April/May/June, 03 concurrent (140/485) filers - READ ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.
May filer

Hi,
I am new to this form....Please add this to the spread sheet...

EB2 - 05/01/03(MD) - 05/02/03(RD) - 05/08/03(ND).

Thanks

updated information

People,

when you try to update your information, please download the last/latest .xls file and add your own information. Otherwise somebody else's information is going to be lost! Thanks!

tracker updated. :rolleyes:

Medicals

I just receive my LC, going to apply for I-140 and I-485, need some info about the processing times and also do we need to have medicals done before applying for I140/I485 ?
Ur reply is greatly apprecaited.

updated my info

Hi Guys , I updated my info here aswell in excel sheet.

mine is EB2, Send to INS (VT) on 06/05/03, RD - 06/06/03 and ND - 06/16/03.

Just sorted and added some conditions for approval dates

Added conditions nad sorted the date os that they are in order. I have sorted on ND since it is of importance.

use of EAD and AP

I will be using my EAD to change to part time in my current job.
I am planning to travel to India sometime in December and would like to know if I can use my H1 which is valid until July 2004 to re-enter or do I have to use AP since I will be using EAD.

I would like to extend my H1 in July 2004 and willl need I-94 to apply for extension.

Do you get I-94 if you enter on AP.

Also my spouse is on 7th year H1 and will need to get visa stamped when we go to india. Since visa stamping could take long, can he use AP to enter US wihtout using EAD.

FYI,

1140/485 concurrent at VSC
ND: 04/17/03
EAD: 05/22/03
AP: 05/27/03
I140: ???
1485: ???

Thanks

EAD/H1

You should be careful when you make decisions.

The day you sign form I-9 to use EAD, your H1 status is gone. You would be on pending AOS. You cannot have an H1 status and be on EAD at the same time.

You could reenter US on your H1 to get back the H1 status. However you would need to appropriate visa stamping on the passport. In my opinion it too risky for a primary applicant to be doing all this.

Just hang in there on H1 until I140 gets approved (if possible). Your spouse should start working on EAD to get the benifit of AP.

Hi Rajudm,
I do have visa stamp valid until July 2004. But I have to use my EAD in order to change to part time or else my company will have to apply for amended H1B which is time consuming and costly.

I checked with my lawyer as well and he said I can use my H1 visa to re-enter as long as I have the visa stamp.

He also said that I can apply for H1 extension irrespective of the I94 saying H1 or AP. Hence I am assuming that I get I94 even if I use AP to re-enter. Is that true?

Can someone please verify that a new I94 is issued at the port of entry even if you use Advance Parole to enter US.

Thanks

Nash09 please use the lateset excel sheet to add your info.

Guys please use the latest excel sheet for updating info. Or we might lose info of other people. This forum is the best way I have found for getting an idea of the processing times.

I am attachign the file which i had nash if your info in not there please add it to the sheet and post it

Hey maheshzarkar...Thanks for the info !!
I am next in our list...I hope mine will be approved in 2 to 3 days....My ND is on MAY/16/2003 and your is MAY/15/2003..

Is BCIS approving applications based on Mailing Date or Notice Date..

My info: nick_name: KRI911
MD: MAY-03-2003
RD: MAY-07-2003
ND: MAY-16-2003

Was going through another link and they posted some information "May be its a bogous" and I expect that it should be bogus !!....Can someone clarify...Since "maheshzarkar" got approved yesterday then we can clear this "Bogus news"

News is that.....Only the primary applicant will get the EAD but spouse or children has to wait till I-140 is approved to get EAD for them....????? ,And it seems it been effect with new rules in BCIS ... Is that True????

I don't like this news...Please share your experiences

This is not correct. I know it has been published somewhere. One of the Junior IIOs who has no idea about any thing has given that info to one of the law firms. Any way it is NOT correct and other lawfirms confirmed it. BCIS is issuing EAD/AP as usuall. No change in that.

-Sanga.

Originally posted by krishna_ps
Was going through another link and they posted some information "May be its a bogous" and I expect that it should be bogus !!....Can someone clarify...Since "maheshzarkar" got approved yesterday then we can clear this "Bogus news"

News is that.....Only the primary applicant will get the EAD but spouse or children has to wait till I-140 is approved to get EAD for them....????? ,And it seems it been effect with new rules in BCIS ... Is that True????

I don't like this news...Please share your experiences

EAD

Hi Friends

My ND is 01/28/03. Got an RFE for I-140 in April and so my EAD was put on hold.

I-140 got approved yesterday, but the EAD online status remains unchanged. Will have to wait and see how long they take to approve the EADs for me and my wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.