• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Asia DV14 Progress from Jun to Sept

yes , the guy was very nice ,
and sound pretty sure that i'll get interview, hope it based on facts.

Reactions: G&N
yes , the guy was very nice ,
and sound pretty sure that i'll get interview, hope it based on facts.
I called two times today with two different ladies and they told me that the numbers will be available on 15th of July. But one of the ladies told me that my case number did not released yet from DOS. I do not know if she means that CNs did not released yet for all selectee or some CNs are under negotiation in DOS to be current or not.

I called two times today with two different ladies and they told me that the numbers will be available on 15th of July. But one of the ladies told me that my case number did not released yet from DOS. I do not know if she means that CNs did not released yet for all selectee or some CNs are under negotiation in DOS to be current or not.
Skystar, you changed to CP 3 weeks ago and DOS needs to transfer your case to KCC and that is not done yet. In other word, it is still under processing by DOS. So your case will not allocate a visa slot until your case has been processed even your case # is current. What you need to do is to chase them and ask when your case will be processed.

Are you a 2014 selectee? If so you should have sent in forms immediately after the wedding. You can and should do it now, but it may already be too late to get that processed before an interview (if you are in the September batch). In that case you may not be able to get your bride into the consulate for the interview. You absolutely are better processing your spouse via the DV route.
Thaks a lot for your nice guidance.
Yes i am of 2014 and my CN is AS167xx. I did not know that i had to send the forms at that time. Your suggestion is that anyway i must send the forms and process it right now? But i am worried that it wont cause any problem to my case. What do you suggest dear Simon?

Skystar, you changed to CP 3 weeks ago and DOS needs to transfer your case to KCC and that is not done yet. In other word, it is still under processing by DOS. So your case will not allocate a visa slot until your case has been processed even your case # is current. What you need to do is to chase them and ask when your case will be processed.
But I call KCC yesterday, and told me me that your case is ok. I think that phrase means the DOS did not released any case yet for the last VB.

But I call KCC yesterday, and told me me that your case is ok. I think that phrase means the DOS did not released any case yet for the last VB.
Then it might means DOS still have not complete their scheduling yet. Let wait till next Monday.

Thaks a lot for your nice guidance.
Yes i am of 2014 and my CN is AS167xx. I did not know that i had to send the forms at that time. Your suggestion is that anyway i must send the forms and process it right now? But i am worried that it wont cause any problem to my case. What do you suggest dear Simon?

Get the forms sent by email asap. Send a scan of the marriage certificate also. Hopefully they will add your spouse to the invite - but given those will be coming out in the next week or two, you must hurry. If you miss that, then you will have take the forms and marriage cert to the interview. Once you have your interview date, if the spouse is missing, it would be worth calling ahead to the embassy to warn them you are bring a plus 1.

Also, at the interview you can expect some questioning about the marriage - is it rea. Be prepared to show evidence of the wedding, and of the relationship existing beforehand. Proof of trips taken together, photos, shared bills etc all help.

Get the forms sent by email asap. Send a scan of the marriage certificate also. Hopefully they will add your spouse to the invite - but given those will be coming out in the next week or two, you must hurry. If you miss that, then you will have take the forms and marriage cert to the interview. Once you have your interview date, if the spouse is missing, it would be worth calling ahead to the embassy to warn them you are bring a plus 1.

Also, at the interview you can expect some questioning about the marriage - is it rea. Be prepared to show evidence of the wedding, and of the relationship existing beforehand. Proof of trips taken together, photos, shared bills etc all help.
Thanks a lot for your kind help.

The reply i have recieved, i am going to share it with you and that is as below:
Thank you for your inquiry.

Family members not included on the initial entry may cause the case to be disqualified. Extenuating circumstances such as; you have been married or had a child after the initial application submission may be acceptable. If you meet either of these circumstances a photocopy of the marriage and/or birth certificate, along with English translations, should be provided with the completed forms. If you need to obtain additional DS 230 Parts I & II forms, you may download them at: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_1342.html .

A spouse and/or eligible children, unmarried and under the age 21 must have the above forms completed and returned before KCC can make the necessary adjustments to your case. KCC will accept this information via postal mail, email, or fax. Information received at KCC after interview scheduling will be forwarded to the Embassy or the applicant may carry this information with them to their interview appointment.

So, what does the last line mean? Does it mean that if they receive the information after the interview scheduling, they will send it to embassy at that time and there is no problem if they receive it after the interview schedule?

Another problem is that i don't have the translated version of my marriage certificate available right now and if i translate it, its process in my country at least takes two weeks to complete.

The reply i have recieved, i am going to share it with you and that is as below:

Family members not included on the initial entry may cause the case to be disqualified. Extenuating circumstances such as; you have been married or had a child after the initial application submission may be acceptable. If you meet either of these circumstances a photocopy of the marriage and/or birth certificate, along with English translations, should be provided with the completed forms. If you need to obtain additional DS 230 Parts I & II forms, you may download them at: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_1342.html .

