being forwarded to my ATL/DO which they should receive it within the next 2 weeks or so. Can I safely assume that when the file is forwarded to the DO that the name check and fingerprinting has been cleared? Also does anyone have a time frame for ATL/DO as to how long it approximately takes for the ATL/DO to issue a interview letter upon receipt of the file? ANy input is appreciated

You won't believe this !! Please read on ...

I just called USCIS to check that they have indeed corrected a typo in my last name. The service representative was nice, and said this is an issue to be corrected immediately. She actually said, "you have to fight it all the way", and said she will transfer me to a 'warm person' instead of a system transfer to the department. Like, I said, she was a super service representative.

The IO came on the line, verified my name, DOB, and A# - and confirmed my last name has indeed been corrected in the system. When I was about to thank him and hang up, he said, 'I have some bonus information for you', and went on to say my interview/test has been scheduled for Wednesday, April 16th, and that the notice has been sent out this afternoon. I was ecstatic, and confirmed that my wife's test date is also the same (I had to get her on the line for that).

An awesome experience.

Please look at my timeline below.

Good luck to all.

Congrats!!!! I am very happy for you and your wife. Let's hope things keep on moving for all of us

Wow

That is great Ravi.
you are PD is almost two months behind me and you are getting a interview letter. congrats.

Is there any change in your online case status? Like Last updated date or any information about change in status that reflects IL being sent? Congratulations for your speedy processing.

Is there any change in your online case status? Like Last updated date or any information about change in status that reflects IL being sent? Congratulations for your speedy processing.

Thanks, ReturnHome. Our cases never appeared online in any of my searches - even today, it says, "Case Status Retrieval Failed; This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system......".

Don't worry

Thanks, ReturnHome. Our cases never appeared online in any of my searches - even today, it says, "Case Status Retrieval Failed; This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system......".

You don't have anything to worry about. Most of the gurus here would agree with me that Case Status Retrieval Failed could be a good sign. I can go by with my experience. After my FP were done back in 2006 when I had applied for N-400, I used to see this same Case Status Retrieval Failed all the way till I got my oath. Even as of today, if I go & put my receipt number, I will still get the same message.
Hope that makes you feel a little better now :)

Most of the gurus here would agree with me that Case Status Retrieval Failed could be a good sign.
Hope that makes you feel a little better now :)

OK who are the GURUS here, lol;) and no seriously how exactly is it a good sign. I am just asking because my SSC* comes up with the same message online. Last info I have from talking to USCIS was that I was told that everything looked fine and that my file was being forwarded from Service Center to DO ATL and to wait 2 months for IL and to call back if it did not show up.

OK who are the GURUS here, lol;) and no seriously how exactly is it a good sign. I am just asking because my SSC* comes up with the same message online. Last info I have from talking to USCIS was that I was told that everything looked fine and that my file was being forwarded from Service Center to DO ATL and to wait 2 months for IL and to call back if it did not show up.

Jojo72,

What I have heard from ppl that if the case status online shows Case status retrieve failed something like that means that they have picked up your file & is now ready to be moved to the local DO to be scheduled for an interview. Now we don't know when the interview will be scheduled, but atleast there is nothing to worry about since that online is giving u an error. It doesn't mean that the file is lost & you don't know what's happening on your case & stuff like that. To get your own satisfaction, I used to call cust service using that 800 toll free number and have the rep escalate my call to the the next available IO. When you get the IO on the line, give him/her your A # (GC number) or that 13 digit receipt number & I promise you they will tell you some activity on your file. Either the IL is on it's way or the background check is done etc etc.

Thanks Atlanta_Brother for your detailed response. I called just 2 days ago and as I said they did say that my file was being moved to my local DO now, in my case ATL and that I would be scheduled for IL. That is indeed exciting!! Atlanta_Brother do you recall how long it approximately took for you to receive your IL once your file was moved from the service center to the DO? They told me 2 months on the phone, but everyone seems to be getting that answer lately

Timeline update: wife passed interview, oath next week

My wife had to redo fingerprints so she is behind me.
----------------------
Timeline:

Sent my wife's and own N400 to TSC in the same envelope.

N400 mailed via priority mail: 07/16/2007
N400 received by TSC: 07/19/2007
Checks cashed: 08/14/2007
Priority date: 07/19/2007
Receipt notice recd.: 1st week of Oct/07 (Notice date 9/28/07), same with my wife
FP Notice recd.: 2nd week of Oct/07 if I remember right, very soon after the receipt notice (Notice date 10/2/07)
FP: 10/16/07. Wifey 10/17 even though we asked for same day appointments....
WIFE'S 2ND FP: 11/24/07
MY INT NOTICE DATED: 12/28/07
MY INT: 2/28/08
MY OATH: 2/28/08 - I am done now!

