Asylum docs sent to a different service center. What I have to do?

Farrah

Registered Users (C)
I have a question. I sent my documents to a wrong service center. I live in San Jose, CA, and according to USCIS, I had to send my asylum documents to Nebraska Service Center. But, I mistakenly sent them to California center in Laguna Niguel, CA. I called USCIS and they told me to wait 30 days. Do I have to file a new application and send it to Nebraska Service Center? And also any info on processing times would be helpful. Thanks!!!

They will return the application to you asking you to resubmit it to the correct place. Do not worry.

Asylum documents.

I haven't heard from the USCIS for a month. What I have to do? Submit a new application to the Nebraska service?

Thanks,
Farrah

P.S. I have sent my docs to a wrong service center located in CA instead of sending it to the Nebraska.

I haven't heard from the USCIS for a month. What I have to do? Submit a new application to the Nebraska service?

Thanks,
Farrah

P.S. I have sent my docs to a wrong service center located in CA instead of sending it to the Nebraska.

just be patient and when you receive them back, then only send them to Nebraska

I have another question. It's May now and I am legal till the end of August 2009. Will it be possible to resolve my case till the end of August? I also filed the application myself without lawyer.
Thanks,
Farrah

you sent the application to the wrong center ... do you really think you don't need a lawyer? think about it.

I got back my docs from USCIS. Fortunately, CA service center sent it to Nebraska. The Nebraska service center sent it back to me saying that I don't have to include my US born daughter. They also wrote an abbreviation which I couldn't understand "ZSF". If anyone knows please let me know.
Thanks.

I got back my docs from USCIS. Fortunately, CA service center sent it to Nebraska. The Nebraska service center sent it back to me saying that I don't have to include my US born daughter. They also wrote an abbreviation which I couldn't understand "ZSF". If anyone knows please let me know.
Thanks.

This means the asylum office in San Francisco, CA.

Yes, they send all of it marking the questions 13 and 21 in my US-born daughter's applications and asking not to include her since she was born in the United States. But the thing is, the question 13 asks if this child in the US, and I answered yes. I dunno what they want. I need to counsel with a lawyer.

Good idea to consult a lawyer. I think question 13 is if your child is born outside US but now resides in the US.

I am in New york city and was seeking some attorney in my area. I spoke with couple over the phone. They said YES, I can file perallel to my H1. however, they didn't say that H1 would be put on hold meanwhile. This is new information thanks. Also, few more bad thing I found if you can tell me if it is correct ?

1) Lets say asylum is approved. While I am on asylum and waiting for GreenCard, I cannot go to my country even in case of Emergency or something ???

2) If Asylum is denied, it would look bad when I apply for any other status in future.??
3) The most important --- if denied, would I still be able to extend my H1 in future???

Please reply... Thanks alot.