Asylee N-400 Interview Experiences and 2011 Tracker

Hi guys,
As I promised yesterday... here I am posting my experience during citizenship interview.
I was there at 11.30 am an hour before my scheduled time. I waited until 2.20 pm and finally my name was called. I went in with the officer who was a very friendly male.. In his office he told to raise my right hand to tell the truth. He asked for my NP and GC he went thru my NP and said so you appeared in front of IJ ? I said yes..He said are you done with IJ I said a long time ago. He was oh okay.. He asked me to read a sentence and asked me to write one then asked 6 civic questions which he was satisfied with everything and went thru my application made sure everything was spelled correctly told me to sign.. He said you are recommended for approval I could not believe it because Not one time he went back my asylum application, why I renewed my NP, He did not ask me for my TD I mean nothing he was so nice too. Did I say that before? ohhhhh I was so nervoussssssssssssss until that moment then he made me sign my application with a approval paper sent to another room where I scheduled for my Oath date which is a month later. And left the building at 3.54pm. Long wait but it was worth waiting. This was done In NYC.. Any questions? And Good Luck to everyone.

Hi guys,
As I promised yesterday... here I am posting my experience during citizenship interview.
I was there at 11.30 am an hour before my scheduled time. I waited until 2.20 pm and finally my name was called. I went in with the officer who was a very friendly male.. In his office he told to raise my right hand to tell the truth. He asked for my NP and GC he went thru my NP and said so you appeared in front of IJ ? I said yes..He said are you done with IJ I said a long time ago. He was oh okay.. He asked me to read a sentence and asked me to write one then asked 6 civic questions which he was satisfied with everything and went thru my application made sure everything was spelled correctly told me to sign.. He said you are recommended for approval I could not believe it because Not one time he went back my asylum application, why I renewed my NP, He did not ask me for my TD I mean nothing he was so nice too. Did I say that before? ohhhhh I was so nervoussssssssssssss until that moment then he made me sign my application with a approval paper sent to another room where I scheduled for my Oath date which is a month later. And left the building at 3.54pm. Long wait but it was worth waiting. This was done In NYC.. Any questions? And Good Luck to everyone.

Thank you very much for sharing! Congratulations!!;)

dido, congrats!!!! en-joy it. Really awesome

Hi guys,

Hi guys,
CONGRATULATION...i'm so happy for you man...now get ready for your ceremony...and welcome to freedom...can i ask you IJ means? inmigration judge?
did they ask you for the taxes? the officer was a real american or naturalized american?
thanks for share your experience

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you! Yes immigration judge. I was not asked for taxes.. The officer sounded he was born here.

i'm very happy for you man...good wishes in your new life

KaLpsiz:

Do you keep the record of your naturalization processing time? Can you share with us here? There is a sample on some of the signature.

KaLpsiz,

Congrats and i am happy for you.
Did they ask to prove residency in NYC and if so, what document did you provide them

He Shefe and Stepent
No, They did not ask me anything.. The only thing he wanted to see was my GC and NP..nothing else... Yellow letter, they sent was asking for my State ID but they never asked me. No taxes, no ssn, no TD no nothing I was super surprised...Stepent I never kept it but I can provide it if you could give me few days hence I have an exam tomorrow... If you have any other questions please Do ask. thanks.

CONGRATULATION...i'm so happy for you man...now get ready for your ceremony...and welcome to freedom...can i ask you IJ means? inmigration judge?
did they ask you for the taxes? the officer was a real american or naturalized american?
thanks for share your experience

KaLpsiz...!! congratulation....!!!! I am really really happy for you...!!!!

Nepz06

hi folks,
I received text and email today from USCIS stating that my case has been updated and transfer to Local office for Interview/ testing... so, how long does it take to get interview date or notice in this poins...??

Nepz06

hi fellows,
I got my interview letter today for Interview schedule for 04/07/2011. will update more once interview done.
See my signature for time-line.

Nepz06

Hello guys,..Please advice me on this,..I came to the state as an international student.but im trying to apply for asylum..dont have any idea and am afraid of being denial for the asylum..Any advice will really help...thanks

Hello guys I live in Missouri. I am thinking all the citizen process will be in Kansas City. I became permanent resident on 06/01/2006. I mailed all the documents they might need today. Now it is time to wait and see how long it will take to get FP letter and date. I noticed the nepz06 has his interview 10 days earlier of his anniversary. Can we have our interview before our 5th anniversary?

You can be interviewed before your 5 year anniversary, but they won't give you an approval notice probably, and will just approve and mail you the oath letter.

do you have a typo on your signature? (01/19/09 : N-400 Mailed to Phoenix)
date doesn't seem to make sense

Hi All,

I applied for citizenship on March 7, 2011. It is my duty to inform everyone of the timeline just like other people did it (and informed me) before.
I applied exactly 89 days before my 5 years as a PR. You can imagine how I am waiting for that magical moment.
So far, USCIS hasn't done anything but I will keep you all posted.

And good luck to everyone!