• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Asia DV14 Progress from Jun to Sept

it's time to call , who will be the first one ?
Kentucky Consular Center at (+1) 606-526-7500 between 7:30am and 4:00pm.

Britsimon ,What u think about that ?

CEAC data upto 9500 for Nepalese
AP = 165 ( but march interview 50 , april interview 13 , may interview 38 is not made issue or still pending )
Issue = 2549
Ready = 847
TOTAL = 3561
So,
Balance Visa = 3750 - 3561 + 50 (AP of march interview upto 4325 is not made issue ) + 120 appx.( Ready 847 & balance AP isn't made issue or refused ) = 359
Refused = 104
So, asia with Nepal will CURRENT...................

AP = 165 ( but march interview 50 , april interview 13 , may interview 38 is not made issue or still pending )
Issue = 2549
Ready = 847
TOTAL = 3561
So,
Balance Visa = 3750 - 3561 + 50 (AP of march interview upto 4325 is not made issue ) + 120 appx.( Ready 847 & balance AP isn't made issue or refused ) = 359
Refused = 104
Biratnagar, does it include family visas too??

Let me answer your question instead of Britisiom since he doing a great effort.
Administrative processing: 96
Issued:139
Ready:321
refused:1
Based on that, the response rate till now is 29.3%(96+139+321+1)/1892
This is based on recent asian date from Kayend. All numbers include derivatives.:D
According to the CEAC data in 2013...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...VWWnJoV1BZSTF0R0JGeVRSTFE&usp=drive_web#gid=8

DV 2013 Applicants to be serviced by Embassy
Cambodia -498
Sri Lanka -363

So...The % of selectees interviewed by embassy
Cambodia(498/986*100)= 51%
Sri Lanka (363/802*100)= 45%

IMO.........In 2014 also they will interview atleast 40-45% for these two countries....
Up to now...
Cambodia -29.4%
Sri Lanka - 26.1%

Lets hope for the BEST!...:)

Last edited:

Issue = 2549
Ready = 847
TOTAL = 3561
So,
Refused = 104

Nepal won't be current. I'm sorry, that is certain.

r u agree that balance visa for Nepalese = 350+..............?

No - it is not so simple. You are ignoring AOS cases which don't appear in CEAC (probably 100/150 cases), plus you are ignoring Nepalese interviewing at embassies outside of Nepal. For the latter point (people not interviewing at their home embassy) KDU could be showing non Nepalese cases as interviewing there too - but on balance I would guess that more Nepalese winners will be outside Nepal than foreigners interviewing in Nepal.

So, the CEAC data is useful and indicative, but not as accurate as you seem to think. In that case we should also look at previous years history (such as Nepal getting 3300 visas from only 4700 selectees in 2013), and information such as the warning on the Nepal website and the email sent to one of the members. It is CLEAR that Nepal cannot go current. I do think and hope there might be a small increase over the 9500, but I would be VERY surprised if it went over 10k.

I wish I had more encouraging words, but if you want the logical truth - there it is.

No - it is not so simple. You are ignoring AOS cases which don't appear in CEAC (probably 100/150 cases), plus you are ignoring Nepalese interviewing at embassies outside of Nepal. For the latter point (people not interviewing at their home embassy) KDU could be showing non Nepalese cases as interviewing there too - but on balance I would guess that more Nepalese winners will be outside Nepal than foreigners interviewing in Nepal.

So, the CEAC data is useful and indicative, but not as accurate as you seem to think. In that case we should also look at previous years history (such as Nepal getting 3300 visas from only 4700 selectees in 2013), and information such as the warning on the Nepal website and the email sent to one of the members. It is CLEAR that Nepal cannot go current. I do think and hope there might be a small increase over the 9500, but I would be VERY surprised if it went over 10k.

I wish I had more encouraging words, but if you want the logical truth - there it is.
Very good explanation Simon. This is indeed what I thought too. And I hope it will be a small increase and good enough to includes DKK and Rayme.

Thanks for your explain...........

Reactions: DKK
Dear friends,
I faced a problem:
The problem is that i could not find any sponsor in US to fill my I-134 form. So, now i am concerned what to do with.
Please guide me friends if there are other option to do instead, as though i know that a job offer or a bank statement may also work. But as you know a job offer may be too difficult too in US. A bank statement may work but myself may not have that amount right now. So, please guide me what to do friends.

Another problem/concern:
I have married after submitting my forms months ago. So, as the last visa bulletin is coming very soon; may be after some days, so that please give me some suggestions wether it is better if i send my DS 230 forms now or i have to wait and i can do it after getting the visa? After how long if i reach there i can carry my spouse there?

It is to be mentioned that i send an email to KCC as well and they replied hours ago. If you need the email i will share it here.

Another problem/concern:
I have married after submitting my forms months ago. So, as the last visa bulletin is coming very soon; may be after some days, so that please give me some suggestions wether it is better if i send my DS 230 forms now or i have to wait and i can do it after getting the visa? After how long if i reach there i can carry my spouse there?

It is to be mentioned that i send an email to KCC as well and they replied hours ago. If you need the email i will share it here.

Are you a 2014 selectee? If so you should have sent in forms immediately after the wedding. You can and should do it now, but it may already be too late to get that processed before an interview (if you are in the September batch). In that case you may not be able to get your bride into the consulate for the interview. You absolutely are better processing your spouse via the DV route.

Dear friends,
I faced a problem:
The problem is that i could not find any sponsor in US to fill my I-134 form. So, now i am concerned what to do with.
Please guide me friends if there are other option to do instead, as though i know that a job offer or a bank statement may also work. But as you know a job offer may be too difficult too in US. A bank statement may work but myself may not have that amount right now. So, please guide me what to do friends.

You can use a combination of:-
Bank statements
Assets that you can and will sell
Job offer
I134.

If you don't have enough support through ANY of that - how do you actually plan to survive in the USA and pay for fees, tickets, rent and accomodation before you get work and so on?