Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Thank you all for encouraging reply.
I am looking forward to my FP appointment, during which I can make this change and have peace. :p

Newbie001.

Fingerpriting notice received

After what seemed like an interminable wait, we received the fingerpriting notice :) Notice date - January 28 and Fingerprinting appointment date is February 22 - 10:00 am for my wife and 11:00 am for me - at the Collier Road ASC in Atlanta.

The timing couldn't have been better - I was away in India for the past 3 weeks, and was afraid I will miss the notice/appointment while I was away. The notice was waiting at the USPS office and was picked up along with a lot of junk from the past 3 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I will see you

After what seemed like an interminable wait, we received the fingerpriting notice :) Notice date - January 28 and Fingerprinting appointment date is February 22 - 10:00 am for my wife and 11:00 am for me - at the Collier Road ASC in Atlanta.

The timing couldn't have been better - I was away in India for the past 3 weeks, and was afraid I will miss the notice/appointment while I was away. The notice was waiting at the USPS office and was picked up along with a lot of junk from the past 3 weeks.

I am glad you made it back on time & got your FP notice. My wife is scheduled for her FP at 12 noon on Fri Feb 22nd at the Collier Road ASC in Atlanta. Since you guys are scheduled for the same day there, we may run into each other, you never know :)

Atlanta Brother: It'll be great if we bump into each other on 02/22. After meeting anonymously (no face, assumed names, ...) on the internet & in this forum, it will be nice to meet in person!!

For the fingerprinting appointment, we have to take -
1. Fingerprint notice
2. Green Card
3. Driver's License or other government-issued photo id.

Am I right? Is there anything else we need to take?

Last edited by a moderator:
Atlanta Brother: It'll be great if we bump into each other on 02/22. After meeting anonymously (no face, assumed names, ...) on the internet & in this forum, it will be nice to meet in person!!

1. Fingerprint notice
2. Green Card

You have it right. Also, remember to leave your cell phone in the car.

Passport also

1. Fingerprint notice
2. Green Card

Yes that's right. You got it but if I were you I would also carry my passport coz there is a form that you need to fill out in the lobby & that may require some info off of your passport. Doesn't hurt to carry. See you there.
You can e-mail me at atlantabrother@hotmail.com prior to Feb 22nd.

Checklist of items to take for fingerpriting appointment

Thanks Atlanta Brother and Atlanta2008. Here's the checklist of items to take for fingerprinting appointment >>
1. Original fingerprinting notice (keep a copy for your records),
2. Green Card,
3. Passport,
4. Driver's License,
5. Leave the cellphone in the car.
6. In addition, I will take the entire N400 file, just in case.

It was quick. I applied for a passport on 02/07/2008 with expedited service and I got it on 02/15/2008. They put my middle name on it too.

Good luck everybody

Atl07,

did you have your middle name on the certificate of naturalization or you asked passport agency to add it to your first and last names?

Thanks

It was quick. I applied for a passport on 02/07/2008 with expedited service and I got it on 02/15/2008. They put my middle name on it too.

Good luck everybody

Hi,

Did you apply the passport in expedited one plus express shipping? or just expedited one plus normal shipping?

Thanks

Signing the Passport

, We had the exact same dates for the passport !

Wondering how did you sign your passport , same as Application or Regular Signatures

Good luck everybody

name check is pending...please help

Hi All

I sent my N400 since 12/17/2006 to chicago district and untill now I have not received any thing

Please what i Have else to do .....please help

=============
12/12/2006 PD
12/17/2006 N400 Sent
12/27/2006 N400 Received
01/10/2007 FP Notice
01/19/2007 FP Done
Jun 2007 infopass#1 with background check
Jan 11 2008 infopass#2 with background check
Jan 22 2008 sent letters to FL, Senators, Congress, FOIP with no respons

Wow!! For a moment, I thought you applied in 12/2007 and thought to myself "what's the hurry" - when I noticed your N400 date is 12/2006. So, it seems stuck in the dreaded 'name check' stage!! Try one more infopass appointment before anything else.

Good luck.

, We had the exact same dates for the passport !

Wondering how did you sign your passport , same as Application or Regular Signatures
Hi Taureen / ALL

My interview time is at 1:05 - Any scope that i could get the same day oath.

Anyone who had it at late hours manage to get the same day. What kind of questions do they ask. IS it all from the book??

My interview date is 2/21

Hi,

Did you apply the passport in expedited one plus express shipping? or just expedited one plus normal shipping?

Thanks
ATL 07

I guess I have the same question. Did you apply
1) Expedited with Next day delivery (both directions)
or
2) Expedited with Normal delivery

Good luck everybody

Congrats !!!
That is surprising that they issued you passport with a name that is not exactly same as what appears in Nat cert. Good for you !!!

Received IL's Today

Both my wife and I received interview notifications letter today. Both our PD is July 27th, 2007 for Atlanta DO/TSC. We have done our FP's right before Christmas time.

My wife's interview: March 19, 2008.

My interview: March 26, 2008.

Thanks!

My wife and I both have PD of 27Jul07, and she received her interview letter today for 26Mar.

Looks like things are starting to move along in ATL!!!

answers

Hi Guys

Sorry for late respond. I did not check the forum lately. My answers to the questions are

- My certificate of naturalization doesn't have my middle name

- When I was applying for the passport, I put my middle name on the application and the passport officer also attached my driving license's copy with the application which has my middle name.

-When I was talking to the officer, I also saw two different pricing with the expedited service. I asked her, if it really mattered to pick express service. She said the expedited service guarantied to have fast passport service but not mailing so she suggested us to get the expedited service with the express delivery. So we did. The passport cost me over $ 200. There are two different payment. Bring your check book since the fee ($151) you pay for US Department of State can be paid by only check while USPS fee ($ 57) is payable by a card.

Hi Taurean77

Interestingly our journeys have same pattern. I don't even track how many different signatures I used over here. One signature can not please everybody so change it with their direction. Even one government officer did not like my capital A in cursive on my signature, so I had to fill the form again and sign it the way she wanted. My experience on this issue is that which ever name is on the document, write that name in cursive as your signature. I wrote my first name and surname in cursive on my certificate since it doesn't have my middle name. On other hand, I wrote my first, middle and surname in cursive on my passport as a signature since it has my full name.

Hi N400Atl
Thank you for the congrats

good luck to everyone