A spouse and/or eligible children, unmarried and under the age 21 must have the above forms completed and returned before KCC can make the necessary adjustments to your case. KCC will accept this information via postal mail, email, or fax. Information received at KCC after interview scheduling will be forwarded to the Embassy or the applicant may carry this information with them to their interview appointment.

So, what does the last line mean? Does it mean that if they receive the information after the interview scheduling, they will send it to embassy at that time and there is no problem if they receive it after the interview schedule?

Another problem is that i don't have the translated version of my marriage certificate available right now and if i translate it, its process in my country at least takes two weeks to complete.

The email confirms exactly what I have already told you. The last line does indeed mean they will use their best effort to inform the embassy, but given that it is so late, I would be willing to bet that your spouse won't be included on the 2NL and won't be expected at the embassy UNLESS you do something about it (as I have suggested). Some embassies are relaxed about extra family members turning up for interviews - some embassies are absolutely NOT relaxed about that. So - it is worth a call/email to try and get your spouse on the expected guests list.

Regarding the translation, send it and the 230 forms by email now, this weekend, translated or not. You can follow that up with a translated version - although you might be able to get through the interview without the translated version (If the marriage cert is in the official local language of your embassy). Either way, stop procrastinating!

This notice is quite clear, indeed - when exactly did you receive it? Time is of absolute essence here, as Britsimon already pointed out to you.

The email confirms exactly what I have already told you. The last line does indeed mean they will use their best effort to inform the embassy, but given that it is so late, I would be willing to bet that your spouse won't be included on the 2NL and won't be expected at the embassy UNLESS you do something about it (as I have suggested). Some embassies are relaxed about extra family members turning up for interviews - some embassies are absolutely NOT relaxed about that. So - it is worth a call/email to try and get your spouse on the expected guests list.

Regarding the translation, send it and the 230 forms by email now, this weekend, translated or not. You can follow that up with a translated version - although you might be able to get through the interview without the translated version (If the marriage cert is in the official local language of your embassy). Either way, stop procrastinating!
Thanks a lot for your very clear and helpful guidance.
I will try to send it as soon as possible but again as you pointed that the marriage certificate has to be at least in your local official language-but unfortunately it is not! We married in the country other then my country(Pakistan, where we are originally from Afghanistan), and that's why the certificate is not in our local official language. Can i send it in that language or in this case it must be translated?
The other problem is that yet i dont know wether to which embassy they will send or they have already sent my documents for processing. I already sent them an email and asked wether to which embassy they sent my documents for further processing, but they replied that "Once your interview is scheduled, it will be forwarded to the embassy that you chose on your DSP-122". Where in this form i selected Kabul, Islamabad and US embassy of India.

Please kindly enlighten dear Simon.

You can use a combination of:-
Bank statements
Assets that you can and will sell
Job offer
I134.

If you don't have enough support through ANY of that - how do you actually plan to survive in the USA and pay for fees, tickets, rent and accomodation before you get work and so on?
Thanks a lot.
The only way for me may be a bank statement. So, can you please tell me that how much money should be in the bank account and does it matter whether how long the money have been in the account?

Thanks a lot.
The only way for me may be a bank statement. So, can you please tell me that how much money should be in the bank account and does it matter whether how long the money have been in the account?

You should ideally show around 10k per adult. Longer in the account is better of course, but I'm guessing you can't do timevtravelso it is what it is.

Thanks a lot for your very clear and helpful guidance.
I will try to send it as soon as possible but again as you pointed that the marriage certificate has to be at least in your local official language-but unfortunately it is not! We married in the country other then my country(Pakistan, where we are originally from Afghanistan), and that's why the certificate is not in our local official language. Can i send it in that language or in this case it must be translated?
The other problem is that yet i dont know wether to which embassy they will send or they have already sent my documents for processing. I already sent them an email and asked wether to which embassy they sent my documents for further processing, but they replied that "Once your interview is scheduled, it will be forwarded to the embassy that you chose on your DSP-122". Where in this form i selected Kabul, Islamabad and US embassy of India.

Please kindly enlighten dear Simon.

My point was send it in now, untranslated, but get it translated if needed for the interview.

Again they have given you clear correct statements, this time about the location.

Again they have given you clear correct statements, this time about the location.
But some other selectees as i know told me that they have already specified their embassy of interview and sent their documents to that embassy, where our CN ranks are close. But dont know how my one is not specified yet!

Density Analysis of Case No.
9001 to 9500 = asia without Nepal 82 , Nepal 93
9501 to 10000 = asia without Nepal 57
10001 to 11000 = asia without Nepal 124
11001 to 12000 = asia without Nepal 113
12001 to 12700 = asia without Nepal 70
Density Prediction of Balance Case No. for Nepalese
9501 to 10000 = Nepal 65
10001 to 11000 = Nepal 50
11001 to 12000 = Nepal 40
12001 to 13000 = Nepal 40
13001 & above = Nepal 40