At last Approved ..BUT..

bsr0130

Registered Users (C)
I have been browsing this forum every day for the last one year. But I have not even registered user until today.
I did it so to explain my strange journey I went through to get my approval. I thought this is the least I could
do to give back to this forum

Today morning at 7:30 I got a call from INS to my cell phone. I was really shocked when the person said that he
is an INS officer, Because I never expected a call from INS office since they always communicates through letters.
Any way that officer introduced himself as officer NUMBER 3??. Then he said he just opened my 485 case and asked me
the first dreaded question which I was trying to avoid all these months..ie., he asked whether I changed my job OR
am I still working for the same company that petitioned my I-140.

Since I already changed my jobs , I informed him that I changed exactly one year ago. I also told him that according
to AC21 rule I am allowed to change my jobs. He said he is aware of that law.

Surprisingly he said he is not going to issue an RFE , since he himself admitted that my case is pending for more
than 2.5 years , he did not want to furthur delay my case. But he asked me to fax my employment letter , W-2 for 2003
and latest last two pay stups.Then most surprising of all he gave his contact number and asked me to call him back
once I fax him the documents.

I Immediately rushed to my office with necessary documents and faxed all the documents.Then I called him up
and he immediately said that he recevied the docuemnts and said would make a decision by end of business day.

I started checking the on-line status every 10 minutes ..and at around 3:00 PM my status changed to APPROVAL.

So best thing I did was I never changed my Cell No after I applied my I-485 and this is the muber I gave to
INS. I moved 3 places after applying I-485.

Apparently the officer told me that since I did my finger printing in some other place other than the place
mentioned in the FP notice, he said he got a doubt about my employment continuity.

FY, I never informed INS about my change of employment

N/D 11/2001
FP 04/2003
APPROVED 02/11/2004

congrats!

I would say what a way to get approved - I am sure yours will be one unique case on this forum.

glad that the long wait is over for you!

congrats and good wishes

bsr0130
very unique case..but..WHO THE HELL CARES?..YOU ARE APPROVED!!!

can you post your online status message before approval?

GOOD LUCK!

First of all congratulations to u and ur family.

That would be unique..... it seems they are working some kind of deadline... to finish files.... or cleaning backlogs aggressively ..... as soon as they can

and receiving ph call from them.... you would be lucky person .....

pls share us do u have any difference in old and new jobs as "job title / salary" or any thing that is not matched as LC/140

Please do share with us about stamping and Plastic Card time frame.

hope you there would be more silent readers, who like to talk....

Always Help ppl so u can get helped too

P.O.J

Congrats! Enjoy!

Now, let us ALL get that officer's phone number and call him directly! Just kidding....!

congrat..

why not post the officer phone number and we could call him up to see what will happen?????????????

if you can do that, all the people will appreciate your help.

:))))))))))))))))
kk

Aisa bhi hota hai

bsr0130,
weird!!! A good one for Aisa bhi hota hai.
Man, what did u write in your covering letter. The IIO almost felt indebted.

Enjoy your freedom.

This is the most amazing story I heard.

Did you write to senetor or did something ?

My date and lot of other people have RD/ND/FP before you but no luck for us.

It is surprising the officer choose to contact you via cell.
The numbers there being 2.5 yrs old, can easily change.

I recently lost my cell phone and so I closed my Cingular service. I am now worried if these officers start contacting via cell phone.

Anyways, Congrats and good wishes.

To answer some questions..

First let me thank you all for your wishes..

To answer some questions

bkd52
--------
can you post your online status message before approval?

Ans: My message is no different than others before approval.
It said we have received your finger printing notice on april 2003.
You have to wait for 900 to 999 days..........so on and so forth..

PrinceofJungle
------------------
pls share us do u have any difference in old and new jobs as "job title / salary" or any thing that is not matched as LC/140

Ans: Fortuanately the job title matched exactly with LC/140 as "Programmer Analyst" . That is one of the condition I put to HR of my new company saying that they have to give me an appoint ment letter with that title
But my salary was 10,000 dollars different from LC/140.But there was 10% bonus mentioned in my appointment letter which adequatly compensated for the difference.

TEXASKK
-----------
why not post the officer phone number and we could call him up to see what will happen?????????????
if you can do that, all the people will appreciate your help.

ANS: I am just assuming that you are kidding..

GCExplorer
--------------
Man, what did u write in your covering letter. The IIO almost felt indebted.

ANS:That is the most funny part. I asked officer do you need any kind of letter from me or my company .He said nothing is required but just the documents that he requested.

Toolongawait
-----------------
Did you write to senetor or did something ?

ANS: I have no idea who is the texas senator is..

Can you give me the phone number of that officer. He looks like a kind hearted out of box officer. Please give me his number.

Don't POST!!!

First congratulations! Whatever you do, please do NOT post the officer's number. Nor do I think you should e-mail it to anyone. Those requesting the officer's number need a reality check. Congratulations once again!!