At last Approved ..BUT..

Experience of Stamping at San Antonio

I went to Local San Antonio INS Office at 7:30 AM with my passport, courtesy approval notice,EAD,AP, SSN and Driver License.I was the first person to be called. Officer asked my Texas Drivers License. Since I had not changed my driver license
,he said he has to ask his superior about this. He came back and asked me to show a proof of document with current
address. I showed him my Auto Insurance card which had my present address.
Then he said he did not like my AD style photos and asked me to do take the photos again. Luckily photo shop was
inside office only. I paid $11 dollars for new photos. Then he stamped my passport and gave me Xero copy of 485 approval
notice with Local INS received-stamp and asked me to bring it back for another stamping if my Card does not arrive in one
in a years time. I was out of the office by 8:15 AM.

Have a happy approval day

Photos

bsr0130,

Thanks for posting your experience. What kind of pictures are required for the plastic card? I thought they were the same style as for the AP (head tilted slightly to the side, white background). Just wondering. Thanks.....

What kind of pictures are required for the plastic card? I thought they were the same style as for the AP (head tilted slightly to the side, white background). Just wondering.

ANS: You are right . We require AP style kind of photos only. I did make a typing error in earlier message.

Q:Do you hire a new lawyer after job changing since previous company lawyer may not continue working for you anymore? I changed the job but not hire a new lawyer. Will that cause any problem?

ANS: Once I changed my jobs , I paid $2000 to my previous Employer as a kind of bribe (Ofcourse, he demanded it ,lest he said he would cancel my I-485..etc..even though I believe he cannot cancel once we are into 485 stage. So to avoid any kind of problems I paid them . That is the punishment you get for sticking and generating income for this Indian body shoppers for more than 4.5 years)

Since the lawyer anyway belongs to my company and since I paid bribe to my company , there was not a problem. But once you are in 485 stage past 6 months, there is nothing much matters unless you receive an RFE. Since RFE's are generally sent to
a lawyer , you should at least get RFE letter from the lawyer and reply to them. Since most of the RFE's are regarding employment letter and W-2's you should be able to do yourself.

If you are lucky and would not get an RFE , you would anyway get a COURTESY COPY from INS regarding approval
which is good enough for you to go and get stamping on your passport.In this case even if lawyer does not send original approval letter I think it does not matter much.

If you are absolutely certain that your old lawyer/company would NOT give RFE letter incase INS sends one , I think
you might be better off hiring a new lawyer but you might have to send this information to the INS. But I am not sure how that works. May be some other people in this forum who may have done changing lawyermay shed some light on this.