WOW!

This is the most amazing story of the day.. perhaps to tell the grandchildren:p

RD 6/01
ND 8/22/02
FP 7/16/03
src01250XXXXXX
AD?

Aug22_01

If somebody called me claiming to be any kind of government officer and asking me to fax W2's or something similar, I'd be very suspicious of whether that person really is who he says and not somebody who is fishing for an identity to steal...

What convinced you that it wasn't an impersonator?

Answer to alsowaiting

If somebody called me claiming to be any kind of government officer and asking me to fax W2's or something similar, I'd be very suspicious of whether that person really is who he says and not somebody who is fishing for an identity to steal...

What convinced you that it wasn't an impersonator?

ANS: The officer after introducing himself gave me the case no ,ND date and my address along with the company name who filed my I140. Who else will know all those details except me, my company, my lawyer and ofcourse INS.

Congrats!

It was an amazing story. Hope other officers learn from this officer #3??. What an efficient way to finish a case! Now I will make sure my cell phone is on all the time.

Congrats to bsr0130!

Did you fax your check alone with your document to the officer? (Just kidding)

But, you might want to send him or her a thank card to ask him keep this attitute. Tell him people at this forum all look forward to receiving his phone call.

Congrats

Enjoy!!

GC process is amazing!! Its a longer version of a hindi movie...Instead of 3 hrs....its 6 years...

a)Start with all the grief and distress...
b)then hero(Officer #3) emerges ....
c)and things change and....then a happy ending....

Amazing :)

Congrats and please do not publish the number. You certainly don't want to antagonize him and cause any delays to people waiting here for their respective GC's.

Enjoy and have fun !!

Congratulations!!!

Your phone ringed at correct time (mine is always out of network heee) .What a way to end.

First of All Congratulations...And Good luck to you..

You have really got every body's spirit's up, by sharing your exp.

Only one question:

Did you file for I-485 yourself? or through a Lawyer?

- "What convinced you that it wasn't an impersonator?"

"ANS: The officer after introducing himself gave me the case no ,ND date and my address along with the company name who filed my I140. Who else will know all those details except me, my company, my lawyer and ofcourse INS."

That probably would have convinced me too. I was just wondering, especially because 'officer number three' sounds quite james bond-ish, or maybe more austin power-ish... enough to trigger the paranoia switch.

Congratulations and enjoy your freedom!

Answers

RR_67
-------
Did you file for I-485 yourself? or through a Lawyer?

ANS: Yes, I did it through my company lawyer

alsowaiting
---------------
I was just wondering, especially because 'officer number three' sounds quite james bond-ish, or maybe more austin power-ish...

ANS: Officer number is not really number three. Since I did not want to publish entire number I put it as 3??. It is actually a three digit number

Change name of posting

Man,

Can you change the name ( is it possible) of this thread or highlight and make it important ,or I do not know what else is possible to make it catch every body's attention.

I missed this for two days, and all those who miss your experince is missing some real excitement ..

thanks
--pr

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

WOW, what a way to get approved.......I think you should go play the lotto......Many many congratulation.....seems unreal but really way to go!!!!! And yes do not give out the number...last thing we need is one of us harrassing the poor guy and prevent him from doing more good deeds like yours!
Cheers!!!!:D

Got Approval Notices

Guys,
I got both mine and my wife approval notices. I received Courtesy copy and my lawyer received original copy. Considering that it was approved only on Feb 11th, the notices have come very fast.

I will update my experience about stamping on passport once I visit the local INS office.

-Have a Nice approvals day