Asylum status changed!

The same thing! I think security checks these days are taking very long time and keep going into endless loop until someone pulls your case out of that loop, and thats what might have happened when the congressman office intervened in your case. I think you may hear something soon. Try to contact the congressman office again, but don't be pushy. Also, keep your eyes on the online case status tool and subscribe to email and sms updates, so when there is an update on your case you will get notified promptly.
Thanks for your advise, so you got same reply " case is under supervisor review"?, its been nine weeks exaclty since I got this response and im a little bit worried sine its been a long time under supervisor review.

Thanks for your advise, so you got same reply " case is under supervisor review"?, its been nine weeks exaclty since I got this response and im a little bit worried sine its been a long time under supervisor review.
Yes, the same reply. I think it is time to contact the congressman office again and nicely ask them to inquire about your case one more time since you didn't get any answer.

They already stated a three monthes time frame which ends in May 10th ( if i dont hear back by then
Then, you need to wait until May 10th before you contact them again. Its less than a month away. Who knows, you might get great news till then! Keep the positive thoughts! Good luck!

The same thing! I think security checks these days are taking very long time and keep going into endless loop until someone pulls your case out of that loop, and thats what might have happened when the congressman office intervened in your case. I think you may hear something soon. Try to contact the congressman office again, but don't be pushy. Also, keep your eyes on the online case status tool and subscribe to email and sms updates, so when there is an update on your case you will get notified promptly.
How can i contact them email or phone number and do u have their website

Thanks a lot for your support, its been hard 5 pending years, trying to be positive but cant stop the down time completely.
It is really hard to wait, and you feel like you are in a black hole, but you need to stay strong and keep positive thoughts. Try to use the work permit and apply for jobs... even small ones... and seek every opportunity you can have. Best of luck! :)

Hi all. I'm new to the forum. Couldn't keep the anxiety to myself lol. I was interviewed 04/17/19 in Chicago office and the Officer said the decision will be sent to me. Is it common? I guess it's gonna be a very long wait. Any experiences would be helpful. Thanks

Hi all. I'm new to the forum. Couldn't keep the anxiety to myself lol. I was interviewed 04/17/19 in Chicago office and the Officer said the decision will be sent to me. Is it common? I guess it's gonna be a very long wait. Any experiences would be helpful. Thanks
If the visa you used to enter US was valid on the day of your interview, then you are still in status, and decision would be mailed to you. However, if your visa was expired, then you are out of status, and you should go to the Asylum office 14 days after the interview to collect the decision. It is common now that some people receive a call from the Asylum office to inform them that they haven't reached a decision and they will be informed by mail.
Long waiting time is normal now due to the background check.

If the visa you used to enter US was valid on the day of your interview, then you are still in status, and decision would be mailed to you. However, if your visa was expired, then you are out of status, and you should go to the Asylum office 14 days after the interview to collect the decision. It is common now that some people receive a call from the Asylum office to inform them that they haven't reached a decision and they will be informed by mail.
Long waiting time is normal now due to the background check.
Thanks a lot for your quick response. It's been only 5 days since my interview. I'm out of status but she still said the decision will be mail out. I checked online today and it says " Decision is Pending "

Thanks a lot for your quick response. It's been only 5 days since my interview. I'm out of status but she still said the decision will be mail out. I checked online today and it says " Decision is Pending "
Then the officer probably knew that a decision will not be ready soon. Some people receive their decision so fast, after 14 days, while others are waiting for months. It depends on the background check. If they asked for background check on you, then your nationality and country of persecution may have an impact on the speed of the decision.

Then the officer probably knew that a decision will not be ready soon. Some people receive their decision so fast, after 14 days, while others are waiting for months. It depends on the background check. If they asked for background check on you, then your nationality and country of persecution may have an impact on the speed of the decision.
Thanks a lot your responses are very helpful. Fingers crossed. I'll keep you posted in there's any updates on the online case status.

Thanks a lot your responses are very helpful. Fingers crossed. I'll keep you posted in there's any updates on the online case status.
Another important point to consider, each case is different, so don't bother yourself extrapolating and guessing. You have done your interview,and sure a great burden has been lifted. Try to relax, the decision will be issued sooner or later. Focus now on your life.

It might take a while, maybe few weeks to several months. Hopefully you will hear good news before the end of the year. As Ishakp02 said, each case is different, and focus now on your life. :) Good luck! :)

It might take a while, maybe few weeks to several months. Hopefully you will hear good news before the end of the year. As Ishakp02 said, each case is different, and focus now on your life. :) Good luck! :)
Thanks for the response. I'll prepare myself to be patient. Will post updates if there's any