Asylee getting married to F1

rickyjkh

Registered Users (C)
Hi everybody, I am new here and I need some answers from all of you. So please help me if anybody have thesame experience. I cam to the US on F1 Visa in 2001 later on I applied for the asylum and I go approve in 2004. I filed I-485 in 2005 up until now I still waiting for my interview.

I had a girld friend who is on F1. She came to the US on June 2005. I got married in 2006 now my wife didn't go to school any more since she married me. My question is As an asylee can I do anything to sponsor my wife?
Can she get any benifit from me?

If I have to wait until I become a USC, will it ok for my wife to Adjust her status since she is out of her status for so long? I am so worried about this.

Please help with this question.

Hi everybody, I am new here and I need some answers from all of you. So please help me if anybody have thesame experience. I cam to the US on F1 Visa in 2001 later on I applied for the asylum and I go approve in 2004. I filed I-485 in 2005 up until now I still waiting for my interview.

I had a girld friend who is on F1. She came to the US on June 2005. I got married in 2006 now my wife didn't go to school any more since she married me. My question is As an asylee can I do anything to sponsor my wife?

If I have to wait until I become a USC, will it ok for my wife to Adjust her status since she is out of her status for so long? I am so worried about this.

if you were married before you got asYLum, you could file for I 730
DERIVATIVE ASYLEE for her,her F1 STATUS WILL BE CHANGED FROM STUDENT VISA TO ASYLUM STATUS AS YOU,

I GOT MARRIED IN 1999 FROM MY GIRLFRIED WHO HAD F1 VISA AT THAT TIME,
IN 2000, I GOT ASYLUM, I FILED 1730 FOR HER, SHE WAS APPROVED
IN 6 MONTHS, SHE GOT ALL THE ASYLUM BENEFITS, AND ONE YEAR LATER
SHE APPLIED FOR GREEN CARD

At the moment, there is nothing you can do for her.

At the moment, she cannot receive any benefits. I would recommend you wait until you become an American citizen and then apply for your wife.

As far as your GC application is concerned, I think that you should try and call the USCIS and find out what is going on as it is outside the processing time.

I am an asylee marrying an F-1 visa holder (in status). I won't be able to apply for LPR until September. Is it best for us to have her delay graduation and stay in-status? (She doesn't graduate until 2010).
Is there another route we can go? (She is going into teaching).
Let me know. Your help is much appreciated.

I am an asylee marrying an F-1 visa holder (in status). I won't be able to apply for LPR until September. Is it best for us to have her delay graduation and stay in-status? (She doesn't graduate until 2010).
Is there another route we can go? (She is going into teaching).
Let me know. Your help is much appreciated.

were you married before or after you got asylum?

At the moment, she cannot receive any benefits. I would recommend you wait until you become an American citizen and then apply for your wife.

As far as your GC application is concerned, I think that you should try and call the USCIS and find out what is going on as it is outside the processing time.

I try to contact with the USCIS. I call and I went to talk with them in person at the immigration office. However all they told me is to wait a few more month again and again. Do you have any idear what else I should do? I try to get this information for one hole year now. Please let me know if you have any idear.