WIFE'S INT NOTICE DATED: 2/1/08
WIFE'S INT: 3/4/08 @ 12:45 -- passed, int time was too late for same day oath
WIFE'S OATH: 3/11/08

I am a bad example

Thanks Atlanta_Brother for your detailed response. I called just 2 days ago and as I said they did say that my file was being moved to my local DO now, in my case ATL and that I would be scheduled for IL. That is indeed exciting!! Atlanta_Brother do you recall how long it approximately took for you to receive your IL once your file was moved from the service center to the DO? They told me 2 months on the phone, but everyone seems to be getting that answer lately

Jojo72,

You don't wanna know my story. I'll tell you in short. I was scheduled for an interview in Jan 2007. I was sent home and was never interviewed by an officer. He told me that I will be rescheduled since my file has not been transferred to the local DO (Atlanta). I called cust service many times & finally came to know that my background check was all done & the file transfer has initiated. This was back in April alright. So it from April, it's a 90 process so expect my file to be transferred by July & I should get a IL within that time frame.
Well no news till Sept before I get another letter that asked me to take my FP again as the first set of FP expired after 15 months. Anyways, the good news was I got my second IL notice exactly after 10 days of my FP. It was scheduled for Oct. I went for the interview, same thing happened. No file, so guess what? No interview. I came home disappointed. I then decided to file a law suit (WOM). My paperwork started in Nov 2007 and in Jan 2008, I was called for the interview again (3rd interview). This time my file was there. Interview went well at 8am & I was able to take the oath the very same day at 2pm. Applied for the passport next day & got it back in 3 weeks.
Let's hope your case goes smooth & get your citizenship in time.

WOW Atlanta_Brother:eek:,

Some of the stories I read on these boards are incredible. Yours is definitely one of those. I am so happy things worked out in the end for you, but you went through quite a journey to get your citizenship.

I called USCIS to check the status of my application. I was told by Customer support lady that it may take 3 months or more for interview/test. I asked her to correct my record in online system as it shows "record not found". she said she opened a ticket and may take upto 60 days to correct. also I asked her about my namecheck and finger print status. she don't have any information except that my case was last updated on Feb 11th saying finger print done. thats all i have to share with you. I am looking for more time lines from atlanta. anyone from august got IL ?

I called yesterday after Ravi's postabout him getting the date of interview on a call to see if they tell me my interview date.
Not a good thing. :(
She said it is getting habbit for all those N-400 applicants that is calling and complaining about case status not showing up online and asking them to transfer to an officer and asking about fingerprints and name check and interview date etc....
and she gave me a lecutre that I need to wait and hung up.
I was confused for a bit but it was ok that she was not the first person in my life to that rude :)

I called yesterday after Ravi's postabout him getting the date of interview on a call to see if they tell me my interview date.
Not a good thing. :(
She said it is getting habbit for all those N-400 applicants that is calling and complaining about case status not showing up online and asking them to transfer to an officer and asking about fingerprints and name check and interview date etc....
and she gave me a lecutre that I need to wait and hung up.
I was confused for a bit but it was ok that she was not the first person in my life to that rude :)

Sounds like your call got answered to a complete jackass who can stand to benefit from some etiquette classes. Call them again and say that you never got your FP notice. The service reps apparently can't see this information on their systems, so they'll have to transfer you.

Atlraj! Don't be disheartened. Read on >>

I just called again to find out the interview time (on 04/16). Again, I was lucky to get a nice service representative who transferred me to an IO in Los Angeles office. He actually read out from the notice the date/time/address of the interview. He also told me the notice was mailed out on Tuesday, might have actually gone out only on Wednesday, and to expect it within the next 5 days. He also said that in the event of the notice getting lost in the mail (for any reason), to simply show up for the interview as scheduled. He also volunteered his name again.

If you get an irate service representative, just put the phone down and call again :), you might hit pay dirt with the next one.

Hang in there, you will be OK.

Atlraj! Don't be disheartened. Read on >>

I just called again to find out the interview time (on 04/16). Again, I was lucky to get a nice service representative who transferred me to an IO in Los Angeles office. He actually read out from the notice the date/time/address of the interview. He also told me the notice was mailed out on Tuesday, might have actually gone out only on Wednesday, and to expect it within the next 5 days. He also said that in the event of the notice getting lost in the mail (for any reason), to simply show up for the interview as scheduled. He also volunteered his name again.

If you get an irate service representative, just put the phone down and call again :), you might hit pay dirt with the next one.

Hang in there, you will be OK.

Right on brother. That's a good news, something to look forward to. I always had good experience speaking to those IO's especially when they tell you that the FP or IL is on it's way, they never lie. You will get your IL by end of next week the latest. I can give you my expample. I still remember I had called on 21st Dec 2006 which was a Thursday and the IO told me that the letter went out that same day. I kept checking my mail box every single day & guess what ? I got the IL the following Friday on the 29th exactly after one whole week for my interview in Atlanta on Jan 22nd 2007.