April/May/June, 03 concurrent (140/485) filers - READ ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated Info

Hi All,
Thanks Jalma for your response.
I also asked my lawyer and she basically concurred with what you said. For the benefit of all members of this group here is a jist of what my lawyer said.

As long as H1 is valid a person could travel into the country even if he/she has applied for 485/EAD. One does not need to have AP documents if they are still on H1. The moment H1 expires or EAD is used for employment, the AP document would be required for travel.

While travelling one must also carry
a) a copy of the 485/765 reciept notices.
b) latest two pay stubs
c) original H1 document

Since my wife and I will be coming back to the U.S on different days, my lawyer asked me to send my originnal H1 document to my wife... I thought that was pretty strange....But my lawyer specifically told me to send my original H1 documents to my wife so that she could show that as some sort of evidance.

She was also asked to carry
1) my passport copies.
2) copies of my 2 latest paystubs
3) my 485 reciepts copies.
in addition to her reciepts and her H4 visa.

Hope this helps. If anyone has had a different experience, please share it with the group.

I have also updated my info in the excel spreadsheet.

Thanks

Anybody getting fingure printing notice?

Ihavent seen any updates on that front. Please do provide updates if you have any....

Guys one question about I 140

What are the rules for changing company. Can we cange the company after 6 months of receiving Receipt notice for I 140 even if it is not approved or does it have to be approved to change the company.
Please let me know.

Added my details

for what they are worth ;)

Note that I am using consular processing so I am not sure if that changes the types of notifications that I should expect to see.

Pemp

observation

Looking at the approvals (EAD & AP), it seems EB3 are moving faster than EB2. Any reason?
Just an observation. I am always in the slow moving line...

ead approved

i checked thru the online status this morning - message says:

"On july 1, 2003, after approving your application, we ordered a new card. Your new card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

How many days will it take to receive the card?

:)

I don't think approval of EAD/AP has anything to do with EB2 or EB3 category. Most of the people may not have applied to EAD/Ap as they have a valid HI visa.

Re: observation

Originally posted by tsnaresh
Looking at the approvals (EAD & AP), it seems EB3 are moving faster than EB2. Any reason?
Just an observation. I am always in the slow moving line...

Bec, all the people applied in EB2 and It has become overloaded as compared to EB3

Hi guys,

Looking at the trend it seems like BCIS is delaying to send notice for fingerprinting as the processing of GC is taking longer than expected (Approx. 19 months), so I think they wanted to avoid 2nd fingerprinting after the expiration of the first one in 18 months.

What do you think????

Hi pag-asa88:

They will mail the EAD after your I-765 is approved. You will see a message around 8th or 9th that the application has been approved and a approval notice is sent.

The approval notice goes to your attorney and you will get the EAD after 4 to 5 days.

You are looking at 10 to 12 days before you can see the EAD.

Hope this info helps.

Vemuru

Rfe

I heard from my lawyer that if you check your case status fequently on BCIS web site, you are likely to get rfe. He means that BCIS keep track of how many times particular EAC number getting queried on.
Is it true? Does any one know about it?

I-140 RFE

Online status says notice requesting additional evidence or information was sent on June 27th. I'm waiting for details from the attorney. I will update the tracker once I know what the RFE is about.

rfe for checking case status

Hi,
Is there any truth to what SAI4567 was saying about RFE for checking case status often on the web-site?
Can anyone comment?
I'm waiting for EAD & AP because I want to travel soon and I keep checking.

Thanks
J Rao

Status
Not open for further replies.